Official LG 84LM9600 (Ultra HD 4K) Owners' Thread - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1261 of 1262 Old 11-17-2014, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I called today to order the upgrade, and was told that it is also not yet available in my area (SF bay area).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 1262 Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shurik_1 View Post
my upgrade was finally installed this Thursday. It took couple of hours in total. I agreed to the cost of $499 plus tax. the final receipt was for $422. tech were surprised themselves.

a few bits I learned:

• new board replaces two PCB. one of them included framerate scaler and the interconnect was creating lag between video and audio. I was told that the single board should greatly help the audio lag but in practice I still have to delay audio by 200ms to watch 3D movies
  • no ARC is because the HDMI 2.0 chip LG used for upgrade does not have this function. Implementing it separately was considered not worthwhile endeavour given that few use this function
  • the board is similar to this year model but had to be customized for our TV
  • it has 3 HDMI inputs unlike previous 4
  • WebOS looks nice but I could not see useful added functionality. definitely the selection of apps is just as limited
  • you lose all settings. if you calibrated your set make sure to record them.
  • in Netflix House of Cards and Breaking Bad show up as UltraHD 4K. the former looks great but with the 1st season of the latter I nave doubts if it js that much better then upscaled blu-ray. I have not tried 4k youtube videos yet.
now I will have to upgrade all remaining components of my video setup to 4k
Recording the calibration really dosent work. Because of the new chip and the newer operating system.
The LG tech copied all the settings and it looked really bad. So I had to have
It recalibrated.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Epson V11h475020 318 Inches Powerlite Home Cinema 710 Hd 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Vsx 21txh 71 Av Receiver , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page