Official 2013 Sony R550A series TVs (KDL-xxR550A) --- 50", 60", and 70" - Page 109 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #3241 of 4209 Old 12-04-2013, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoglog View Post

Read a few posts above. We resolved a lot of the clouding with screen massaging. Think of it as massaging a cow. Massage those white spots... mooo

Has the "massaging the screen" really helped out? Maybe I will try it on my old Toshiba first, although I think it has a different issue.

Hmmm, maybe I will buy another Sony R550 just to try and give the massage technique a go! :) Kinda seems insane to have to massage a brand new TV to get good PQ :)

JefferyMichael likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 4209 Old 12-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy69 View Post

Has the "massaging the screen" really helped out? Maybe I will try it on my old Toshiba first, although I think it has a different issue.
Hmmm, maybe I will buy another Sony R550 just to try and give the massage technique a go! smile.gif Kinda seems insane to have to massage a brand new TV to get good PQ smile.gif

Quite honestly it has. It has not fixed the corner flash lighting but I don't have all the clouds all through the screen like the first image I uploaded. It makes it from unbearable to bearable.

Is it as uniform as my NX810? nope
post #3243 of 4209 Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

Do plasmas still have a burn-in issue like the older versions? In general they are not as bright as LEDs, but if they have less issues, I may think about it. Burn in worries me tho...

If anything, late-model Panasonic PDPs seem to be more susceptible to Image Retention (IR) and Burn-In (BI). CNET's accidental burn-in test (link below) speaks for itself.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57449881-221/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/
post #3244 of 4209 Old 12-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 39
Quote:

Thanks for posting! can you show a picture how you stuck it on the back as well. My TV isn't wall mounted so I wonder if I should just put one strip straight across the top and one straight across the bottom.

It's difficult to take a picture with the TV being so close to the wall. I affixed the light strip about 5" from the edge (perimeter if you will) of the TV, bending each strip in a right angle, each strip covering either side of the TV. Before I stuck it on with the included adhesive, I just temporarily taped it on with scotch tape to make sure the lighting was reasonably close to what I wanted. If I had to do it again, I would most likely have stuck the top strip about 1" deeper into the TV, and angled the lights on the sides so that the bottom gradually moved closer to the edge, to compensate for the tilt of my TV.

You can definitely try placing two horizontal strips in parallel and see if the dispersion of the light works. It's takes a bit of trial and error, depending on the TV's distance from the wall. Even the wall colour plays a role. Only stick it on with the adhesive backing once you're sure the placement is correct.
post #3245 of 4209 Old 12-04-2013, 07:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I can't say anything about the massaging - I've not done it, but then I never needed to. I bought our 60" set at hh gregg, and when they had none in stock, they opted to deliver it to us at no cost. It turned out that their warehouse was less than 5 miles from our house.

The next day the truck arrived as promised, and the guys brought our set in. It was sanding upright in the truck - it remained upright in the foyer our house where it was inspected - and it remains upright to this day on its stand in our family room. And we have no issues with clouding, even on the darkest screens.

I'm reading stories and seeing pictures of TVs laying flat to fit in car decks, and I have to wonder if a lot of these issues that people are having are caused by how the set was stored, delivered, or transported.

From my own anecdotal data, non-scientific though it might be, I just have to question whether the positioning of the TV in transport is an issue.

Harry
post #3246 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 01:53 AM

Liked: 10

Hi all,

First, a big thank you to the OP and everyone who has contributed to this thread and to the settings spreadsheet. This discussion was an incredibly useful source of information for me when considering whether to buy the R550A. The first-hand experiences recounted here are invaluable and there's no other way to get them. You have inspired me to join avsforums and post my experience.

I bought the 70-inch R550A a few weeks ago. I live in Australia, so I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid! After a few weeks living with this TV, my conclusion is that it performs very well when it is fed good source material. I have had lots of occasions where a scene in a movie, TV show, or even a game has caused me to stop and think "wow, that looks really nice". The PQ on the set has drawn lots of positive comments from visitors to the house too. Standard definition TV and low quality internet video do not look so great on this set. The size just serves to magnify the imperfections in such signals. I play lots of games and I have found the input lag (in game mode) to be very good. I also have no complaints about the set's colour reproduction.

However, like many of you, I have had some trouble with the R550A. I had to send my first set back due to a significant difference in the brightness between the top half of the panel (brighter) and the bottom half (darker). There was a distinct boundary between the two halves of the screen which drew the eye whenever a solid colour was displayed or when the scene panned - particularly up or down. I swapped that set out for a new one and I am now very pleased. I have just a little cloudiness on dark screens now, but nothing that is distracting.

If anything, the 70-incher might be a bit big for my space: it subtends approx 30 degrees of arc when viewed from the couch. But I wanted to err on the big side this time around and so far, I'm glad I did. What is the visual angle of others' sets from their regular viewing spot?

Through this thread I have discovered the marvel that is bias lighting. I know that lots of people use LED strips, as mentioned above. But can a regular compact fluorescent lamp behind the TV produce a good result?

Thanks again one and all.  

post #3247 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

Quote:

confirmed this as well. Which makes it perfect to use for powering the antec bias lighting!

It just so happens that a local computer store had the Antec bias lighting kit in stock, so I went ahead and bought a couple of them earlier today. I attached the two in an upside-down U pattern: along the top and the sides. Here's the result after installation:

With the lights on:

Since my TV is tilted down, it looks brighter on the top than the sides (increased distance for the light to spread). The tilt also makes it impractical to attach the strip along the bottom, since the TV is just about touching the wall (the TV being much thicker along this area doesn't help, either). The lighting looks uneven in the photo, but it isn't really an issue in person. I do think that it may be a tad too bright, however. I might use transparent/translucent tape and tape it over the lights to dim them a bit. With my old setup, my TV was about 11" from the wall on a hybrid stand, and I used fluorescent strip lights attached to the mounting brackets, and I was able to get a more uniform backlight:

No, actually, that looks like a good amount of light.  I suggest a brighter bias light than most people have.  Most folks seem to be content with a thin halo of light around the panel (which to me does next to nothing), and the best effects I've gotten have been when the entire wall glows a little.  In my case, I go overboard, but I may be tuning that down soon (not much time for experiments these days).

Zoglog likes this.

Well vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, was banned for silly reasons. And now vinnie_RIP is banned as well. The mark of an inexperienced moderator is to forget that their role is one of resource, not one of petulant authority and further that the members are doing the forum organization a favor by being here, not the other way around. They know darn well they screwed up here.
post #3248 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WurstEver View Post

Through this thread I have discovered the marvel that is bias lighting. I know that lots of people use LED strips, as mentioned above. But can a regular compact fluorescent lamp behind the TV produce a good result?

Thanks for the kind words.  You're welcome!

Yep to the light!  Be careful of course.  I am using a 25 watt small clear vanity bulb plugged into an outlet strip currently (until I have time to come up with a more elegant solution).  Don't go nutty trying to match color temperatures though---it's absurd overkill.  If anything, the often suggested 6500° is way too blue a light against a white wall for me.

Well vinnie97, one of the kindest and most helpful and respected members here, was banned for silly reasons. And now vinnie_RIP is banned as well. The mark of an inexperienced moderator is to forget that their role is one of resource, not one of petulant authority and further that the members are doing the forum organization a favor by being here, not the other way around. They know darn well they screwed up here.
post #3249 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi all,

First, a big thank you to the OP and everyone who has contributed to this thread and to the settings spreadsheet. This discussion was an incredibly useful source of information for me when considering whether to buy the R550A. The first-hand experiences recounted here are invaluable and there's no other way to get them. You have inspired me to join avsforums and post my experience.

