LED Owners. Does your TV have an 'add scan' feature or a way to add channels manually? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 11:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have this 39" Haeir TV but the T-CON board is freaking out and the warranty repair guy is unable to find a replacement part (On this model the T-CON is part of the panel).

If they offer me a refund I would like to buy something in the same $350-$400 price range, but I would like it to have the add scan option. I live between two major marlets and have a rotor on my antenna.
Needless to say doing a rescan every time I turn the rotor is getting old. The trick of getting a channel added by adding the 'real' channel number does not work on this TV.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Others have mentioned this issue as well. And I have commented on it. Yes, it's very aggravating but I don't know of any sets that allow you to add channels for viewing if they weren't found during a scan. What you can do is to get a second antenna and use a combiner and push both signals from the antennas through when you scan. Sucks you have to do this, but it's the only way that I know of. Something the TV manufactures never thought of I guess. Or, get an omni-directional antenna. I guess it depends on your distance from the transmitting towers.

I remember I sent an email to Sharp for this exact issue when I purchased my first LCD tv back in 2006. I suggested it would be a straight forward software update. They said "sorry".
post #3 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
One more thing. I have an HDTV card in my pc. I use Microsoft's Media Center. And the way that works is you enter your zip code and it already has a database of the available stations that you should be able to receive in your area. No scanning needed. You just move the antenna based on the channel you want to view. I live in an area where I have stations from Philly, Scranton and NJ and get all just by turning the antenna. That would be a nice feature on new tv sets. No need to scan unless you are scanning for cable channels as they can place them wherever they want them.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

My digital to analog box I got for free with the government card has this feature and it is one of the worst built pieces of
electronics I have ever owned.

My 46" Sony Bravia XBT LCD in the living has this feature, so I thought it was a normal feature until I got the Haier.

I would be happy if it did the real channel number trick like my RCA in my Florida room does.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

My HR20 does two markets by zipcode so I just have to move the rotor, but the guide is missing about 10 channels I can get with my tv tuner alone. I am preparing for a post 'cor cutting' option since I ma
canceling my DTV next time the raise the rates.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page