Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 173 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #5161 of 5170 Old 01-30-2015, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
Finally got into the menu with the panel hours. So which number am I most interested in and how are they looking for this set?

The hours on your set are very low. Congrats!
mjpartyboy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5162 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if the w900a has a vivid picture setting when in game mode?
post #5163 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 04:21 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperatorBellus View Post
On my W905 I can only select Game-Standard or Game-Original when the Scene is set to Game.
post #5164 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Yes, it has. That picture option is available to be set off/low/middle/high when in game mode.
post #5165 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didee View Post
Yes, it has. That picture option is available to be set off/low/middle/high when in game mode.
Are you referring to the live color setting? Because I don't see no vivid settings on game mode.
post #5166 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 03:17 PM

Oops, sorry! Yes indeed I was thinking upon LiveColor, while you in fact referred to the Vivid Picture preset.

Anyway. Game mode does not have a "Vivid" preset per se. But then, there isn't that much special behind the vivid-preset. In scene mode General, there it is that in mode "Vivid" the "extended options" are not accessible, and instead some "hidden magic" is taken place. Oh well. If you select picture mode "Standard", go into extended options and select "Gamma=+1, ContrastEnhancer=Max/High, BlackCorrector=Max/High, LiveColor=Max/High", then you have 99% of the "Vivid" preset".

Accordingly, things are working for the "Game" scene select.
post #5167 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didee View Post
Oops, sorry! Yes indeed I was thinking upon LiveColor, while you in fact referred to the Vivid Picture preset.

Anyway. Game mode does not have a "Vivid" preset per se. But then, there isn't that much special behind the vivid-preset. In scene mode General, there it is that in mode "Vivid" the "extended options" are not accessible, and instead some "hidden magic" is taken place. Oh well. If you select picture mode "Standard", go into extended options and select "Gamma=+1, ContrastEnhancer=Max/High, BlackCorrector=Max/High, LiveColor=Max/High", then you have 99% of the "Vivid" preset".

Accordingly, things are working for the "Game" scene select.
Not true at all, I have a Sony W800B, was told the 2013 W800B model has a vivid picture setting in Scene Select game mode but I doubt it. I have tried everything, game mode looks worse on console games since on computer you can calibrate it in conjuction with nvidia picture settings. On General setting vivid, the picture is a lot more vibrant and the character models are more clear and sharp, textures have more detail, it is also the same for watching videos on General/Vivid vs calibrated game mode. The picture is brighter, models/textures are more detailed.

This is the only reason why I am not satisfied with Sony at all, I will be giving this W800b away to a family member or selling it. I will be buying the Vizio P 4k TV, on the P, all picture setting modes have low input lag, on Sony it is garbage, all scene select modes have 80-90ms input lag except game mode on the W900A is about 17-19ms and game mode on the W800B is 22-24ms.

I will be going with Vizio, their 4k set is superior to the Sony set since the P has been fixed by a firmware update plus it is 4k and can also do 120hz at 1080p, something Sony cannot do. It also has 17ms input lag on almost all picture settings whether game mode is on or not, it has a GLL (Gaming low latency) setting for most picture modes.
post #5168 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Not true at all, I have a Sony W800B, was told the 2013 W800B model has a vivid picture setting in Scene Select game mode but I doubt it.Not true at all, I have a Sony W800B, was told the 2013 W800B model has a vivid picture setting in Scene Select game mode but I doubt it.
Lots of yelling, what exactly are you saying?

In scene select "Game", there is no "vivid" mode. There are "Game -Standard", and "Game - Original", and that's it.
I said that in scene "General", you can make "Standard" look almost the same as "Vivid" by making some certain settings in the extended options. And so it is in the "Game" scene mode. There is no factory "Vivid" setting in Game mode, but if you MAX out everything in the extended options, then that pretty much is what you would get from a vivid setting in Game scene mode.

If that's not enough, get yourself a Jay-Tech TV. Those hardly don't cost more than 300 bucks, hooray.
post #5169 of 5170 Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

I have tried everything and I can't replicate what Vivid looks like on the General setting at all in game mode, especially on consoles and there is still a major difference with videos and PC gaming. I am finished with Sony, I like Gaming and I am not gonna stick with a TV that looks like I am looking through a tinted window constantly, Vizio has more calibration options for gaming, Sony does not.
post #5170 of 5170 Old Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
I have tried everything and I can't replicate what Vivid looks like on the General setting at all in game mode, especially on consoles and there is still a major difference with videos and PC gaming. I am finished with Sony, I like Gaming and I am not gonna stick with a TV that looks like I am looking through a tinted window constantly, Vizio has more calibration options for gaming, Sony does not.

Then go with Vizio if you think they have better calibration options. They may have better calibration options but they dont make a tv better then the W900A I can tell you that!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page