Panasonic ET60 2013 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Here is more solid info on the new (passive) 3D LED replacing the ET5 for 2013. Still no price, but I have been following their site and within the last week they have added more info as well as what looks like a final design.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L50ET60?t=specs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Shankenstein View Post

Here is more solid info on the new (passive) 3D LED replacing the ET5 for 2013. Still no price, but I have been following their site and within the last week they have added more info as well as what looks like a final design.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L50ET60?t=specs
If you check the tech specs you will notice an added "Home Theater" mode as well as the normal presets. It appears to use the "clear panel pro" from the DT50 as well offering built 2.1 VR surround sound with 2x front speakers and a rear 75mm woofer.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-19-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here are the final specs and price.
http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L50ET60
post #4 of 9 Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any word on a price of the 55 inch version of this?
post #5 of 9 Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM

post #6 of 9 Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 PM

MSRP can be found here on the Panasonic store website.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-L55WT60?t=overview
post #7 of 9 Old 05-10-2013, 12:18 PM

Liked: 11
I have a new 2013 ET60, great mechanical and picture quality !

One issue I cannot resolve though...
No matter what I try, cannot get the Media Player files (on USB stick) to play in 5.1 Digital Dolby surround sound. I know these files contain 5.1 Dolby Digital (6 channel) since they worked on my older Samsung... I did select the proper audio channel (AAC surround is shown in SAP menu and selected), but only get stereo from the Optical Digital Audio output connected to my Sony A/V Reciever (no hdmi). Please let me know if you have similar experience, or solution...thanks / Max
coolgreek likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 06-14-2013, 12:49 AM

I myself am a happy owner of panasonic L50ET60 tv for about 2 weeks...
some things about this tv:
1) Design: It looks much nicer close up than what i saw in pictures! It's beautiful and i do prefer it's silver bezzel over black one!
2) Picture quality: Very very good... At day time it's punchy (and accurate) colors deliver a very nice picture while the blacks are black. But at dark environments things quite change and the ips panel just can't deliver pure blacks but "milky" ones (as i've read at some reviews, mild grey looking).
3) 3D: passive, easy to use and quite impressive! Downsides: visible scanlines (you need to be at a distance bigger of panel size*1,5 for them to become unnoticeable -as tested by me). Also a downside it only provides 2 pair of passive glasses (that are quite beautiful and fit nicely over my prescription glasses).
4) Too many reflections... It's glossy screen produces quite a lot of annoying reflections!
5) Average (almost good) sound, at least to my ears!. Especially comparing with some older tv's it's sound is far better. For everyday usage it is alright but for movies etc it's recommended you connect some external source (external speakers, soundbar, home cinema)!
6) Menus and settings are quite easy to handle even without reading the manual! Home screen is a good addition but i would prefer a full-screen tv option to be available.
7) Excellent upscaling and handle of sd signals! Even analogue eek.gif transmissions appear nice!
8) Smart TV platform easy to use! Very nice addition the tv thumb at the up right corner while browsing through apps! However it's quite slow (slow cpu).
9) About motion clarity: Even without it i noticed only a very mild blur on fast moving scenes. Engaging IFC reduces the blur but can make the (so called) "soap opera effect" apparent. I prefer the "min" setting as it helps without much of the "soap opera" effect kicking in!

Overall: Quite nice set, very happy with my decision! It's black levels are it's bigger downside but thats only at completely dark environments!

Here is a picture of the set:

PS: edited to add Smart TV and motion clarity impressions as well as a picture of the set!
post #9 of 9 Old 06-28-2013, 08:29 AM

Hello,

I recently purchased the 55ET60 and I love it! One question: I have noticed when using the Youtube App that some of the videos are giving me the "Soap Opera Effect". I have the motion picture setting set to off and this effect does not happen when watching TV or Blu Ray's - only in the Youtube App. Are there separate settings for the picture when your dealing with the Apps? Any help to explain this is much appreciated.
coolgreek likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page