Official Sony KDL-55W900A Owners Thread - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 4862 Old 08-04-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UFO, I have mine 1 month. I did a firm update1 time but never saw the SONY logo in my screen. Any idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 4862 Old 08-04-2013, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Greetings all....long read in-coming! smile.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say hello as a new owner of this set. I previously had the Sony XBR-929 55" as my main living room T.V. but my fiancée wanted something bigger, so we decided to go with the 70" Sony KDL700A. While it looked impressive and of course the sheer size of the unit was massive, we were taken back a bit at the overall quality, especially when looking at txt (we have a gaming PC connected to it). While we never used the 3d Functions of the 929, we were impressed with the Passive 3d of the 700A, but something was still not sitting well for us. We also use it for gaming on the PS3/Xbox 360 and while it did look good, it was just not as crisp as the 929. The 929 when it came out was and still is a top of the line T.V. and the 700a, with it's massive size, just could not keep up with the Image quality of the 929...we kind of knew this going it, but really could not know until we got it home.

We contemplated getting the 65" XBR 4K set, but just could not commit to it because of the lack of 4k at 60fps and uncertain of what Sony's plans are for the early adopter and upgrading to HDMI 2.0. So we were kind of in a pickle on what to do. We looked high and low for a XBR-65" 850, which was the 2012 version of the 929, but could not find at any local store and was not too comfortable ordering from some of the on-line places that we never heard of. Crutchfield did have it, but they wanted 5k for it while the other places had it for $3800.00..

We know we wanted to keep the 929 upstairs in our other viewing room, so we started to look into the 55" 900. While it would be the same size as the 929, I have heard nothing but good things about it. While our goal was to go bigger (in size), we also wanted excellent image quality. As we went back and forth on what to do, we knew taking the 700a back to Costco was first on the list. Our options were to move the 929 back to the living room and just wait it out, keep looking for a good price on a 65" 850 (which would not happen since it was discontinued) or go for the 900 and let that hold us over until newer 4k unit's show up.

In the end, we decided to go with the 55" 900. We got lucky and a Best Buy 30 min away had one in-stock. These sets are usually not stocked in the Stores, but when I called they first said "NO, we don't have those in the Store". I told the clerk that it says "Available" on-line, then he shot back with a "hmmm, let me go look". He came back in a few min. and said he did have it. Since it was odd that they had one, I did make sure to have him check if it was a return and previously opened. He said it was brand new and likely someone ordered it and it was shipped to them and the person cancelled. Since all the BB in my area are non-Magnolia, they did not have a display, so all I had was user impressions from here and a few reviews.

We took the drive down and had them pull it out so I could inspect the box to ensure it was not opened and it looked new other than evidence a packing slip was attached to it at one time. We purchased it and took it home. The entire drive home, I was having a little buyers remorse. We had taken the 70" back to Costco and looked at what other sets they had. Although we only had the 70" for about 4 days, we got use to the size and Costco had a Samsung 55" next to a 60" on the left and 70" on the right and it looked just TINY. I was worried that now that I had a 70" in the house, would a 55" be too small now? Our 929 we had for over 2 years or so and it seemed like the perfect size. We sit about 7' away from the TV and when we had the 70" we put it as close to the wall which gave us a good 8' viewing distance and it seemed massive, but impressive still. But image quality was always the most important to both of us.

We get home and me and the fiancée move the TV stand about 4" away from the wall since we had moved it back against the wall for the 70" to create some more room between the seating and the front of the 70". We open the box and start the unpacking. I put the stand together quickly and the first thing we both said "damn it is tiny". Again, referring to the massive 70" we just had. First thing I notice and so does the fiancée is that it's overall dimensions is smaller than the 929 due to the 900 being more like a computer monitor and having a small profile around the actual screen. Of course, we both say it again "it is tiny". We connect the stand and place it on the TV stand. Of course being anal retentive, I use a tape measure to ensure that the screen is 100% straight in that it is an equal distance on each side of the tv stand and that it is the same distance on the left and right side from the wall. Then I have to check that it is 100% dead center and lined up with my center speaker that I have on a shelf above it. Once the anal retentiveness is over with the gleaming look the fiancée is giving me because I am making sure it is perfect, we connect the power, HDMI and wired internet.

