Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 180 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5371 of 5377 Old Yesterday, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
If you look at the charts I posted, the JS series produces a smaller spectrum compared to the w900a. The original QD television is the w900a, and it is still king in this regard. On the downside, cadmium is extremely toxic.
hiya Ufo,

i am still learning the basics about calibration, so didnt want to comment on the spectral comparison until i know a bit more of the concepts involved.

in particular, since it is the backlight that determines the overall brightness with lcd screens, how is it possible the peak luminescence of that new JS 2015 samsung series is below a non-HDR QD panel from 2013 ? i suspect the peak hight therefore has some different meaning, yet since it represents a 6500K spectrum it would logically suggests it could be luminescence (and our w900a's are known to have a very vivid red, which would fit). the wideness of the RGB peaks has to do with purity of each color. so the cleaner the peaks the better (and the more precise each peak aligns with the individual R G B frequencies the better)

Last edited by Jorgens; Yesterday at 04:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5377 Old Yesterday, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 72
The cadmium is safely sealed inside the W9 correct? We're all not going to turn into the hulk in a few years, right? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5373 of 5377 Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
The cadmium is safely sealed inside the W9 correct? We're all not going to turn into the hulk in a few years, right? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First yes the cadmium is safely sealed inside the glass of the W9 and second I saw the Samsung JS series tv just the other day at my local BB and once again not impressed by 4K or the PQ of the tv. It could have been the way they had it set up I dont know but from what I saw I still would take my W9 over it anyday. Like 2014 sets I dont see any 2015 sets from any of the manufacturers replacing my W9. OLED and HDR look promising but for me its going to be a wait and see thing.
post #5374 of 5377 Old Today, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I wanted a 1080p set and was very discouraged by the offerings this year. Not ready to make the OLED plunge. So I emailed my local AV shop regarding the Sony 950B 55". He replied that he had none left BUT he did have a 55" 900A new in the box that was ordered for a customer but never picked up (who subsequently bought a 4K set). I IMMEDIATELY let him know I would take it! And the price was incredible.

Sooo my new 55" 900A is being delivered this Saturday. I cannot wait!!!!!! Soooo excited!!!!!!!
steve1971 likes this.
post #5375 of 5377 Old Today, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaturno View Post
I wanted a 1080p set and was very discouraged by the offerings this year. Not ready to make the OLED plunge. So I emailed my local AV shop regarding the Sony 950B 55". He replied that he had none left BUT he did have a 55" 900A new in the box that was ordered for a customer but never picked up (who subsequently bought a 4K set). I IMMEDIATELY let him know I would take it! And the price was incredible.

Sooo my new 55" 900A is being delivered this Saturday. I cannot wait!!!!!! Soooo excited!!!!!!!

Congrats. You just landed what is still considered to be one of the best HDTV's ever made by Sony and you got a new one at that.
post #5376 of 5377 Old Today, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Damn I like scrolling through the 4K threads and seeing people complaining about clouding, banding, flashlighting ect. Did they really think that 4K tv's were not going to have those issues? Theres more to a tv then pixels but some of the 4K fan boys have yet to figure that out. My good o'l W900A is just a 1080p tv that dont suffer from any of those faults and has PQ that can match any 4K tv out there. Pretty darn nice when you hear on some internet sites that the W9 can even match OLED tv's. Thats pretty high praise for a 2013/2014 tv.
post #5377 of 5377 Old Today, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaturno View Post

Ive been trying to hunt another w900a for months now and yet one just falls from the sky for you. Enjoy it, as there will never be another television like the w900a ever again.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page