Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 145 - AVS Forum
First ... 143  144  145 146  147  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread
georaldc's Avatar georaldc 02:34 PM 04-18-2014
Does Sony's warranty cover open box and/or display units purchased? A nearby Best Buy has 1 display unit for below 1200 that I've been eyeing for a couple of days now

steve1971's Avatar steve1971 05:43 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by georaldc View Post

Does Sony's warranty cover open box and/or display units purchased? A nearby Best Buy has 1 display unit for below 1200 that I've been eyeing for a couple of days now

I don't know if they do or not. You could certainly give Sony a call and see if they do.
Tritonheat20's Avatar Tritonheat20 05:45 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavie3 View Post

Thanks Tritonheat20, I've been watching hockey in Hd for years on my Panasonic plasma and am really looking for tips on calibration, etc. do you turn off Motionflow for instance?

That I have turned off. As a matter of fact, pretty much all those extra settings are either off, or set to low..... Sometimes you have to just do a trial-and-error before you get it just the way YOU like it. Some of the settings posted in this thread are a good start. Try some of those, and work from there. Good luck.
Tritonheat20's Avatar Tritonheat20 05:58 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdavie3 View Post

Thanks Tritonheat20, I've been watching hockey in Hd for years on my Panasonic plasma and am really looking for tips on calibration, etc. do you turn off Motionflow for instance?

Okay, here's perfect example. The Bruins / Red Wings game is on right now on NBCSN, and looks nice and bright, and very clear. Last night on the this same channel, the Sharks and the Kings game on a west coast feed was on, and was kind of dark and some-what blurry. It was watchable, but the two broadcasts looked completely different. That's why I believe the picture for hockey depends on where the feed(s) are coming from. So it's hard to gauge and get good picture set-ups on this set watching hockey.
ptysell's Avatar ptysell 10:04 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonheat20 View Post

Okay, here's perfect example. The Bruins / Red Wings game is on right now on NBCSN, and looks nice and bright, and very clear. Last night on the this same channel, the Sharks and the Kings game on a west coast feed was on, and was kind of dark and some-what blurry. It was watchable, but the two broadcasts looked completely different. That's why I believe the picture for hockey depends on where the feed(s) are coming from. So it's hard to gauge and get good picture set-ups on this set watching hockey.

Anything 'live' will differ every single time.
Every single game you watch will be different as each location/crew handles color correction/lighting/ect. differently.
Tritonheat20's Avatar Tritonheat20 10:10 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptysell View Post

Anything 'live' will differ every single time.
Every single game you watch will be different as each location/crew handles color correction/lighting/ect. differently.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I replied to that other poster who was looking for settings while watching hockey games. Just have to find the curve on some channels. Have to say All the games on Directv's NFL Ticket look awesome in HD though.
digimat's Avatar digimat 10:12 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:

Yes, same warranty applies.
darkwizard's Avatar darkwizard 10:26 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:

I had a chat with a support rep today, yes it is covered under Sony, but he said that it starts from the original purchased date, so if someone bought it before then it starts then; as for the Display unit, I would check the manufacturer date, if the panel is not to par and you are within the year, you can get support from Sony.
sdavie3's Avatar sdavie3 10:58 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritonheat20 View Post

Couldn't agree more. That's why I replied to that other poster who was looking for settings while watching hockey games. Just have to find the curve on some channels. Have to say All the games on Directv's NFL Ticket look awesome in HD though.

The "Sports" setting in Scene Select seems to work pretty well for hockey, despite the different lighting and other conditions from the various broadcast outlets. But the color just isn't as sharp generally as it is on my Panasonic plasma for other sports (baseball so far).
Ron3636's Avatar Ron3636 03:25 PM 04-19-2014

Hi all, just stopping by to tell my happy lil story.

This past xmas I got my hands on a w802a but had to return it a couple of times due to some DLNA issues.

I decided to get a refund and select a different tv but my return period was up so I call sony.

I tell sony of my situation and inform them that I wish to have a refund or an exchange for another (working) model.

I was told that the tv must be serviced and that I would get a call from a repair tec.

I told sony that I was done with this tv due to the fact that I have returned the tv 2 times and all 3 have suffered the same symptoms.. The call gets escalated. 

The next department tells me that before any exchange or refund that a repair tec must see the tv first. I agree and was told I would get a call from a repair tec in the next few days.

A few days pass and sony calls, but not from the repair tec, from the last department I had spoken with.

