post #91 of 1255 Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX1992 View Post

Ohyea32- Is the land of enhancement New Mexico? I am glad you got the audio problem fixed. I also went into your other threads re LG84" and found out you have been waiting for it a long time. Once I found out that the Samsung 85" is $40,000 and the Sony $25,000 I had to buy the LG. I bought it on line at a very reasonable price and I believe the factory warranty of 1 year is valid. But I bought an additional 4 year warranty for $666 from my local audio video store as an added precaution.

You will enjoy all the 3D movies yet to be seen. I have every 3D movie available plus many more videos and documentaries as I was the first to enjoy 3D with my Mitsubishi DLP. Under 3D Central, 3D Content in AVS there is a lot of discussion and recommendations for the best movies.

Yes, it's New Mexico.smile.gif Thanks, I'm happy to finally be able to enjoy 3D on this TV with the picture and sound being in sync.

Yeah, I've been waiting a long time to get this TV. Ever since I found out that it was being shown at CES 2012 I've been following it. The Sony, and especially the Samsung are way overpriced!

I wish that LG had a longer factory warranty on it though, as 1 year is not long enough. 3 years would have been about right, especially considering that this is the company's flagship statement TV. I also need to get an extended warranty for my TV, If you could, can you PM me with what warranty you got? A 4 year warranty for that price is pretty decent! I have looked at various extended warranty plans, and just don't know which would be the best to go with.

And thanks for the tip on looking here on the 3D Central thread for the best 3D movies.wink.gif

Seth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1255 Old 04-05-2013, 04:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new on this forum so I hope someone can help me on this :

I also bought LG 84LM9600 and my fist impressions weren't that great : it was very difficult for me to do the right settings wiht my own eyes (Blacklight, Contrast, ... ) so I got a professional one calibrate this TV.

And now I am not completely satisfied with the result : for me it's to dark allthough the colors are pretty good.

These are my current settings :

Energy Saving : OFF

Picture Mode : ISF Expert 1

Blacklight: 20
Contrast 77
Brightness 54
Color 60
Tint G13

Dynamic Contrast : OFF
Color Range : BT709
Color Filter : OFF

Gamma : 2.4 (each color also had different settings bot too much to list them all)

Black Level : LOW

Real Cinema : ON

LED Local Dimming : Medium

I use an Onkyo TX-NR5009 receiver and an OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray player.

When I play Blu Ray the image is good but I think I do something wrong because it isn't very great.

Should I get another and better Blu Ray player ?

The Onkyo puts through the image of the Blu Ray player because he only has 1 HDMI-output.

I use the Onkyo receiver and he does the upscaling to 4K-content.

I have read here that it's better to give the output of your receiver 1080p so I don't know if changing this would change a lot ?

I really hope some of you guys can give me advice witch settings you use ....

Maybe I need to change my Blu Ray player, don't know ....

Like I told : I am new and I only have a basic knowledge but I paid a lot of money on this TV and I read often how great this TV is, especially on Blu Ray.

Hope to get a lot of information smile.gif

Thanks !
post #93 of 1255 Old 04-05-2013, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homecinema4life View Post

I am new on this forum so I hope someone can help me on this :

I also bought LG 84LM9600 and my fist impressions weren't that great : it was very difficult for me to do the right settings wiht my own eyes (Blacklight, Contrast, ... ) so I got a professional one calibrate this TV.

And now I am not completely satisfied with the result : for me it's to dark allthough the colors are pretty good.

These are my current settings :

Energy Saving : OFF

Picture Mode : ISF Expert 1

Blacklight: 20
Contrast 77
Brightness 54
Color 60
Tint G13

Dynamic Contrast : OFF
Color Range : BT709
Color Filter : OFF

Gamma : 2.4 (each color also had different settings bot too much to list them all)

Black Level : LOW

Real Cinema : ON

LED Local Dimming : Medium

I use an Onkyo TX-NR5009 receiver and an OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray player.

When I play Blu Ray the image is good but I think I do something wrong because it isn't very great.

Should I get another and better Blu Ray player ?

The Onkyo puts through the image of the Blu Ray player because he only has 1 HDMI-output.

I use the Onkyo receiver and he does the upscaling to 4K-content.

I have read here that it's better to give the output of your receiver 1080p so I don't know if changing this would change a lot ?

I really hope some of you guys can give me advice witch settings you use ....

Maybe I need to change my Blu Ray player, don't know ....

Like I told : I am new and I only have a basic knowledge but I paid a lot of money on this TV and I read often how great this TV is, especially on Blu Ray.

Hope to get a lot of information smile.gif

Thanks !

Congratulations on your new TV, and welcome aboard!smile.gif

First off, the backlight setting is way too low. At 20, no wonder the picture looks dim. Bruce had his pro calibrated, and the backlight setting on his is at 62. I have mine at 50 and it looks plenty bright. Also, the picture looks better with the contrast set up a bit more. I have mine at 98.

And do you have your Blu-ray going straight to the TV, or is it going through the AVR? I know that it shouldn't make a difference in PQ and detail, but for 2D Blu-ray's and HD satellite, I found the PQ to be superior going straight to the TV. Of course to do it this way and get lossless sound, you need a player with dual HDMI outs (Oppo BDP-93/Oppo BDP-103).

Or you could use the multi-channel outs on your player and use your players internal decoding for the lossless audio.

post #94 of 1255 Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hey ohyeah32, didn't even notice you were a member on here. I was the guy that emailed you through flicker, about your pictures. Anyway, I am in the market for purchasing one of these televisions. Been reading tons of reviews, and differing opinions. Mainly, I am wondering what your opinions are on something I have been reading in some reviews, that UltraHD is such a waste, because the human eyes can't perceive this resolution difference. I saw the TV at CES, and could tell quite the difference, but I was probably standing 2-3 feet from the TV.

Is this statement mainly being made, because the cost of the television is so high, and the reviewers probably can't afford it? (is that harsh?)

Thanks for the input!

post #95 of 1255 Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsj View Post

Hey ohyeah32, didn't even notice you were a member on here. I was the guy that emailed you through flicker, about your pictures. Anyway, I am in the market for purchasing one of these televisions. Been reading tons of reviews, and differing opinions. Mainly, I am wondering what your opinions are on something I have been reading in some reviews, that UltraHD is such a waste, because the human eyes can't perceive this resolution difference. I saw the TV at CES, and could tell quite the difference, but I was probably standing 2-3 feet from the TV.

Is this statement mainly being made, because the cost of the television is so high, and the reviewers probably can't afford it? (is that harsh?)

Thanks for the input!

Yep, I've been a member here for quite a while.smile.gif

Thanks again for your e-mails. I got the issue resolved pretty quickly, thanks for the heads up.wink.gif

Let me tell you, the best 1080p sources upscaled to 4K is a definite leap in PQ! I have not had the pleasure of watching true native 4K content on this TV yet, but I can only imagine how jaw dropping it is! The few YouTube videos that say they're 4K aren't really 4K and are being displayed at 1080p with the TV upscaling it to 4K. If there's a way to watch a 4K video on YouTube in its native 4K, I would love to know how to watch it. I know there's a Timescape movie that one can buy that comes on a hard drive that is true native uncompressed 4K, but I think it costs around $300 to order though.

I'm really hoping that there will be a 4K Blu-ray player introduced at some point in the near future. HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) makes this a possibility, but it's uncertain at this time whether it's feasible for them to make it work with the Blu-ray format. I hope they can, as it would be an ideal playback method for 4K movies.

In my honest opinion, 4K displays like this LG are really worth it for the 3D delivery aspect alone! Full resolution passive 3D looks beyond amazing!!! Watching Life of Pi and Avatar on this TV is like watching it through an open window. It's that good!

