Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 190 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 277Likes

post #5671 of 5674 Old 07-20-2016, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Sony has a new line ultra 4K TV coming out later this year! I guess the 940D isn't the flagship.

Looks impressive, still no mention of Dolby Vision tho.
http://www.sony.com/electronics/tele...xbr-z9d-series
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5674 Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post
Sony has a new line ultra 4K TV coming out later this year! I guess the 940D isn't the flagship.

Impressive indeed but for the price they can keep it. And again Dolby Vision looks like its being left out. No thanks I'll pass.
post #5673 of 5674 Old Yesterday, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by helvetica bold View Post

The trickle down implications are quite promising IMHO. I suspected that LCD would continue to evolve when everyone not named LG abandoned large screen OLED. I'm going to wait for 2017 or 18 for a more affordable upgrade. I would like a minimum of 75".
steve1971 likes this.
post #5674 of 5674 Old Today, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
The trickle down implications are quite promising IMHO. I suspected that LCD would continue to evolve when everyone not named LG abandoned large screen OLED. I'm going to wait for 2017 or 18 for a more affordable upgrade. I would like a minimum of 75".
I'm looking at 2 years tops before I even think of replacing my W900A. Back in May of 2014 I paid a little over 2 grand for my tv and I dont have the kind of money right now to pay what Sony is asking for the Z9. But it is a nice tv for sure with all the bells and whistles you could ask for. But like I said I am gonna wait for at least 2 years to see where the tech is at and then I will make the jump but to be honest by then I hopefully will be in my own home and the wife and I will go projection or get a 65 or 75 inch tv because anything smaller is a waste for 4K viewing IMHO. Right now I'm happy where I am at audio and video wise And if I do make any changes it will be Dolby Atmos.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread