does hdmi capable monitor make a difference? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2013, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have this problem and i wonder if anyone know the answer.

i have this gtx 670 videocard which have hdmi output. i use this hdmi port and hdmi cable to send signal to my onkyo receiver. and i have a asus monitor with HDMI support and gtx 670 have dvi-d display port. my display cable have two different end. one end with dvi plug and other end is hdmi. so i use the dvi out from videocard and hook the hdmi end to the asus. so everything work without problem.

here is a weird problem that i might think that this new monitor dont have hdmi support maybe the issue.

so i bought this dell s2340m monitor and which dont have hdmi support. because of non hdmi support so i have to use display cable with both end dvi-d. the display would be fine. but when i hook my hdmi for the onkyo receiver into the videocard. the desktop screen disappear and icon is gone and the monitor still show my wallpaper but it a bit zoomed out. and i can't do anything. it a very weird problem. but if i unplug the hdmi from the receiver it return to normal desktop...

and if i uninstall my nvidia drivers and i dont have that problem so i guess is that after installing the nvidia drivers it cause that problem.

anyone know why is this? any work around for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-15-2013, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
and i am using the beta 313.96 driveres atm.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-16-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Your receiver is not passing the HDMI resolution you are sending through properly. Are any other devices connected to the receiver? If so try with them disconnected from the receiver. Does the receiver support HDCP?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page