So is this TV better than your best 1080p TV's on the market? in most ways I'd say yes. The only, I guess you'd call them shortcomings, are since this TV is edge lit vs. full array back-lit, there is some light uniformity unevenness in totally black scenes. But this is very infrequent, and for the most part the picture gets really black across the entire screen. PQ on lower quality sources, or HD sources with moderate grain become even more pronounced being upscaled to 4K. So if one wants this TV to look its very best, playback of high quality well mastered 1080p, with little to no grain is a must. With these sources, the images seen on screen are nothing short of phenomenal!

Seth

post #96 of 1255 Old 04-06-2013, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 22
That is good to hear, I love the idea of Full Resolution Passive 3D. This tv would be replacing a 73" mitsubishi DLP, which I am sure it will make that tv look like it was out of the 90's. I am already on board to get one, but my wife is hesitant. We already have a Home Theater in our house with a Runco LED projector in it, and a 133" screen, and the picture coming out of that thing is jaw dropping also to say the least. She tells me if I got that television, then the theater would probably start to sit empty, because I would always be watching the LG.

The only other drawback for me to purchase is, all my audio/video equipment is rack mounted in a closet. I get the feeling, I upgrade this television, then I will need to upgrade the receiver, and also my HDMI switch. I am unsure if there even is a 4k HDMI switch on the market yet. Decisions, Decisions.....

post #97 of 1255 Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsj View Post

That is good to hear, I love the idea of Full Resolution Passive 3D. This tv would be replacing a 73" mitsubishi DLP, which I am sure it will make that tv look like it was out of the 90's. I am already on board to get one, but my wife is hesitant. We already have a Home Theater in our house with a Runco LED projector in it, and a 133" screen, and the picture coming out of that thing is jaw dropping also to say the least. She tells me if I got that television, then the theater would probably start to sit empty, because I would always be watching the LG.

The only other drawback for me to purchase is, all my audio/video equipment is rack mounted in a closet. I get the feeling, I upgrade this television, then I will need to upgrade the receiver, and also my HDMI switch. I am unsure if there even is a 4k HDMI switch on the market yet. Decisions, Decisions.....

Wow, a Runco LED projector and a 133" screen! Sweet! I'll bet it does look pretty darn awesome! For a while I was looking to go with a 4K front projector. Right now I think the only one available is the Sony VPL-VW1000ES, but is active 3D, which is not what I wanted. So then I had my sights set on the RED laser 4K projector that was supposed to have been available by now. It hasn't materialized yet, and who knows when it will. So it was either wait until the Red projector finally did start shipping, or go with the LG TV which was already available. I didn't want to wait on something that may or may not be available this year, so I went with the LG.

And I have had to upgrade pre/pro's, as the Denon AVP-A1HDCI was not able to compensate for the lip sync issue on 3D Blu-ray's. Nothing I tried worked, so I figured it was time to get a new pre/pro that was HDMI 1.4a that offered full 3D pass-through, and 4K pass-through. The only one I found that offered this was the Marantz AV8801. I just got it this past Tuesday, got it connected, and watched a 3D Blu-ray through it. At first the audio was once again out of sync, but thankfully this unit corrected it when I adjusted the audio delay manually.smile.gif So far I've watched three 3D Blu-ray's and all have stayed perfectly in sync.

If you do get the LG, you'll be in good company here.wink.gif

Seth

post #98 of 1255 Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 PM

I have made the changes and it's quite a difference now : a lot better ! So thanks for the advice !

You really helped me !

But I am not satisfied with the result I get when I watch a Blu Ray so I am considering to buy an Oppo BDP-105 Blu Ray player : it has 2 HDMI's, than I can go direct with a HDMI to my LG.

I hope it will be a lot better to watch Blu Ray's, maybe someone can give ma advice if it will be better to get this Blu Ray player on this TV?

For the moment I have an OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray player connected with a HDMI to my receiver Onkyo TX-NR5009.

The receiver passes all images to the LG and I have selected 4K upscaling on my Onkyo receiver.

Don't know if I have to change it and let the LG do the upscalling : than I can select 1080p/24 or 1080p.

What's the best output I must select on my Onkyo : 4K upscalling, 1080p/24 or 1080p ?

If I read some reactions that Blu Ray is so great on this TV I know I have to changes somethings ....

Hope to hear some of you cool.gif
post #99 of 1255 Old 04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have made the changes and it's quite a difference now : a lot better ! So thanks for the advice !

You really helped me !

But I am not satisfied with the result I get when I watch a Blu Ray so I am considering to buy an Oppo BDP-105 Blu Ray player : it has 2 HDMI's, than I can go direct with a HDMI to my LG.

I hope it will be a lot better to watch Blu Ray's, maybe someone can give ma advice if it will be better to get this Blu Ray player on this TV?

For the moment I have an OPPO BDP-83 Blu Ray player connected with a HDMI to my receiver Onkyo TX-NR5009.

The receiver passes all images to the LG and I have selected 4K upscaling on my Onkyo receiver.

Don't know if I have to change it and let the LG do the upscalling : than I can select 1080p/24 or 1080p.

What's the best output I must select on my Onkyo : 4K upscalling, 1080p/24 or 1080p ?

If I read some reactions that Blu Ray is so great on this TV I know I have to changes somethings ....

Glad to hear that changing the settings really improved the picture!smile.gif And I have to say that I shared the wrong info regarding my backlight setting level. I said that it was set at 50, when in reality is was set to 85. I was thinking of the brightness setting, which is set at 51. Sorry about that. Out of curiosity, I lowered the backlight setting on mine from 85 down to 78, and the local dimming from medium to low. So far I think it looks even better now, and I am going to use it with these settings for a few days and see how I like it.

For whatever reason I find that by connecting my HD satellite directly to the LG, I get a more detailed image. When I had the HD satellite going to my Marantz AV8801 pre/pro, and then to the LG, the PQ looked a tad softer, and a bit less detailed. It shouldn't of made a difference, as the AV8801 is set to pass-through only, but it did.

The thing to keep in mind when connecting a Blu-ray player like the Oppo 105 using the dual HDMI outs (one to TV and the other to your Onkyo AVR), is there will most likely be a lip sync delay. But your Onkyo AVR will hopefully be able to adjust for this using the manual audio delay function. If it does, then this IMO is the optimal connection method, as the video doesn't have to go through the Onkyo.

Now it's very possible that the image degradation you're noticing when playing Blu-ray's is due to letting the Onkyo AVR do the 4K upscaling. Many AVR's and pre/pro's do not do as great of a job upscaling to 4K as the LG can do internally. So you might first want to let your current Blu-ray player go through the Onkyo AVR as pass-through only, and let the LG TV do the upscaling to 4K. Try this and see if the PQ improves.

On your Onkyo AVR, select its output on HDMI to pass-through with no interlaced or progressive processing.

Let us know how that works for you.

Seth

post #100 of 1255 Old 04-09-2013, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

You really helped me !

If you're not going to use the analog 7.1 outputs on the Oppo, you should consider the BDP103 instead of the BDP105. It costs 1/2 the price and the digital section is pretty much identical.

The 105 has some other features the 103 does not, so you may want to look into those, too, before you decide.

Hope this helps. smile.gif

Dave

post #101 of 1255 Old 04-09-2013, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post

Yes, it's New Mexico.smile.gif Thanks, I'm happy to finally be able to enjoy 3D on this TV with the picture and sound being in sync.

Yeah, I've been waiting a long time to get this TV. Ever since I found out that it was being shown at CES 2012 I've been following it. The Sony, and especially the Samsung are way overpriced!

I wish that LG had a longer factory warranty on it though, as 1 year is not long enough. 3 years would have been about right, especially considering that this is the company's flagship statement TV. I also need to get an extended warranty for my TV, If you could, can you PM me with what warranty you got? A 4 year warranty for that price is pretty decent! I have looked at various extended warranty plans, and just don't know which would be the best to go with.

And thanks for the tip on looking here on the 3D Central thread for the best 3D movies.wink.gif

Seth

Seth

Where are you in NM? I'm in the East Mountains outside of Albuquerque. PM me if you're not comfortable saying online. cool.gif

Dave

post #102 of 1255 Old 04-10-2013, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm in the southern part of the state.

post #103 of 1255 Old 04-10-2013, 03:47 AM

@moonhawk :

Thanks for the information about the OPPO BDP-103 : now I know what to chose !

Don't know if you have an 103 and if you are happy with this player ?

Can anyone tell me the experience of an 103 on this LG ?

I live in Belgium so where's the best (cheapest:cool: ) place to buy an Oppo in the US ?

I found my previous Oppo on Ebay so don't know if that's the best place to buy because I don't know an online store in the US ?

Thanks !
post #104 of 1255 Old 04-10-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

@moonhawk :

Thanks for the information about the OPPO BDP-103 : now I know what to chose !

Don't know if you have an 103 and if you are happy with this player ?

Can anyone tell me the experience of an 103 on this LG ?

I live in Belgium so where's the best (cheapest:cool: ) place to buy an Oppo in the US ?

I found my previous Oppo on Ebay so don't know if that's the best place to buy because I don't know an online store in the US ?

Thanks !

I believe you can buy direct from Oppo, or try Audio Advisor. They are legitimate and honest.

You might look up the Oppo 103 owner's thread here on AVS. Warning: It is very long.

I don't own this set so I can't tell you how it will work with the Oppo.

Good luck.

EDIT: Also you could always get it from Amazon. cool.gif

Dave

post #105 of 1255 Old 04-12-2013, 09:35 AM

I did order an OPPO BDP-103 cool.gif so now it's waiting till it arrives !

Really curious of the result of that player on my LG ....

I don't have my LG connected to the net so I don't know if I am missing something ?
post #106 of 1255 Old 04-13-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I did order an OPPO BDP-103 cool.gif so now it's waiting till it arrives !

Really curious of the result of that player on my LG ....

I don't have my LG connected to the net so I don't know if I am missing something ?

I think you're going to love the Oppo 103!smile.gif

The main benefit to having your LG connected to the internet in my opinion, is to be able to update the TV's firmware. I think that's important. Other than that I really haven't used too much of the "smart TV" features like the apps or web browsing.

The thing that I would like to find out though, is how to watch a 4K YouTube video in its native resolution. When using the YouTube app, I see no option for changing the videos resolution. When I use my PC and go to the YouTube website, a lot of 4K videos have the option to change the resolution to "original", which is supposedly the native resolution. I think it is, as when I tried to play one of those 4K videos on my PC which does not have the ability to play 4K, I get a blank picture, but playing at 1080p I can see it just fine.

I wonder if there's a way to change the resolution using the YouTube app on the LG? If not then maybe the only way to view a native 4K YouTube video is to use the TV's web browser and go to the YouTube website.

Seth

post #107 of 1255 Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Have you guys found any interesting 4K material to watch, how bad a$$ was it ?? biggrin.gif

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #108 of 1255 Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post

Have you guys found any interesting 4K material to watch, how bad a$$ was it ?? biggrin.gif

Hey there Chris!smile.gif

I've gotta say I'm really loving the new TV! This thing is capable of such an incredible picture! But in order to see what it's capable of it needs a high quality source. The best looking 1080p HD upscaled to 4K on this TV is nothing short of amazing! And I can only imagine how jaw dropping native 4K looks on it. I have not had the pleasure to see that yet.

I know that YouTube has quite a few Ultra HD 4K videos, but I don't know what the best way to view them is. I know that the TV has a YouTube app, but when watching a 4K video there is no option for selecting the resolution. I know that when seeing a 4K video on the YouTube website on my PC/monitor, it has the option to change the resolution to "original", which I'm guessing is the native 4K. I have not tried this on the LG TV yet, as I would like to know if this is indeed the correct way to view them.

Seth

post #109 of 1255 Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
ohyea32,
Thanks to you I now have seen 4K. In my private reply to you an hour ago I did not know how to watch 4K as I never tried Youtube 4K through my PC only with the LG application. As you know my PC is hooked up to the LG and when selecting original on real 4K videos it does indeed display 4K!!! This moment of seeing 4K finally on the LG brought back memories of my Mitsubishi DLP ready 3D TV that I waited 2 years before actually seeing 3D because there was no 3D material available.

There are only about 5 real 4K videos available. The honeybees look great when in focus. The redwood forest is probably the best, beautiful greens and detail. The ink blots are colorful. The horse video could have been sharper. Even though I have a high speed internet (Fios) the videos ocasionally stopped and then continued.

I had seen 4K in the store but to see it at home is even better.
post #110 of 1255 Old 04-14-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ohyea32,
Thanks to you I now have seen 4K. In my private reply to you an hour ago I did not know how to watch 4K as I never tried Youtube 4K through my PC only with the LG application. As you know my PC is hooked up to the LG and when selecting original on real 4K videos it does indeed display 4K!!! This moment of seeing 4K finally on the LG brought back memories of my Mitsubishi DLP ready 3D TV that I waited 2 years before actually seeing 3D because there was no 3D material available.

There are only about 5 real 4K videos available. The honeybees look great when in focus. The redwood forest is probably the best, beautiful greens and detail. The ink blots are colorful. The horse video could have been sharper. Even though I have a high speed internet (Fios) the videos ocasionally stopped and then continued.

Way cool!!smile.gif

I'll bet it looks jaw dropping! I wonder if using the LG's built in web browser will allow playback of native 4K videos on the YouTube website? And if so, I wonder if it will fill the screen completely? Since I don't have a PC that's 4K resolution capable, the only way for me will be through the TV itself. My internet speed may not be fast enough though, as my connection is 9 Mbps.

And you really have to search for them, but I found quite a few 4K videos that have the resolution option of "original". So far, here's what I've found:

LG Ultra HD 4K resolution landscape demo (Greece-Norway)

4K video test

4K 2K resolution Demo

4K resolution demo

HD Club 4K Ultra HD

4K Ultra HD Beauty Fashion

I'm sure there are more, they are just scattered around.

Seth
GlenH likes this.

post #111 of 1255 Old 04-14-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

A few more:

Italy in 4K/Ultra HD

Sintel 4K2K

Go Beyond 4K (Ultra HD)

4K HD Club 2013 Taipei 101 Fireworks

4K resolution original digital cinema demo

JVC 4K sample footage
GlenH likes this.

post #112 of 1255 Old 04-14-2013, 11:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 416 Post(s)
Liked: 608
Quote:

ohyea32,

So did you go in the properties of your graphics card and select 4K resolution, 4096 x 3112 ? If not you probably did not see true 4K.

LOL, found Two 4K videos while looking for 4K graphics cards. Two video's on this page >>>>>>> Click Here

Nice card for $399, Click Here

---Looks like these manufactures for graphics cards like to say they can display 4K, then in description say Max Resolution
2560 x 1600

Forum Sponsor // \\

1-866-651-0049 // \\

/
/

/

/
post #113 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 AM

Liked: 16
I was able to set the full 4K res on my Mac Book Pro (Retina) using Windows 7 Professional and hooking up to the built in HDMI jack. Can't figure it out in OSX though even though clearly the graphics card is capable of it.
post #114 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 11
Need some help with ARC on this set. I've checked that the settings on the LG are correct for ARC and that the settings on a new Pioneer SC-1522-k are also correct,but I'm unable to get any audio with ARC. I've even tried a new 1.4a HDMI cable with no results.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Well, I must have invoked the right incantation, because now it decided to work.

Thx anyway, folks.
post #115 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi everyone, I been following this thread and I´d like to buy this tv, but I wish to know if I can setup custom resolutions beyond 1080P at 60hz with an nvidia or ati video card, for example 2560×1440 @ 60hz, or 3200x1800 @ 60hz, so I can work with the best resolution possible without reaching the limitation of 4k @ 30hz, please tell me if this is possible, thank you very much.
post #116 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Thanks for the additional 4K videos on Youtube. Most of them are 4K and look great. My Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 (top video card in 2010) has a limit of 2560x1600 but Windows will not allow a higher resolution than 1920x1080 because of the monitor (84"LG). So I may not be getting 3840x2160 but when I select original in a 4K video i definatelly get better resolution and a clearer video than by choosing 1080p. So I don't know what is happening but the picture seems as clear as the 4K demos in the store using outside hard drives.

I tried using the internet through the LG and original does show up when attempting to watch a 4K vidio in Youtube but then the screen goes black. Nvidias best video card GeForce GTX Titan does show a maximum resolution of 4096x2160 but the cost is over $1,000. But I think Windows would not allow a higher setting as it states my LG is a DTR-30.2(whatever that is).

Jurasic Park 3D looks much better on this TV than in the theater where I thought the picture was not sharp or had deep colors.
post #117 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the additional 4K videos on Youtube. Most of them are 4K and look great. My Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 (top video card in 2010) has a limit of 2560x1600 but Windows will not allow a higher resolution than 1920x1080 because of the monitor (84"LG). So I may not be getting 3840x2160 but when I select original in a 4K video i definatelly get better resolution and a clearer video than by choosing 1080p. So I don't know what is happening but the picture seems as clear as the 4K demos in the store using outside hard drives.

I tried using the internet through the LG and original does show up when attempting to watch a 4K vidio in Youtube but then the screen goes black. Nvidias best video card GeForce GTX Titan does show a maximum resolution of 4096x2160 but the cost is over $1,000. But I think Windows would not allow a higher setting as it states my LG is a DTR-30.2(whatever that is).

Jurasic Park 3D looks much better on this TV than in the theater where I thought the picture was not sharp or had deep colors.

You're welcome.wink.gif Glad you enjoyed the videos.

I wonder if the new Windows 8 with a video card capable of 3840 x 2160 resolution will work. From what I've read, Windows 8 is supposed to support quad HD (4K), if so I may get me a HTPC that is Windows 8 with a video card that will support native 4K and connect it to my LG.

Good to know that using the TV's built in browser will not work when selecting original resolution. It would have been nice if it did. Thanks for sharing that.smile.gif

Very cool to hear that Jurassic Park 3D on Blu-ray looks better than it did at the theater. Will be a definite to own once it's out next week.

Seth

post #118 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Martin View Post

I was able to set the full 4K res on my Mac Book Pro (Retina) using Windows 7 Professional and hooking up to the built in HDMI jack. Can't figure it out in OSX though even though clearly the graphics card is capable of it.

So....what did you think? How did it look?smile.gif

post #119 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar48 View Post

Need some help with ARC on this set. I've checked that the settings on the LG are correct for ARC and that the settings on a new Pioneer SC-1522-k are also correct,but I'm unable to get any audio with ARC. I've even tried a new 1.4a HDMI cable with no results.

Any help appreciated.

Tony

Well, I must have invoked the right incantation, because now it decided to work.

Thx anyway, folks.

Welcome aboard!! Nice to see another owner here.smile.gif

Glad to hear that you got it working.

post #120 of 1255 Old 04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeslu View Post

Hi everyone, I been following this thread and I´d like to buy this tv, but I wish to know if I can setup custom resolutions beyond 1080P at 60hz with an nvidia or ati video card, for example 2560×1440 @ 60hz, or 3200x1800 @ 60hz, so I can work with the best resolution possible without reaching the limitation of 4k @ 30hz, please tell me if this is possible, thank you very much.

I'm sure some here who use, or have knowledge on this will chime in.smile.gif

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Epson V11h475020 318 Inches Powerlite Home Cinema 710 Hd 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Vsx 21txh 71 Av Receiver , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page