I am informed that they were in contact with the repair department and that the part my tv needs is not available and when it will be available is unsure.

I now am a bit upset as I was never going to have the tv serviced and I am unsure how they know what part my tv needs without ever seeing it.

The rep goes on to say that they will be sending me out another w802a. I stop him dead in his tracks and re-explain my situation, saying I will only except a full refund or another model.

I am then put on hold for about 20 mins. and when he returns I am offered 2 different models to choose from, the kdl-55w900a or the kdl-55w800b. 

I choose the w900a and I am awaiting delivery  this thursday, 6 days from when I except their offer. Sony also gives me an additional 2 years to my warranty.

This is a summarized version of my story as I made countless calls, dealing with many reps and managers over a 6 week period.   

steve1971's Avatar steve1971 04:49 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron3636 View Post

Hi all, just stopping by to tell my happy lil story.

This past xmas I got my hands on a w802a but had to return it a couple of times due to some DLNA issues.

I decided to get a refund and select a different tv but my return period was up so I call sony.

I tell sony of my situation and inform them that I wish to have a refund or an exchange for another (working) model.

I was told that the tv must be serviced and that I would get a call from a repair tec.

I told sony that I was done with this tv due to the fact that I have returned the tv 2 times and all 3 have suffered the same symptoms.. The call gets escalated. 

The next department tells me that before any exchange or refund that a repair tec must see the tv first. I agree and was told I would get a call from a repair tec in the next few days.

A few days pass and sony calls, but not from the repair tec, from the last department I had spoken with.

I am informed that they were in contact with the repair department and that the part my tv needs is not available and when it will be available is unsure.

I now am a bit upset as I was never going to have the tv serviced and I am unsure how they know what part my tv needs without ever seeing it.

The rep goes on to say that they will be sending me out another w802a. I stop him dead in his tracks and re-explain my situation, saying I will only except a full refund or another model.

I am then put on hold for about 20 mins. and when he returns I am offered 2 different models to choose from, the kdl-55w900a or the kdl-55w800b. 

I choose the w900a and I am awaiting delivery  this thursday, 6 days from when I except their offer. Sony also gives me an additional 2 years to my warranty.

This is a summarized version of my story as I made countless calls, dealing with many reps and managers over a 6 week period.   

Well I am positve you're going to love the W900. Its an excellent tv. One of Sonys very best.
Ron3636's Avatar Ron3636 05:49 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post

Well I am positve you're going to love the W900. Its an excellent tv. One of Sonys very best.

Thats what I have been reading and I am very excited to get it. Overall I was pleased with the w802a, so I can only imagine how much better this 1 will be.

Has anyone had any issues with this tv disconnecting from a nas or media server?

Also, does this tv come with the 1 touch nfc remote or do I need to order 1?

steve1971's Avatar steve1971 06:26 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:

Quote:

Thats what I have been reading and I am very excited to get it. Overall I was pleased with the w802a, so I can only imagine how much better this 1 will be.

Has anyone had any issues with this tv disconnecting from a nas or media server?

Also, does this tv come with the 1 touch nfc remote or do I need to order 1?

It comes with a remote enabled with nfc. As for hooking it up to a media server? I don't have my set hooked up to any servers so I cant answer that question. I know I use the built in wifi for streaming, updates, ect but that's about it.
ph00p's Avatar ph00p 10:18 AM 04-21-2014
Quote:

I used my PC as a media server and I haven't had a single problem. The NFC ONLY works on Xperia phones as far as I've read my Nexus 7 picks up the interaction but only the tag and not the transfering of video, but maybe I'm doing something wrong.
baron2's Avatar baron2 11:20 AM 04-21-2014
is there a replacement model this year for the 55w900a, if so what is the model number?

Thanks
snehal's Avatar snehal 11:35 AM 04-21-2014

I recently purchased w950a

Can someone please tell me what's the difference between these two ???

http://www.sony-asia.com/quickcomparison/kdl-55w950a+in5/kdl-55w900a+me6

Note: Its not 950b

Its lot slimmer -- check the gallery

Full Specs:

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/kdl-55w950a

Thanks...

snehal's Avatar snehal 11:38 AM 04-21-2014

I recently purchased: 55w950a

Note: its not 950b

Can somebody tell me what the difference between 950a & 900a

The only thing I can tell is its lot slimmer....

I dont know what technical difference  in specifications both the models have...

PureHazard's Avatar PureHazard 11:58 AM 04-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snehal View Post

I recently purchased: 55w950a
Note: its not 950b

Can somebody tell me what the difference between 950a & 900a

The only thing I can tell is its lot slimmer....
I dont know what technical difference  in specifications both the models have...

I thought the W950A is the Asian version of the W900A.
fredrikreiman's Avatar fredrikreiman 12:33 PM 04-21-2014

Hi!.. new here.

Just got a 55" w905 a couple of weeks ago, very happy with it. Does anyone have it connected to a Sonos playbar? I´m mostly playing mkv through the media player in the tv. And my computer is running serviio. Does the optical passthrough DTS to the soundbar or not? Worried not getting sound from my DTS movies (which sonos doesn´t support).... So, is Sonos playbar a good choice with the w905? 

snehal's Avatar snehal 01:45 PM 04-21-2014
please help... its urgent
snehal's Avatar snehal 01:48 PM 04-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureHazard View Post

I thought the W950A is the Asian version of the W900A.

I am just concerned about the performance of these two... Are they similar ?
Also when I checked through diagnostic menu ( i --> 5 --> Vol- --> power ) it shows the following:

03006 725 03093

am worried that i got a demo piece.

please help and clear my doubts.
mrwiseguy85's Avatar mrwiseguy85 02:05 PM 04-21-2014

Just curious for those who have purchased open box W900a's with missing remotes - how did you go about getting a replacement?  Did you go the official route or opt for a universal?  Still eying an open box at my local Best Buy but evaluating my options.  Thanks.

wth718's Avatar wth718 02:18 PM 04-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by snehal View Post

I am just concerned about the performance of these two... Are they similar ?
Also when I checked through diagnostic menu ( i --> 5 --> Vol- --> power ) it shows the following:

03006 725 03093

am worried that i got a demo piece.

please help and clear my doubts.

The performance will be identical. the 950a is the Asian version of the 900a. 950b is a new set, and by the reviews I've seen, is not as good as the 900/950a.
newtophoto's Avatar newtophoto 04:47 PM 04-21-2014
Anyone able to share some audio settings? Also, what is the difference between game standard and original? I know these have probably answered before, but there are so many pages to sift through. And lastly, PS4 should be set to full and XONE to limited?
snehal's Avatar snehal 08:49 PM 04-21-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post

The performance will be identical. the 950a is the Asian version of the 900a. 950b is a new set, and by the reviews I've seen, is not as good as the 900/950a.

w950a
I also noticed its a monolithic design.

Does it have the same local dimming / full array dimming as its very slim compared to 900a

Any professionals here who knows the full specs of w950a ?

Also please explain these numbers, I got it from the diagnostic menu after pressing i, 5, Vol -, Power

03006 725 03093

I just used it for 2 weeks...

Thanks.

ph00p's Avatar ph00p 09:32 PM 04-21-2014
I just got an update on my set, any ideas what might have been changed/fixed/added?
My tv's software is now at PKG4.411AAA
Beermaestro's Avatar Beermaestro 09:43 PM 04-21-2014
A quick question. How to I get the TV to come up in in some mode other than TV tuner? I know it used to but I haven't been able to get back to that.
Jack
snakzz's Avatar snakzz 05:40 AM 04-22-2014
Quote:

Yep the Norton setting are for Blu ray movie watching and regular tv watching. They are excellent settings. For gaming though? The settings may be different I dont know. Cant help you there since I aint a gamer.

Where can I find these settings? smile.gif
steve1971's Avatar steve1971 06:29 AM 04-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph00p View Post

I just got an update on my set, any ideas what might have been changed/fixed/added?
My tv's software is now at PKG4.411AAA

Yep mine got the update this morning. No word on Sony.com what this ones for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakzz View Post

Quote:

Yep the Norton setting are for Blu ray movie watching and regular tv watching. They are excellent settings. For gaming though? The settings may be different I dont know. Cant help you there since I aint a gamer.

Where can I find these settings? smile.gif

SoundandVision.com

Go to LED Tv Reviews and you find them there. Need any help let me know.
snakzz's Avatar snakzz 06:40 AM 04-22-2014
Quote:

Yep mine got the update this morning. No word on Sony.com what this ones for.
SoundandVision.com

Go to LED Tv Reviews and you find them there. Need any help let me know.

Is it:

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-593595/sony-kdl-55w900a-picture-settings/

or

http://www.soundandvision.com/content/sony-kdl-55w900a-3d-lcd-hdtv

? biggrin.gif
Tags: Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
First ... 143  144  145 146  147  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop