Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 180 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5371 of 5373 Old Today, 12:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post
If you look at the charts I posted, the JS series produces a smaller spectrum compared to the w900a. The original QD television is the w900a, and it is still king in this regard. On the downside, cadmium is extremely toxic.
hiya Ufo,

i am still learning the basics about calibration, so didnt want to comment on the spectral comparison until i know a bit more of the concepts involved.

in particular, since it is the backlight that determines the overall brightness with lcd screens, how is it possible the peak luminescence of that new JS 2015 samsung series is below a non-HDR QD panel from 2013 ? i suspect the peak hight therefore has some different meaning, yet since it represents a 6500K spectrum it would logically suggests it could be luminescence (and our w900a's are known to have a very vivid red, which would fit). the wideness of the RGB peaks has to do with purity of each color. so the cleaner the peaks the better (and the more precise each peak aligns with the individual R G B frequencies the better)

Last edited by Jorgens; Today at 04:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5372 of 5373 Old Today, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 72
The cadmium is safely sealed inside the W9 correct? We're all not going to turn into the hulk in a few years, right? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5373 of 5373 Old Today, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
The cadmium is safely sealed inside the W9 correct? We're all not going to turn into the hulk in a few years, right? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First yes the cadmium is safely sealed inside the glass of the W9 and second I saw the Samsung JS series tv just the other day at my local BB and once again not impressed by 4K or the PQ of the tv. It could have been the way they had it set up I dont know but from what I saw I still would take my W9 over it anyday. Like 2014 sets I dont see any 2015 sets from any of the manufacturers replacing my W9. OLED and HDR look promising but for me its going to be a wait and see thing.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread