Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 192 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 312Likes

post #5731 of 5734 Old Today, 10:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
scei159 and steve1971
Thank very much! i will try them....
Sharpness is 10? It´s a mistake? The minimum setting for sharpness is 30-35 for me (below this value i see blurry). Anyway i prefer default setting (50)
Another thing...good settings for Ps4? I have the Original Game Mode but I think it could be better
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5732 of 5734 Old Today, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by scei159 View Post
This is setting from soundandvision:

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...IeUpvsIpyYV.97

Saludos .
I tried these settings on my Sony KDL-55W905A and i need to be extremely critical as these are the worst settings I ever set on my TV. White background is like yellow. Like you enter in smoker's room and you have that yellow colour on the wall from the nicotine. This is due to Warm 2 setting is applied.
Picture is extremely blurry on HTPC. I can not read text at all. This is due to the sharpness level set to low.
Backlight is set too low too. You can have problem with watching in normal light conditions.

I set my TV already about 2 years ago and I use these setting for my HTPC and TV mode. They are a tiny bit different. You can find them here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8...VSWVVDWjg/view

For calibration I used no special advanced calibration equipment. But rather some common sense and test picture also Didee provided. Besides that I also recommend Nokia Test, Lagom online LCD test (http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php) and AVSHD tests MP4-2c. Another practical thing is also to make a photo with a decent camera of some place you know very well. Nature outide your house. Inside your living room and compare that with reality on the spot.

With kind regards,
D.
post #5733 of 5734 Old Today, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 273
I use warm1 for PC HDMI input and warm2 for everything else.

I am a former ISF calibrator and many don't like a properly calibrated picture because they are used to watching cooler color temps their whole lives. I stopped trying to make people like accuracy. Its ok for us all to have different preferences.
post #5734 of 5734 Old Today, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 180
One odd thing I noticed about the Sound and Vision settings (besides the sharpness) is the Gamma. They have it set at 0 or +1.

This is from the review from hdtv.uk

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl55...1403103661.htm

"Sony continue to fly the 2.4 gamma flag high, and we absolutely respect them for it. After all, the International Communications Union (ITU) has since 2011 recommended 2.4 as the EOTF (electro-optical transfer function) for flat-screen HDTVs used for dark-room studio mastering.
With [Gamma] left untouched at its default value of “-2” in [Cinema 1] mode, average gamma tracked very closely to 2.4 in a linear fashion, which will provide a punchy image with a realistic and smooth transition from darker to brighter areas on screen."

I've had my gamma set to -2 since the day I bought my W9.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page