Need instructions on how to disable CE Dimming on Samsung UN32ES6500 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just set up a new UN32ES6500 for my Dad this weekend, but found it was defective, as the picture got WAY too dim on dark scenes. Called warranty support and was told that was a feature, not a bug. So, did some searching online and found people saying in various places that this is called "CE Dimming" and can be disabled in the service menu. Spent about 2 hours so far on Google trying to find instructions on how to do this, to no avail. VERY frustrated right now.

Can someone please post the instructions, or, at least, send me a PM with instructions?

Thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendell View Post

Just set up a new UN32ES6500 for my Dad this weekend, but found it was defective, as the picture got WAY too dim on dark scenes. Called warranty support and was told that was a feature, not a bug. So, did some searching online and found people saying in various places that this is called "CE Dimming" and can be disabled in the service menu. Spent about 2 hours so far on Google trying to find instructions on how to do this, to no avail. VERY frustrated right now.

Can someone please post the instructions, or, at least, send me a PM with instructions?

Thanks very much!

try Movie mode and see if that disables the auto-dimming in dark scenes (it might still dim on all-black scenes though)

BTW, you can't turn CE dimming off on recent Samsungs (such as D series and E series) in the SM... there is no longer any such setting in the SM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If I were you I would return it and get something else. I have tried Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, and LG in my search for a good 55 inch TV. Samsung is the worst piece of junk.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
click on my signature link

Panasonic TX-P42GT50E, Oppo 103, Schiit Vali, Denon AHD2000 + Moon Audio Blue Dragon V3, Phonak Audeo 121, Vsonic GR07, Fiio E17, Cowon S9, XLO cables :: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast,Chromapure Standard, i1D3, i1Display 2, TED's Calibration Blu Ray Disc v1.0 & v1.1
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Thanks very much for the info prsut, I will give that a try next time I see my Dad.

Didn't realize there was no service menu option for the ES series sets!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page