47LM7600 vs. 46ES6500: Best pick for panel, uniformity, side viewing, and PQ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm currently debating between a 47LM7600 and a 46ES6500, and I'm wondering is there a clear winner for:

Uniformity
Panel (e.g., lower likelihood of defects)
Side viewing
Picture Quality

I'll be setting up in a room with windows/blinds (tough to make pitch black) watching from a couch about 8 - 10 feet back from the set. I'm looking to spend < $1K.

Thanks everybody for your help.

-CS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by corysnyder28 View Post

I'm currently debating between a 47LM7600 and a 46ES6500, and I'm wondering is there a clear winner for:

Uniformity
Panel (e.g., lower likelihood of defects)
Side viewing
Picture Quality

I'll be setting up in a room with windows/blinds (tough to make pitch black) watching from a couch about 8 - 10 feet back from the set. I'm looking to spend < $1K.

Thanks everybody for your help.

-CS

I currently own a LM7600 and tried a ES6500 in July of last year. The Samsung went back immediately after a few adjustments. The uniformity was some of the worse I had seen, off angle viewing terrible, black levels were unimpressive and motion performance in gaming was the worse I have have seen on a PVA panel. Coming from an NX720 which was one of the nicest edge LEDs I have seen, the LM7600 for me was the closest I have found(in my price range).
post #3 of 4 Old 02-21-2013, 11:21 PM

Liked: 10
I also just bought the LG 47LM7600 and was considering the Samsung ES6500 also. But basically the black level on the LG did it for me. The black level on the Samsung was noticeably worse no matter what I tried. It's otherwise a nice TV, but the black level was not good at all for me.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-22-2013, 03:35 AM

Liked: 11
I bought a Panasonic 47DT50. Very happy with it except the black level. Few days ago the 47WT50 went on sale on Amazon for only 899 so I bought it and returned the DT50. Awesome black level thanks to local dimming. Unfortunately it is now out of stock on Amazon. Costco might still be selling it for 899 but you have to pay sales tax.

If I have to pick between LG 7600 and Samsung 6500, I would get the LG in a heartbeat. I tried both at a store and absolutely hated the Samsung. Awful colors. Washed out details. User-unfriendly, unresponsive menu where you have to make about 10 clicks to enable game mode. Bad side viewing. Automatic whole screen dimming that cannot be turned off.....I just feel that there is NOTHING good about Samsung junk.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page