Originally Posted by billdz
Thanks for posting, I have the exact same problem. Did it turn out OK for you?
Well the first attempt didn't. I filed the request and got it to locating a repair service, then when they couldn't find one (I live in the boonies) it was transferred to George, who was supposed to collect my invoice and confirm I was an owner and then get it RMA'd and a replacement sent out, but George either quit, got fired (I hope) or otherwise failed to complete the request after I sent the information. So I waited and I called George and left him messages and nothing. Finally I called George and got transferred to the operator, George was no longer there and I spoke to a new lady named Ramona that said I would have to start over and I told her that the result would be the same as my location hadn't been changed....
So I sent her the information and that was a couple of weeks ago and I just got a call from the RMA folks and they no longer have the old model so they are sending out a new 84UB9800 and they will supposidly remove the old one (mounted in my bedroom on the wall) and install the new one. Luckily they are going to do that because if not I would keep both as there is no feasible way I can remove this TV by myself and I had to swindle the maintenance guys at work to mount it for me the first time!
So basically it turned out fine, it just took forever but a new model is on the way, I hope it has some improvements over this model. I would hate to get the 'new' model which is actually cheaper and made with less quality as previous versions, which has happened before.
While the error doesn't happen every time I turn the TV on it still occurs and it is extremely annoying.
Glad LG is sticking behind their TV's. Now I have to research the new model and see the differences.