I bought the 70-inch R550A a few weeks ago. I live in Australia, so I'm embarrassed to say how much I paid! After a few weeks living with this TV, my conclusion is that it performs very well when it is fed good source material. I have had lots of occasions where a scene in a movie, TV show, or even a game has caused me to stop and think "wow, that looks really nice". The PQ on the set has drawn lots of positive comments from visitors to the house too. Standard definition TV and low quality internet video do not look so great on this set. The size just serves to magnify the imperfections in such signals. I play lots of games and I have found the input lag (in game mode) to be very good. I also have no complaints about the set's colour reproduction.

However, like many of you, I have had some trouble with the R550A. I had to send my first set back due to a significant difference in the brightness between the top half of the panel (brighter) and the bottom half (darker). There was a distinct boundary between the two halves of the screen which drew the eye whenever a solid colour was displayed or when the scene panned - particularly up or down. I swapped that set out for a new one and I am now very pleased. I have just a little cloudiness on dark screens now, but nothing that is distracting.

If anything, the 70-incher might be a bit big for my space: it subtends approx 30 degrees of arc when viewed from the couch. But I wanted to err on the big side this time around and so far, I'm glad I did. What is the visual angle of others' sets from their regular viewing spot?

Thanks again one and all.  

Hello and welcome to AVS smile.gif

With a TV this size, it definitely needs to be fed high quality source content to look its best, especially when sitting relatively close to the screen. Both good and bad aspects of an image are magnified and become very apparent to the eye. My viewing distance when seated is close to 9' (from eye-level to the center of the screen), working out to about a 32° viewing angle, which I quite like. Increased immersion when watching movies at home was what I was looking for. Having 'massaged' the cloudiness out of the TV, I'm quite pleased with how the TV looks now.

As for bias lighting, you can pretty much use any light source, as long as you're pleased with the final results. The limiting factor is how much space you have to work with behind the TV, for the most part (and, of course, WAF/aesthetics). Mine's wall-mounted, which gave me less than 2" of space to work with, hence the LED route. If it wasn't for this constraint, I would've used the existing lighting I had for my old TV (pictured below). Technically, the bias light is supposed to be a very specific colour temperature, and calibrated to output about 10% of the TV's peak white level. But in a home environment, I would only use these as very rough guidelines. Reducing eye strain and increasing perceived contrast/black levels are very real benefits which can be easily achieved with just about any type of DIY solution.

post #3250 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

No, actually, that looks like a good amount of light.  I suggest a brighter bias light than most people have.  Most folks seem to be content with a thin halo of light around the panel (which to me does next to nothing), and the best effects I've gotten have been when the entire wall glows a little.  In my case, I go overboard, but I may be tuning that down soon (not much time for experiments these days).

I think you're right... after watching a few demo scenes last night, I'm happy with the amount of light generated. My main concern was that the bias light being too bright that it would become distracting (it isn't). I also like that the room is sufficiently illuminated that I can see where I'm going and not trip over my cats!

I would also like to thank you for starting this thread... I pretty much read through it from top to bottom before finally deciding to take the plunge and getting one, feeling that I was making a reasonably informed purchase smile.gif
post #3251 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbowm View Post

Quote:

Do plasmas still have a burn-in issue like the older versions? In general they are not as bright as LEDs, but if they have less issues, I may think about it. Burn in worries me tho...

If anything, late-model Panasonic PDPs seem to be more susceptible to Image Retention (IR) and Burn-In (BI). CNET's accidental burn-in test (link below) speaks for itself.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57449881-221/samsung-plasma-wins-cnets-accidental-burn-in-test/

That burn in test doesn't establish a trend in them getting worse; I'm not sure why you say this.  It's comparing across manufacturers, not time.

post #3252 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think you're right... after watching a few demo scenes last night, I'm happy with the amount of light generated. My main concern was that the bias light being too bright that it would become distracting (it isn't). I also like that the room is sufficiently illuminated that I can see where I'm going and not trip over my cats!

