Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 191 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 293Likes

Old Today, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Well with this announcement "[BNHK says it will begin regular 8K transmissions in 2018, and Sony is planning to have 8K TVs on the market in time for the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo][/B]" look's me buying a 4K tv has gone right out the window! My W9 can and will hold out until 2018 that I'm sure of and a new 8K set from Sony will be it's replacement. An article was posted about this by Scott Wilkinson and he has his doubts about all of this but it has been confirmed by Sony and Panasonic that this is indeed their plans moving forward. I knew it was coming which is why I held off buying a 4K set and I knew there was a reason why the last Sony tech I talked to said that big things were coming from Sony in the very near future and maybe I should just hold off buying a new tv. It left me scratching my head at first why he would say this to me but again now I know why. I know the 8K sets wont be cheap at first like the 1080 sets and some of the current 4K sets but prices will drop I'm sure but come 2018 price wont be an issue for me or my wife and thats all I will say on that personal matter. But I will ride with my W9 until the 8K sets come rolling in, I can can live with that no problem. Boy are some of the 4K boys upset thats for sure! They are saying why 8K? Well from the beginning I said why 4K? They say 8K isnt needed well neither was 4K. I said 8K was coming and Sony, Panasonic and NHK just confirmed it is and honestly I'm excited as hell about it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread