Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 165 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4921 of 4925 Old 08-30-2014, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have bravia sync enabled and i see my BD player and Avr in the device list but the AVR doenst show connected under the "Audio system". Any ideas?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4922 of 4925 Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 PM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredsobad View Post
I have bravia sync enabled and i see my BD player and Avr in the device list but the AVR doenst show connected under the "Audio system". Any ideas?

Thanks
Checked my BraviaSync Menu and it looks the same as yours, doesn't show 'Connected' for Audio System. It does show SR7005 under Type...my receiver is a Marantz SR7005. I'm getting 5.1 out of the TV's optical out, haven't used ARC.

The only other thing I can think of is the Important Note part in the quote below...Maybe also setting audio out to Fixed or something else in the Audio settings section.
BTW the part about setting speakers to Audio System happens automatically when I turn on my AVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfincek View Post
What kind of receiver do you have? Why do you have it connected like this?

My connection is like this:

TV watching
from optical out to optical in on A/V receiver via optical cable

HTPC usage
from HTPC HDMI output via HDMI cable to A/V receiver HDMI input. Another HDMI cable from A/V receiver HDMI output to HDMI input on Sony TV.

When using like this I just need to select correct audio input on A/V receiver when watchin certain source and that's it. I'm not doing circles with sound through TV when using my HTPC.

Another important note:
When putting out Dolby Digital 5.1 from the TV. There are two settings important in the TV menu: Sound \ Speakers. This setting you need to set to Audio System. That way the internal TV speakers are automatically disabled. If you want to have 5.1 content passed through optical then you need to set Sound \ Digital Audio Out to Auto and not PCM (PCM will pass through only stereo 2.0).
Also you need to be attentive to the settings which you find in menu Digital Set-Up \ Audio Set-Up -> here you need to set Audio description to Off in order that DD5.1 is pass through the optical cable, otherwise I have only stereo while watching TV programme with DD encoded sound. This last setting may vary from country to country and depends on the cable provider.

best, d.

I want Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!
post #4923 of 4925 Old 08-30-2014, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredsobad View Post

Thanks
After you turn on control arc on you avr did it switch to external speakers if it did not you have to go to settings sound adjust and go to speakers and change it from TV speakers to audio system then it should pass 5.1 from apps and internal tuner.
post #4924 of 4925 Old 08-31-2014, 11:04 AM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
Checked my BraviaSync Menu and it looks the same as yours, doesn't show 'Connected' for Audio System. It does show SR7005 under Type...my receiver is a Marantz SR7005. I'm getting 5.1 out of the TV's optical out, haven't used ARC.

The only other thing I can think of is the Important Note part in the quote below...Maybe also setting audio out to Fixed or something else in the Audio settings section.
BTW the part about setting speakers to Audio System happens automatically when I turn on my AVR.
Thank you for posting the quote from delfincek. Although the setting for audio description is under "personal preferences" rather than "digital/audio" settings, it was turned on. After turning it off my problem solved!!! A funny thing on the side was we noticed the narration on certain shows which we thought were funny and couldn't understand why it was there.

Thanks everyone who helped me figure this out!
post #4925 of 4925 Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 PM

Glad it's working for you now

I want Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page