I would also like to thank you for starting this thread... I pretty much read through it from top to bottom before finally deciding to take the plunge and getting one, feeling that I was making a reasonably informed purchase smile.gif

Glad it helped.  There have been a ton of quality posts from folks over the months.

Please be sure to take a look at the settings spreadsheet.  I put links to them in the first post.  I've shut off the editable one though...policing it was difficult.  But there's a great sampling there.  Also, consider printing out the blank one I supply as well.  It'll help you record the settings as you experiment.  There is nothing worse than having a great combination of settings that you forgot and can't quite seem to get back.

post #3253 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 08:57 AM

Liked: 28
Quote:

Glad it helped.  There have been a ton of quality posts from folks over the months.

Please be sure to take a look at the settings spreadsheet.  I put links to them in the first post.  I've shut off the editable one though...policing it was difficult.  But there's a great sampling there.  Also, consider printing out the blank one I supply as well.  It'll help you record the settings as you experiment.  There is nothing worse than having a great combination of settings that you forgot and can't quite seem to get back.

Also if you've found settings that you like which are way different than the ones posted on the spreadsheet, please share!
post #3254 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlopho View Post

Quote:

Also if you've found settings that you like which are way different than the ones posted on the spreadsheet, please share!

I'll have to enter those by hand.  Say something like "I use bowlopho's except I have backlight at 4 and mumumble set to auto2" (or whatever).

post #3255 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

Did you enable HDMI sync on the PS4? http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/devicelink.html

Yes.

The OSD displays PS4 for the input I'm using and I double and triple checked.

Just yesterday, I pressed off in the TV Remote and Only the TV Turned Off. The PS4 stayed On. So something is flaky. Wondering if it could be the cheap cable included in the PS4?

I like that bias lighting. Did you guys get two of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HGN2001 View Post

I'm reading stories and seeing pictures of TVs laying flat to fit in car decks, and I have to wonder if a lot of these issues that people are having are caused by how the set was stored, delivered, or transported.

From my own anecdotal data, non-scientific though it might be, I just have to question whether the positioning of the TV in transport is an issue.

Harry

Same exact though went thru my mind .
Quote:

Hi all,

First, a big thank you to the OP and everyone who has contributed to this thread and to the settings spreadsheet. This discussion was an incredibly useful source of information for me when considering whether to buy the R550A. The first-hand experiences recounted here are invaluable and there's no other way to get them.

+1.

Quote:

While not widespread IMO, there are some users experiencing IR and Burn-In in the Panasonic ST60 thread. Since I play video games and watch too much College Football on the weekends, I did not want to take the risk nor be too mindful about the content I watch and settled on the R550A. Also seems like IR/Burn-in reported happens to some users after the return period has expired while the clouding and other issues with LCD can be seen on arrival.
post #3256 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Just got my 60R550A installed on the wall last night. So far so good. Question: other than the two 3D channels that I located among the applications in SEN menu, where else do I find 3D programming? I am on TWC Cable, and I had to disconnect my PS3 as my wife prohibited 'more wires' so I am relying strictly on the sources available through the TV's network capabilities. I discovered already that TWC discontinued the 3D programming. What is the point of selling more and more 3D tvs if the programming is lacking?

Never Say Never
post #3257 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutic View Post

Just got my 60R550A installed on the wall last night. So far so good. Question: other than the two 3D channels that I located among the applications in SEN menu, where else do I find 3D programming? I am on TWC Cable, and I had to disconnect my PS3 as my wife prohibited 'more wires' so I am relying strictly on the sources available through the TV's network capabilities. I discovered already that TWC discontinued the 3D programming. What is the point of selling more and more 3D tvs if the programming is lacking?

netflix has 3d content if your cable company is on the list for superhd content Also, TWC probably discountinued their 3d programming because it takes a lot of bandwidth to stream these movies. Also, not everyone wants to wear glasses to watch everything. it's fun to bust it out once and a while, but it definitely will not become the norm.

look up turtle tale, i show everyone the clip somewhere between 2-5min. after the turtle climbs out of their eggs and gets picked up by the flying birds.
post #3258 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

netflix has 3d content if your cable company is on the list for superhd content Also, TWC probably discountinued their 3d programming because it takes a lot of bandwidth to stream these movies. Also, not everyone wants to wear glasses to watch everything. it's fun to bust it out once and a while, but it definitely will not become the norm.

look up turtle tale, i show everyone the clip somewhere between 2-5min. after the turtle climbs out of their eggs and gets picked up by the flying birds.

