LG Simplink working, but resetting input to TV Audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi there,

I am somewhat of a newbie here but I have found these forums to be extremely helpful in the past. Since LG has been no help, hoping somebody can assist...

I have a LG 47LM6700 as well as a Denon AVR1613. Denon has single HDMI out to LG ARC and my primary / most used input is Cable/Sat on the receiver. Until recently, the Denon receiver was set to passive HDMI control so that it could get the Cable/Sat signal even when the receiver was off. I now have a full 5.1 speaker set up and would like to utilize the receiver's multi-channel setup through the Cable/Sat input, which works flawlessly when I manually turn receiver and TV / DirecTV on separately. I'd obviously like to be able to easily turn them all on at once and just work.

At this point, LG's Simplink is turned on. Hitting the on switch on my DirecTV (primary) remote successfully turns everything on BUT constantly resets my Denon default input from Cable/Sat to TV audio. The result is a black screen and no audio.

Is there a way to fix this so that Denon receiver remains in Cable/Sat input mode, using Simplink? Of will Simplink always default back to TV audio? And if the latter is the case, how can I make this very simple thing work correctly?

P.S. I've read some other forums about needing an optical cable but not sure that is the right solution here.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-11-2013, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 876
Why do you need the HDMI-CEC on? My Samsung tv's version of HDMI-CEC does the same thing with my avr. Just the battle of the brands and screw the consumer for an intelligent solution. I turn my HDMI-CEC off, while it eliminates ARC functionality I don't use my tv apps any more as my PS3 has better ones anyways...for a while my Harmony remote setup with delays was a solution for a while after I changed remotes couldn't get it setup right so just turned the HDMI-CEC off on the tv.

post #3 of 3 Old 12-03-2013, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Kgold,

Did you ever get this resolved? Having this same issue but with my pioneer receiver! Hope you did!!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 47lm6700 47 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv , Denon Avr 1613 Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page