Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #5431 of 5433 Old 07-30-2015, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgens View Post
it will take a few more months before more extensive in depth reviews become available for the high end models from the 4 big brands, only then will it be possible to make an informed choice

from everything i have read/seen so far, the cadmium based quantum dot technology used in the high end sony panels (HD and UHD in 2013 ) has not been equaled or surpassed for quality in color reproduction. there have however been significant improvement in the brightness levels and contrast, but since almost no video source material (bluray or OTA) uses it, its benefit is mostly on paper as a future potential.

unless you have some great urgency to immediately buy something, take your time to make an informed choice once you have done your background reading and comparisons. the hunt is always more fun then the kill with AV gadgets, and most of us then have to live for many years with the final choice you make (and with our kdl-w900a's we landed pretty sweetly)

Great reply Jorgens. +++1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5433 Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Jorgens you are correct. It seems I only scratched the anti-glare coating. The scratch is visible mostly when it's off and I hardly notice it while the TV is on. The PQ still looks fantastic. I won't require any therapy to cope w/ the scratch. [emoji16] Hands down this is my favorite TV I've owned. Not going to upgrade until Sony make a 4K equivalent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
steve1971 likes this.
post #5433 of 5433 Old Today, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Jorgens you are correct. It seems I only scratched the anti-glare coating. The scratch is visible mostly when it's off and I hardly notice it while the TV is on. The PQ still looks fantastic. I won't require any therapy to cope w/ the scratch. [emoji16] Hands down this is my favorite TV I've owned. Not going to upgrade until Sony make a 4K equivalent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helvetica, if Sony havent made a 4K equivalent to the W9 yet they arent going to and besides I think thats what the XBR X900A was......a 4K W900A except the W9 still scored better then the X900A!!! That being said. My wife and I watched the movie "Lucy" last night and OMG this movie looked stunning on the W9. If you havent watched it yet on your W9 trust me you are going to want to buddy. The movie itself was ok, my wife liked it, but what pulled me in was the PQ and black levels. Stunning on the W9 is all I will say.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread