Vizio Smart Tv yahoo apps to surfing the web? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi,
I just bought a Vizio 32" smart TV and I was wondering if I could some how add a web browser with flash capabilities. I don't like the Yahoo based apps and I would like to be able to surf the web. Any suggestions?

Or should I take it back and get a Samsung smart TV?
THEriksen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
You are pretty much limited to what the tv has, unless it allows you to download more apps. And finding a web browser on a smart tv with full flash capabilities is going to be pretty hard. Keep in mind, you are buying a smart tv, not a computer.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-10-2013, 02:40 PM

Liked: 10
Vizio as a company and their products suck big time. But if you have one and want to use a browser to surf the Web then about the only option (05-10-2013) is to use a JAVA based browser if you can find and use one. If you have a TiVo unit then there is one available for download (search on TiVo Browser). If no TiVo then try Lobo java Web Broswer.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2014, 04:05 PM

Liked: 10

I'm in the same boat. I have a Vizio Co-Star on one tv and love the fact that I can access the internet and shows available there, such as Downton Abbey through PBS. I just purchased a Vizio M551d-A2 tv and was shocked that the Chrome browser wasn't included. Is there somewhere I can download that app for my TV?? Otherwise, how do I catch up on Downton Abbey??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Vizio 32 Inch Eco Lcd Hdtv Vo320e
Gear in this thread