Vertical banding and backlight bleeding - AVS Forum
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Vertical banding and backlight bleeding
Hanna's Avatar Hanna 12:34 PM 02-20-2013
Hi, I bought a Samsung LDC, 40es6100, that I had to return due to massive vertical banding (picture 1). Today I brought home its replacement and I found a all new other issue, backlight bleeding, the pictures are from my cellphone, but what do you think? I can clearly see it in dark scenes, it's very noticeable. What do you think about vertical banding too? I think it's better than the other one although I can clearly see it on the vertical banding video Test for Lcd.

Old tv with vertical banding:

New tv:

Navigationroad's Avatar Navigationroad 12:46 PM 02-20-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna View Post

Hi, I bought a Samsung LDC, 40es6100, that I had to return due to massive vertical banding (picture 1). Today I brought home its replacement and I found a all new other issue, backlight bleeding, the pictures are from my cellphone, but what do you think? I can clearly see it in dark scenes, it's very noticeable. What do you think about vertical banding too? I think it's better than the other one although I can clearly see it on the vertical banding video Test for Lcd.

Old tv with vertical banding:

New tv:

I definitely would not be happy with that panel. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the 6000 series TV's were not edge lit. How on earth do they manage to get that much flashlighting and banding.
Up
Mobile  Desktop