We have a Harmony controller and lucky enough, Sony uses the same access codes for the receiver in almost every unit, so no reprogramming of the Harmony is needed. Upon power up, it detects the new firmware and we update. Once that is done, we go through all the initial set up and I notice a lot of options I did not know this set had and still need to read up on them. Once we get it all configured it is time to mess with settings. After tinkering for a while, we both are impressed with the image quality of our Comcast HD feed, but of course Blu Ray is the better test and in particular we are curious about 3D since this set came with 4 sets of glasses. I try to explain to my fiancée that these are a little heavier since they are adaptive 3d, not passive like the 70". We both really liked the 70" passive 3d, but both, especially me were able to detect the lines within some images due to how passive handles 3d. We decide to use Avatar since we had just watched it a few days earlier in 3d on the 70".

WOW is what we both said. I know passive is cheaper and glasses are light in weight, but adaptive looks so much better that passive. No lines, just pure 3d image and impressive. When some txt is on the screen from sub-titles there is a little ghosting of the image, but it was so much cleaner than the 70". We skip around different scenes and then pop in Avengers. Again, we both are impressed. It is dinner time, so decide to watch Disc 1 of the Hobbit and just falling in love with the image quality and the 3d effect.

Gaming on PS3, 360 and PC was up next and yeah, I am blown away. I always thought my 929 was the best IQ I had seen for gaming, blu ray etc, but this was just blowing me away. Input lag is really low and I can tell. In some of my racing games, I was able to get my best lap times in 5 out of 6 different tracks after one try. This is a game that I have played for over a year and in the 1 hour I played I was getting my best lap times. The 929 also has low input lag, but I guess it is no match for the 900. With the PC it is even better since our gaming rig has 2 GTX Titan's, so power is in surplus and we use every option on max to get the best image quality out of the games and on the 900 it really shines. Games like Witcher 2 never looked so good. Grid 2, Skyrim, Sonic Generations (very colorful) all just pop on the screen. I am just really impressed with how good gaming looks on this set.

I am still doing some tweaking of the settings, but in the short time I have had it, I am shocked at how nice this set is. My only wish is that they made a 65" version. That would be the icing on the cake for us. But even though we had to stick with the same size as our previous set, our biggest goal was to have great image quality and the 900 delivers that in spades.

-Hawkmoon
post #993 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

Greetings all....long read in-coming! smile.gif

Just wanted to pop in and say hello as a new owner of this set. I previously had the Sony XBR-929 55" as my main living room T.V. but my fiancée wanted something bigger, so we decided to go with the 70" Sony KDL700A. While it looked impressive and of course the sheer size of the unit was massive, we were taken back a bit at the overall quality, especially when looking at txt (we have a gaming PC connected to it). While we never used the 3d Functions of the 929, we were impressed with the Passive 3d of the 700A, but something was still not sitting well for us. We also use it for gaming on the PS3/Xbox 360 and while it did look good, it was just not as crisp as the 929. The 929 when it came out was and still is a top of the line T.V. and the 700a, with it's massive size, just could not keep up with the Image quality of the 929...we kind of knew this going it, but really could not know until we got it home.

We contemplated getting the 65" XBR 4K set, but just could not commit to it because of the lack of 4k at 60fps and uncertain of what Sony's plans are for the early adopter and upgrading to HDMI 2.0. So we were kind of in a pickle on what to do. We looked high and low for a XBR-65" 850, which was the 2012 version of the 929, but could not find at any local store and was not too comfortable ordering from some of the on-line places that we never heard of. Crutchfield did have it, but they wanted 5k for it while the other places had it for $3800.00..

We know we wanted to keep the 929 upstairs in our other viewing room, so we started to look into the 55" 900. While it would be the same size as the 929, I have heard nothing but good things about it. While our goal was to go bigger (in size), we also wanted excellent image quality. As we went back and forth on what to do, we knew taking the 700a back to Costco was first on the list. Our options were to move the 929 back to the living room and just wait it out, keep looking for a good price on a 65" 850 (which would not happen since it was discontinued) or go for the 900 and let that hold us over until newer 4k unit's show up.

In the end, we decided to go with the 55" 900. We got lucky and a Best Buy 30 min away had one in-stock. These sets are usually not stocked in the Stores, but when I called they first said "NO, we don't have those in the Store". I told the clerk that it says "Available" on-line, then he shot back with a "hmmm, let me go look". He came back in a few min. and said he did have it. Since it was odd that they had one, I did make sure to have him check if it was a return and previously opened. He said it was brand new and likely someone ordered it and it was shipped to them and the person cancelled. Since all the BB in my area are non-Magnolia, they did not have a display, so all I had was user impressions from here and a few reviews.

We took the drive down and had them pull it out so I could inspect the box to ensure it was not opened and it looked new other than evidence a packing slip was attached to it at one time. We purchased it and took it home. The entire drive home, I was having a little buyers remorse. We had taken the 70" back to Costco and looked at what other sets they had. Although we only had the 70" for about 4 days, we got use to the size and Costco had a Samsung 55" next to a 60" on the left and 70" on the right and it looked just TINY. I was worried that now that I had a 70" in the house, would a 55" be too small now? Our 929 we had for over 2 years or so and it seemed like the perfect size. We sit about 7' away from the TV and when we had the 70" we put it as close to the wall which gave us a good 8' viewing distance and it seemed massive, but impressive still. But image quality was always the most important to both of us.

We get home and me and the fiancée move the TV stand about 4" away from the wall since we had moved it back against the wall for the 70" to create some more room between the seating and the front of the 70". We open the box and start the unpacking. I put the stand together quickly and the first thing we both said "damn it is tiny". Again, referring to the massive 70" we just had. First thing I notice and so does the fiancée is that it's overall dimensions is smaller than the 929 due to the 900 being more like a computer monitor and having a small profile around the actual screen. Of course, we both say it again "it is tiny". We connect the stand and place it on the TV stand. Of course being anal retentive, I use a tape measure to ensure that the screen is 100% straight in that it is an equal distance on each side of the tv stand and that it is the same distance on the left and right side from the wall. Then I have to check that it is 100% dead center and lined up with my center speaker that I have on a shelf above it. Once the anal retentiveness is over with the gleaming look the fiancée is giving me because I am making sure it is perfect, we connect the power, HDMI and wired internet.

We have a Harmony controller and lucky enough, Sony uses the same access codes for the receiver in almost every unit, so no reprogramming of the Harmony is needed. Upon power up, it detects the new firmware and we update. Once that is done, we go through all the initial set up and I notice a lot of options I did not know this set had and still need to read up on them. Once we get it all configured it is time to mess with settings. After tinkering for a while, we both are impressed with the image quality of our Comcast HD feed, but of course Blu Ray is the better test and in particular we are curious about 3D since this set came with 4 sets of glasses. I try to explain to my fiancée that these are a little heavier since they are adaptive 3d, not passive like the 70". We both really liked the 70" passive 3d, but both, especially me were able to detect the lines within some images due to how passive handles 3d. We decide to use Avatar since we had just watched it a few days earlier in 3d on the 70".

WOW is what we both said. I know passive is cheaper and glasses are light in weight, but adaptive looks so much better that passive. No lines, just pure 3d image and impressive. When some txt is on the screen from sub-titles there is a little ghosting of the image, but it was so much cleaner than the 70". We skip around different scenes and then pop in Avengers. Again, we both are impressed. It is dinner time, so decide to watch Disc 1 of the Hobbit and just falling in love with the image quality and the 3d effect.

Gaming on PS3, 360 and PC was up next and yeah, I am blown away. I always thought my 929 was the best IQ I had seen for gaming, blu ray etc, but this was just blowing me away. Input lag is really low and I can tell. In some of my racing games, I was able to get my best lap times in 5 out of 6 different tracks after one try. This is a game that I have played for over a year and in the 1 hour I played I was getting my best lap times. The 929 also has low input lag, but I guess it is no match for the 900. With the PC it is even better since our gaming rig has 2 GTX Titan's, so power is in surplus and we use every option on max to get the best image quality out of the games and on the 900 it really shines. Games like Witcher 2 never looked so good. Grid 2, Skyrim, Sonic Generations (very colorful) all just pop on the screen. I am just really impressed with how good gaming looks on this set.

I am still doing some tweaking of the settings, but in the short time I have had it, I am shocked at how nice this set is. My only wish is that they made a 65" version. That would be the icing on the cake for us. But even though we had to stick with the same size as our previous set, our biggest goal was to have great image quality and the 900 delivers that in spades.

Your response to the w900a vs the HX929 was the same as mine vs the HX950. The w900a just has so much more pop to it. As far as input lag, you just made a big upgrade. Your HX950 has 42ms of input lag in game mode, while the w900a has just 19.1ms of input lag. Dont forget to turn off the eco sensor or your image will be dim, and for gaming or pc use the setting "detail enhancer" really sharpens things up without causing artifacts. Congrats on your new set!
post #994 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
UFO

Do you use graphics mode or game mode for gaming as I have seen in your lag tester results that graphics mode appears to be slightly faster?

Also do you know if reality creation adds to lag?

Panasonic ZT65
Onkyo HT-R390
Popcorn hour A-400
SKY HD
Xbox One
Xbox 360
IPAD Air 32GB
Samsung Galaxy S4
Virgin Broadband 120MB
post #995 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 AM

Liked: 17
So to you guys that have the set, what's best for cleaning the screen?

Just a big Microfiber cloth?
Ciders likes this.
post #996 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

UFO

Do you use graphics mode or game mode for gaming as I have seen in your lag tester results that graphics mode appears to be slightly faster?

Also do you know if reality creation adds to lag?

I use graphics mode now but I doubt you could notice the difference between 17ms and 19ms. Reality creation does not add any input lag. In fact the only thing that adds lag is the motion flow setting to "impulse", but even that just adds 1ms. I dont know how other settings dont add any input lag, but they dont. Im not complaining though biggrin.gif
jasjw likes this.
post #997 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Does anyone else see a SONY logo when the W905 is starting?
post #998 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UFO* View Post

Your response to the w900a vs the HX929 was the same as mine vs the HX950. The w900a just has so much more pop to it. As far as input lag, you just made a big upgrade. Your HX950 has 42ms of input lag in game mode, while the w900a has just 19.1ms of input lag. Dont forget to turn off the eco sensor or your image will be dim, and for gaming or pc use the setting "detail enhancer" really sharpens things up without causing artifacts. Congrats on your new set!

The XBR-55" 929 is an absolute great T.V., but the 900A just pops. I guess for me the way to describe it for gaming/pc use is that it is like a high end monitor. It is very clean. Damn do I wish they made it in a 65" version though. Having the 55" 929, then having the 70" for a few days and then back to a 55" is just weird. I thought "Detail Enhancer" increases input lag??? I did not know that it had no effect. Anyway for your to list which picture enhancements would increase input lag or those that have no effect on input lag? I just always thought that the more you have the screen doing, the more lag you would have

The whole size thing was still bugging me a bit last night when I tried to go to sleep...I was getting close to "trying" one of those on-line places and getting a 65" HX950, but if what you are saying the image quality it better on the 900a than even the HX950, then there is no questions that I made the right choice with the 900a.

-Hawkmoon
post #999 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwallace56 View Post

THERE IS NO CLOUDING ON MY W900a!
I have run custom settings, standard settings, and everything turned off. Clear Panel
I've returned a few TV's due to clouding, not this one.
Watching Star Trek last night, nothing! I run Media Center with a Centon Tuner.
With a Black PC screen, just black, inky black in a softly lit room. I am slightly suspicious that my PQ might be off
ever so slightly due to the Centon Tuner.... more on that later

When in a totally dark room, sure blacks are dark grey, just like in a movie theater!
This is not Plasma (thank god!!!). For me, Plasma has no "POP". I strain my eyes to watch it.
And my hearing is somewhat shot, but I can hear a Plasma.

I was considering a plasma but I I have some concerns And I have some questions about what you wrote above. What do you mean that you can hear a plasma? Are you talking about buzzing or fans and if so when can you hear Either or both. What do you mean about your eyes being strained? Is there some kind of flicker involved? Is the screen not bright enough? When I looked at plasmas at Best Buy, I felt like I was looking at a CRT. Looking at a CRT for a long time is fatiguing versus looking at a matte or semi matte screen? Are those the kind of problems that were causing fatigue for you? Regarding your comment about movie theaters, those screens definitely are matte and do not look like they have glass on top like plasmas. Regarding movie theaters, I was unaware that blacks displayed as dark gray. Do you think plasmas artificially create dark black colors.
post #1000 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post

The XBR-55" 929 is an absolute great T.V., but the 900A just pops. I guess for me the way to describe it for gaming/pc use is that it is like a high end monitor. It is very clean. Damn do I wish they made it in a 65" version though. Having the 55" 929, then having the 70" for a few days and then back to a 55" is just weird. I thought "Detail Enhancer" increases input lag??? I did not know that it had no effect. Anyway for your to list which picture enhancements would increase input lag or those that have no effect on input lag? I just always thought that the more you have the screen doing, the more lag you would have

The whole size thing was still bugging me a bit last night when I tried to go to sleep...I was getting close to "trying" one of those on-line places and getting a 65" HX950, but if what you are saying the image quality it better on the 900a than even the HX950, then there is no questions that I made the right choice with the 900a.

I purchased the HX 929 several years ago and returned it. I found the gorilla glass was just too much in terms of Glare and eye strain. I'm wondering if you could compare the w900 a and HX 929 in terms of Glare, reflections and eyestrain.
post #1001 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbarg View Post

I purchased the HX 929 several years ago and returned it. I found the gorilla glass was just too much in terms of Glare and eye strain. I'm wondering if you could compare the w900 a and HX 929 in terms of Glare, reflections and eyestrain.

There is still glare because it has a glossy screen, but because it is not Gorilla Glass, it is not as reflective as the 929. While normal watching, I don't notice much glare at all, while the 929 obviously did have much more glare due to the glass front screen. Reflection is better on the 900a vs. the 929 as well. I have my light source that is behind the set, so I don't get direct light glare on the screen. I have only had the screen for 2 days (today being the 2nd day) and really no eye strain on the set.

-Hawkmoon
post #1002 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Dont forget to turn off the eco sensor or your image will be dim
Does disabling the eco sensor brighten up impulse mode? Impulse looked dim as you mentioned, so I had about given up. Also a little bothered by this "double ghosting" being mentioned, but it doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

btw you are one of the few sources I can find on this set, so appreciate your posts.
post #1003 of 4862 Old 08-05-2013, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borf View Post

Does disabling the eco sensor brighten up impulse mode? Impulse looked dim as you mentioned, so I had about given up. Also a little bothered by this "double ghosting" being mentioned, but it doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

btw you are one of the few sources I can find on this set, so appreciate your posts.

Yes the eco sensor greatly dims all picture modes. No need to have it on either since it really doesn't save power. I hooked up a watt meter to the tv and changed the backlight settings. The wattage ranged from 150-170 watts.
post #1004 of 4862 Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by borf View Post

Yes the eco sensor greatly dims all picture modes. No need to have it on either since it really doesn't save power. I hooked up a watt meter to the tv and changed the backlight settings. The wattage ranged from 150-170 watts.

UFO if the eco sensor doesn't save power then why would Sony have it on the tv? I cant figure out why companies put features on their TV's if they aint needed.
post #1005 of 4862 Old 08-06-2013, 08:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:

When did you test it though?

The sensor changes the backlight according to the light in the room, so the best test is to turn it off and measure the watts at your preferred setting ie backlight 5. Then turn the sensor on with your preferred backlight setting ie 8 and measure the watts used throughout the day to see how the energy consumption changes as the light in the room changes.
post #1006 of 4862 Old 08-06-2013, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRd2BeAr View Post

When did you test it though?

