Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 177 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

post #5281 of 5285 Old 03-16-2015, 02:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by winb83 View Post
Anybody have any idea where I can get the "Guide Pins" for this TV for the stand. I can't find them on Sony's site. They help support the TV stand and screw into the back of the TV. The stand has spaces that they slide into. I don't have mine as I purchased a display model that apparently had them removed.
iirc the guide pins are mainly there to allow you to initially hook/hang/support the screen on the stand when you are assembling it. the 4 additional screws then secure the screen to the stand. the guide pins probably provide some additional structural support, but any similar screws would work (and dont need to be "sony" )

they just need to have the right thread diameter, length of thread, and the correct shape head.
steve1971 likes this.

Last edited by Jorgens; 03-16-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5282 of 5285 Old Today, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Anyone have any advice for me with this tv when it comes to using game mode with the ps4? Specifically, it darkens and washes out the picture a lot under game mode. Is there something I can change to fix that?
steve1971 likes this.
post #5283 of 5285 Old Today, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
Anyone have any advice for me with this tv when it comes to using game mode with the ps4? Specifically, it darkens and washes out the picture a lot under game mode. Is there something I can change to fix that?

Try adjusting your Game Mode settings. When my friend comes over with his PS3 and we game I leave the Game Mode settings as they are which how they were "out of the box" as they say.
post #5284 of 5285 Old Today, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 318
My wife and I watched the Hobbit last night and all I can say is jaw dropping!
post #5285 of 5285 Old Today, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
Perhaps the PS4's auto range option is sending a signal to the TV that looks like this with your settings. I think its auto mode defaults to sending a Limited signal, so perhaps try forcing it to Full and calibrate the TV around that. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread