Forum Jump: 

post #4951 of 4963 Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by wth718 View Post
Has anyone had any success in screen mirroring their non-Sony phone/tablet to the W9? I just got a new Samsung tablet, and the 2 units see each other and attempt to connect, but fail every time. I'd love to be able to play Pandora from another room through the set, and this seems the best way. Amazing that they haven't been able to get this right yet, even with all the fw updates.
I have no problem with my nexus 7 have you tried swiping down the top right corner of tablet you get a shortcut menu with the screen cast icon to connect to your w9. Or go to settings device then display then cast screen then it should have wireless display and the w9 listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4952 of 4963 Old Yesterday, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD KOOL-AID View Post
I have no problem with my nexus 7 have you tried swiping down the top right corner of tablet you get a shortcut menu with the screen cast icon to connect to your w9. Or go to settings device then display then cast screen then it should have wireless display and the w9 listed.
Yep. I've gone through all the steps and it attempts to connect, but then doesn't. I was able to connect to a Samsung BD player at my girlfriend's house with not problem. I'm having the same issue with my HTC One, so it's not specific to my tablet.
post #4953 of 4963 Old Yesterday, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Question for you guys. Do you guys have your light sensor turned off on your W9? And if you do why? And what benifit does it provide by having it off? I have mine on to save energy but if it really dont make a difference then I will turn it off. Thanks guys.

post #4954 of 4963 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Yep. I've gone through all the steps and it attempts to connect, but then doesn't. I was able to connect to a Samsung BD player at my girlfriend's house with not problem. I'm having the same issue with my HTC One, so it's not specific to my tablet.
Try going into settings on you w9 network wi-Fi direct turn on then go into Wi-Fi direct settings press options then manual to register device. I think I had to do this before I could connect my nexus 7
post #4955 of 4963 Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1971 View Post
Question for you guys. Do you guys have your light sensor turned off on your W9? And if you do why? And what benifit does it provide by having it off? I have mine on to save energy but if it really dont make a difference then I will turn it off. Thanks guys.

I have it off. For me this way Sony provides much better contrast and it is much more suitable for day viewing. I tried it for some time with On and backclight at max but I found it much better if Light Sensor function is all together off all the time and backlight set manually to 6.

best, d.

Last edited by delfincek; Today at 01:33 AM.
post #4956 of 4963 Old Today, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfincek View Post
I have it off. For me this way Sony provides much better contrast and it is much more suitable for day viewing. I tried it for some time with On and backclight at max but I found it much better if Light Sensor function is all together off all the time and backlight set manually to 6.

best, d.
Thank's d. I am gonna give it a try and turn it off and see if I like the results.
post #4957 of 4963 Old Today, 07:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD KOOL-AID View Post
Try going into settings on you w9 network wi-Fi direct turn on then go into Wi-Fi direct settings press options then manual to register device. I think I had to do this before I could connect my nexus 7
Thanks. I have to play with it some more. I was able to stream music/video to it via DLNA, but the screen mirroring still wasn't working. Argg. It really shouldn't be this difficult.
post #4958 of 4963 Old Today, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I have mine off. That one change is what took me from disappointed in the set to very happy with it when compared to the HX850 it replaced.
steve1971 likes this.

Last edited by wth718; Today at 08:07 AM. Reason: Edited for stoopid typos.
post #4959 of 4963 Old Today, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
I have mine off. That one change is what took me from disappointed in set to very happy with it when compared to the HX850 is replaced.

I've had mine off from day one and have no reason to turn it on. The wife watches a lot of cable TV during the day and I watch daytime sports on the weekend. We get a lot of indirect sunlight in the den and the last thing I need is reduced contrast and brightness with the Eco setting on.
post #4960 of 4963 Old Today, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm View Post
I've had mine off from day one and have no reason to turn it on. The wife watches a lot of cable TV during the day and I watch daytime sports on the weekend. We get a lot of indirect sunlight in the den and the last thing I need is reduced contrast and brightness with the Eco setting on.
I have alot of sunlight in the room where W9 sits turnbowm. We watch some programs during the day and more at night. So should the light senor be turned off completely? Im on the fence here!
post #4961 of 4963 Old Today, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have alot of sunlight in the room where W9 sits turnbowm. We watch some programs during the day and more at night. So should the light senor be turned off completely? Im on the fence here!
I have a mine in a room with decent light control and I still can't imagine leaving it on. The difference was not subtle to me. All the pop and contrast that I love about the set was just not there with the light sensor on.
post #4962 of 4963 Old Today, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 14
post #4963 of 4963 Old Today, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUGEN View Post
What the hell? They must have had over stock or something because I thought all the W9's were gone. But good news for those looking for one of the best tv's made by Sony. That being said. I turned off the light sensor and what a difference in PQ! It was excellent before but now its even better. Thanks to everyone for telling me to turn it off.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page