The sensor changes the backlight according to the light in the room, so the best test is to turn it off and measure the watts at your preferred setting ie backlight 5. Then turn the sensor on with your preferred backlight setting ie 8 and measure the watts used throughout the day to see how the energy consumption changes as the light in the room changes.

It varies from 150-170 watts.
post #1007 of 4862 Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 PM

Hows the screen uniformity on this model? Any one experiencing heavy clouds without the Dynamic LED on? Looking to get this model soon.
post #1008 of 4862 Old 08-07-2013, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick22587 View Post

Hows the screen uniformity on this model? Any one experiencing heavy clouds without the Dynamic LED on? Looking to get this model soon.

Mine is perfect. On a black screen it is completely uniform.
post #1009 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:

Mine is perfect. On a black screen it is completely uniform.

Mine, too. I'd never experienced that on an LCD set right out of the box. That's why my HX850 had to go back.
post #1010 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 08:19 AM

WTH and UFO thanks for your feedback.
post #1011 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 08:45 AM

Liked: 13
Anyone care to share their settings?
I have dish and bluray as my sources in my family room that has fair amount of light coming in.
post #1012 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 213
I used this as a starting point. In a room with some light, you might want to also try Cinema 2 instead of 1--it ups the brightness across the board, even with the same backlight settings. Also make sure to turn off the Light sensor in the Eco menu--I didn't notice this initially and was very disappointed with the pq compared to the HX850 I replaced under warranty.
post #1013 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 09:02 PM

Liked: 12
I'm still loving my 55in W900. Best tv I've EVER had. No soap opera effect or anything.

I do have a technical question. From time to time while watching Directv I see what's like star sparkles randomly on the screen. The appear in no specific pattern and by the time I see one in the corner of my eye and go to focus on it the white sparkle/light or whatever is gone. That's the movie and not the tv correct?

I haven't noticed it with video games and it doesn't seem to do it when I pause live tv or a movie.

I haven't experimented too much with DVDs so don't know that one for sure.

If it was some sort of static or noise I'd even see it when the picture is paused correct?
post #1014 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 09:19 PM

I'm thinking it's signal based (directv's end) but not sure. My directv equipment and signal strength are all good but who knows.
post #1015 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 50
So I finally set up my bias lighting from CinemaQuest. It's a little more expensive than what you will find on Amazon but I must say it's a quality product. Alan (owner) will personally email you regarding your order and he even includes and extra bulb.
post #1016 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 11:03 PM

Ok. So I notice more on some movies than others. Does that help with any sort of diagnosis? I'm watching The Patriot right now which was recorded on Directv on EncoreHD. I wonder If It's just an issue with this specific move and channel....
post #1017 of 4862 Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel1400 View Post

Ok. So I notice more on some movies than others. Does that help with any sort of diagnosis? I'm watching The Patriot right now which was recorded on Directv on EncoreHD. I wonder If It's just an issue with this specific move and channel....

This sounds like an HDMI cable problem. Here is a pic that shows HDMI sparkles. This is an extreme case and it can be very mild to the point where it only happens every once in a while and not all over the screen. http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/04/24/Sparkles_Bad.jpg What cable are you using and what length is it?
post #1018 of 4862 Old 08-09-2013, 05:48 AM

@cwallece95, can you post a photo of your w905 with 100% white font in the tv? Just to see if their are no pillar to yours.
post #1019 of 4862 Old 08-09-2013, 05:51 AM

Has anyone tried driving this TV with a 120hz input? Or seen any tests on this elsewhere?
post #1020 of 4862 Old 08-09-2013, 10:54 AM

Quote:

This sounds like an HDMI cable problem. Here is a pic that shows HDMI sparkles. This is an extreme case and it can be very mild to the point where it only happens every once in a while and not all over the screen. http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2011/04/24/Sparkles_Bad.jpg What cable are you using and what length is it?

Ufo, It doesn't look like that in the picture. Im using an Audioquest Chocolate hdmi. I think its 4ft. Its almost like the choppy stuff you'd see with older movies. I need to test with blu ray.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850 , Sony Xbr 55hx950 Bravia Led Hdtv , Sony Kdl 55w900a 55 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page