post #1201 of 1209 Old 07-11-2014, 02:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2j View Post
Silverlight,

What number did you call to speak to the executive service dept? Were you able to place a preorder for the HDMI 2 upgrade over the phone? If so, will they call you to schedule the installation?
Here it is:

Executive Services Dept
LG Electronics Alabama, Inc.
PO Box 24007, Huntsille, AL 35813
877-543-8325

I was just scheduling an appointment to update the components related to banding, and they indicated we'd schedule an appointment in August for the HDMI 2.0 but have not yet set that up.

AV stuff here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1209 Old 07-11-2014, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlight View Post

$4k for this TV? wow that's awesome!!
Where can you get this for $4k?
post #1203 of 1209 Old 07-19-2014, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It's been extremely quiet on here, so I figured I'd stop in to keep this thread from getting too buried.

So far I'm very happy with my new 84" LG. PQ is pretty darn amazing. I watched Peter Jackson's King Kong last night, and I was really wowed with just how good it all looked.

If my TV gets upgraded to HDMI 2.0 and HEVC, I should be set for some time.

I wonder if there are any other 84LM9600-UB owners here, or am I the only one? Sure would be nice to compare notes with another owner.
post #1204 of 1209 Old 07-19-2014, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohyeah32 View Post
It's been extremely quiet on here, so I figured I'd stop in to keep this thread from getting too buried.

So far I'm very happy with my new 84" LG. PQ is pretty darn amazing. I watched Peter Jackson's King Kong last night, and I was really wowed with just how good it all looked.

If my TV gets upgraded to HDMI 2.0 and HEVC, I should be set for some time.

I wonder if there are any other 84LM9600-UB owners here, or am I the only one? Sure would be nice to compare notes with another owner.
You have several things working against this topic being active:

1) Topics for previous year's models always fade in activity. The 2014 version of this set is already starting to be out there.

2) The most successful topics are for the ones that encompass all of the same model line across screen sizes instead of just one size.

3) Until the price for this set fell through the floor in the last couple of months, the price would have made it a very small group of owners and by the time the price was dropping you could get the new model for not too much more.

Glad you are enjoying your set. I hope LG follows through on its commitment to provide an upgrade path to HDMI 2.0, etc.
post #1205 of 1209 Old 07-20-2014, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still here and enjoying my 84" 4K every day. I just returned from Latvia where we stayed one month. We watched mostly a 32" TV so it is nice to see everything on an 84" screen again.
post #1206 of 1209 Old 07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I had the 84LM9600 for a short bit when it came out.

I had extreme banding issues and LG agreed to take the set back. They told me at the time that they were not optimistic about being able to upgrade the set to HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. They were aware that someone at corporate had said this, but that there was no one working on it, and that it would essentially amount to an entirely new set. If it did come, they estimated the cost at almost $4,000.

I took the return and am currently trying to decide on a replacement. [BTW: LG support is the best in the industry - I would stay away from Sony, just due to the poor quality of their support.]

"Read Less, More TV." - Dr. Gregory House

"That which can not be questioned, can not be trusted." - Me

The Metropolis Home Theater

Blue Smoke Entertainment Systems - Affiliated
post #1207 of 1209 Old 07-20-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post

I had extreme banding issues and LG agreed to take the set back. They told me at the time that they were not optimistic about being able to upgrade the set to HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2. They were aware that someone at corporate had said this, but that there was no one working on it, and that it would essentially amount to an entirely new set. If it did come, they estimated the cost at almost $4,000.

I took the return and am currently trying to decide on a replacement. [BTW: LG support is the best in the industry - I would stay away from Sony, just due to the poor quality of their support.]

@PeterS
Which models are you looking at? I'm planning on getting something as well in the 80" range but not buying until Oct.
Hopefully the hdmi issues will be worked out by then.
post #1208 of 1209 Old 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterS View Post

At the customer service representative level there is so much misinformation I would not trust a single thing they say about the upgrade, especially what they told you (no one is working on it, $4000). It's unfortunate that these guys feel free to just make things up. Customer service reps usually have ZERO information on what engineering is doing until the product is ready for launch at least that was my experience when I worked in consumer electronics for a foreign based company similar to LG. At least some other manufacturers have managed to upgrade the 2013 models for a reasonable amount, and there is enough leakage of information from higher levels within LG that this is going to happen in the next month or two. I may eat crow, but I'm fairly confident the LA9650, LA9700 and LM9600 will get upgraded.
post #1209 of 1209 Old Yesterday, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I need to agree with Bill. I info. like this would need to be corroborated by a few sources.
Rich
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Epson V11h475020 318 Inches Powerlite Home Cinema 710 Hd 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Vsx 21txh 71 Av Receiver , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page