Official LG 84LM9600 (Ultra HD 4K) Owners' Thread - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

Old 01-19-2016, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Unhappy Lg 84lm960v

Hello,

I have also LG 84LM960V. I am from Estonia. I want this 4K upgrade kit. Can anyone help me to find this product?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am seeing a lot of discussions elsewhere about HDR technology. Can anyone answer me if this TV (after the upgrade) is capable of displaying HDR or is that another new technology?.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andykard View Post
I am seeing a lot of discussions elsewhere about HDR technology. Can anyone answer me if this TV (after the upgrade) is capable of displaying HDR or is that another new technology?.
I believe HDR requires different LCD panels so no.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozan View Post
Hi,

If it's not too late for good news, i've just upgraded my LG 84LM960V (Europe Version) with 4K Upgrade Kit last week. The features are great and it differs from US 4K Upgrade Kit. Please find photos before and after installation.
Hi
can't tell in your photo but do you know what the TFT panel model is?

we have a 84WS70MS commercial monitor which LG say can't be upgraded but I'm wondering if the TFT panel is the same and its just the higher bright back light that's the difference it should work. Hopefully....

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2016, 10:20 AM

Liked: 10
Sorry if this question has already been answered. Is the LG 84LM9600 / 84LM960V a 10-bit panel without HDR?
Old 02-29-2016, 02:03 PM

Just received my Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD bluray play and my 1st 4K disk (Fantastic 4). In order to play the disk you have to connect the player to the 84LM-9600s HDMI 1 port. You then get a message from the TV that there is an HDMI mismatch because this port does not support Deep Color. If you connect the player to HDMI 2 which does support deep color you get another message saying this port is not HDCP 2.2 compatible so it will be viewed at 1080p.
So it seems you can only watch 4K disks on HDMI 1 without deep color. I'm pretty certain the specs of the player said it supported deep color. I'm not sure why LG decided to spread the features over 2 ports or at least make both ports HDCP 2.2 compliant.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Deep Color does not work on HDMI port 1 (which is HDCP 2.2 compliant)

Quote:
Just received my Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD bluray play and my 1st 4K disk (Fantastic 4). In order to play the disk you have to connect the player to the 84LM-9600s HDMI 1 port. You then get a message from the TV that there is an HDMI mismatch because this port does not support Deep Color. If you connect the player to HDMI 2 which does support deep color you get another message saying this port is not HDCP 2.2 compatible so it will be viewed at 1080p.
So it seems you can only watch 4K disks on HDMI 1 without deep color. I'm pretty certain the specs of the player said it supported deep color. I'm not sure why LG decided to spread the features over 2 ports or at least make both ports HDCP 2.2 compliant.
I experienced the same, Port 1 is HDCP 2.2 which is required to watch 4K blu-rays using the Samsung UBD-K8500, however Deep Color does not work on port 1.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:42 AM

Ultra-HD upgrade kit

Had the ultra-hd upgrade kit fitted to my 84LM9600 recently. They had to program in a false model number to force the software updates, so mine is now a 55UB850V on the menu, running software 05.00.70 (webOS 1.4.0).

Can anyone who has had the upgrade kit fitted please let me know if this tallies with their setup? I was reading a press release from LG offering all webOS 1 owners a free upgrade to webOS 2 and now wonder if we can get webOS 2.0+ on these upgraded boards
Old 04-03-2016, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
I wonder if this can be corrected with a software/firmware upgrade? I'm having the same issue...

AV stuff here
Old 04-04-2016, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlight View Post
I wonder if this can be corrected with a software/firmware upgrade? I'm having the same issue...
I did contact LG on this issue and they said there was nothing they could do about it at this time. I've been reading quite a few of the posts on the Samsung UBD K8500 forum and most people recommend keeping deep color off as no discs at the moment are produced with deep color, but it does seem odd. I think HDMI 2 is meant for gaming and games apparently are produced with deep color so maybe that's why they did it that way.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:38 PM

According to the manual, my 84LA9800 can play HEVC video, however, only with the extension of .ts.

I've tried few HEVC video that encoded by myself, which are all with .mp4, and does't work.

I recently download few LG samples, they are HEVC codec, and with .ts, 25.9Mb/s bit rate. Those video works well on my TV. However, I have absolutely no idea how can I make such video by myself. e.g. This one

http://demo-uhd3d.com/fiche.php?cat=uhd&id=116

Anyone know which software can I use to encode / export such video? I am a Mac user, but have Windows to run any software as well. Million thanks in advance!
Old 06-06-2016, 06:43 AM

I have the upgraded LG 84LM9600 and I can play HEVC mp4 and mkv extension files from a hard drive connected through a usb port on my tv. I think I downloaded most of my HEVC demo files, I use Nero Vision for 3840x2160 mp4 files but not sure if its H265 or just H264. I know BDRebuilder has an H265 encoding capability but I have never tried it. I did find however that the file had to be 3840x2160 for the TV to play them, there are some slightly higher resolutions available for UHD camcorders and the TV would not play them, that's when I used Nero Vision to downsize to 3840x2160 mp4 and then they played with no problem.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:16 PM

All, 84lm960v owner here, I found out only today about the existence of an upgrade kit, which really pleasantly surprised me since I was already looking around to upgrade to the 84ub980v model.. which is quite expensive obviously.
I mailed LG's customer care today. I hope they'll bring me positive news.

I'm just wondering, anyone here from the Netherlands? Or from a European country? I just wanna know what my chances of success are.. Cheers
Old 06-12-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozan View Post
Hi,

If it's not too late for good news, i've just upgraded my LG 84LM960V (Europe Version) with 4K Upgrade Kit last week. The features are great and it differs from US 4K Upgrade Kit. Please find photos before and after installation.
I'm just wondering if you can share the part number with us? It's probably on the front or back of the instruction manual or perhaps on a receipt or something. It would greatly help me in my 84lm960v upgrade path Thanks so much..
Old 06-16-2016, 08:18 AM

All, I tweeted LG Netherlands about this and they actually sent me the upgrade kit for free. Amazing service.. You bet I'm gonna buy myself an LG TV next time, wow.
Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just wanted to get on an post, I was having some problems with my TV. Had it three years, and it appears the Panel is dying. Good to know, I contacted LG, and they said they would do a courtesy repair, without me even asking. So they are replacing the whole panel. They are also going to do the 4K upgrade at the same time.
Old Today, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsj View Post
Just wanted to get on an post, I was having some problems with my TV. Had it three years, and it appears the Panel is dying. Good to know, I contacted LG, and they said they would do a courtesy repair, without me even asking. So they are replacing the whole panel. They are also going to do the 4K upgrade at the same time.
Hi RobinsJ,

Sorry to hear about your panel. I've also had my set for 3 years (July 2013) and I have noticed a small white line at the bottom left of the screen. Can only see it during light scenes. What issues are you having exactly?

I guess I will be calling them also. I also want to get the upgrade.
Old Today, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well mine was pretty bad, the screen basically split itself in half, the top half was pretty normal, but the bottom half looked like a film negative, and appeared like everything is moving in slow motion also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Epson V11h475020 318 Inches Powerlite Home Cinema 710 Hd 720p 3lcd Home Theater Projector , Oppo Bdp 103 3d Blu Ray Player , Pioneer Elite Vsx 21txh 71 Av Receiver , Lg Electronics 84lm9600 84 Inch Uhd 4k , Klipsch Reference Series Rf 82