Thank you for pointing out Netflix. I was under the impression that Netfix 3d only works on few selected Samsung brand 3d tvs, and not on Sonys. I will check it out when I come home after work.

Never Say Never
post #3259 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:

I've been considering getting that same antec bias lighting strip. I have my 50R550A in an ikea tv unit and it is mounted on dark brown panels in this unit. From what I've read the bias lighting is really only effective on a light or white background. Would it be worth it to purchase this bias lighting unit for a dark background, or will I have to look at changing the panel colour to make it worthwhile. Thanks...

post #3260 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 04:15 PM

How's the 3D on the TV?

Debating between this model and W802A.

My main concern is a HATE ghosting...does this TV do that?
post #3261 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM

Hi All,

I bought the 70" 550a last week, but have been having quite a bit of trouble with it. While I have not gotten to try 3D, the 2D experience has been less than impressive. The color looks great, but there is a remarkable amount of stuttering/artifacting to been seen from all sources. I have tried everything from YouTube to Blu-Ray. While it is much better on Blu-Ray Movies than on Netflix streaming, it is still present. I will try to get pictures uploaded to show what I am trying to explain, but it is simply pretty noticeable stuttering/ghosting and artifacting around movement (Cars driving quickly across the screen, someone jogging down stairs quickly, someone waving etc).

I don't think this is a defect, as some of the reviews I have dug up in the last day or two cite incidents that could be related to what I am talking about, but nothing spot on. My question is, does anyone else suffer from these symptoms, or is that simply what one should expect with a $1500 70" TV? I have tinkered with the motion and picture settings, but have not been able to eliminate the problem. I am not very happy with the quality, so if there is nothing that can be done about these issues, I fear I may be best off putting a bit more money with it and buying a Samsung 6400/7100/8500.

Any advice or opinions for you guys is very welcome and appreciated!

Thank you all in advance
post #3262 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post

How's the 3D on the TV?

Debating between this model and W802A.

My main concern is a HATE ghosting...does this TV do that?

3D is awesome. everyone I know which an 2011/2012 LG / Samsung are amazed by the 3D on my TV.

my buddy just picked up the 65" samsung un65f7100. I'll have to compare my 3d with his some time and see how it stacks up
post #3263 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnle View Post

Hi All,

I bought the 70" 550a last week, but have been having quite a bit of trouble with it. While I have not gotten to try 3D, the 2D experience has been less than impressive. The color looks great, but there is a remarkable amount of stuttering/artifacting to been seen from all sources. I have tried everything from YouTube to Blu-Ray. While it is much better on Blu-Ray Movies than on Netflix streaming, it is still present. I will try to get pictures uploaded to show what I am trying to explain, but it is simply pretty noticeable stuttering/ghosting and artifacting around movement (Cars driving quickly across the screen, someone jogging down stairs quickly, someone waving etc).

I don't think this is a defect, as some of the reviews I have dug up in the last day or two cite incidents that could be related to what I am talking about, but nothing spot on. My question is, does anyone else suffer from these symptoms, or is that simply what one should expect with a $1500 70" TV? I have tinkered with the motion and picture settings, but have not been able to eliminate the problem. I am not very happy with the quality, so if there is nothing that can be done about these issues, I fear I may be best off putting a bit more money with it and buying a Samsung 6400/7100/8500.

Thank you all in advance
try turning your picture setting

Motionflow OFF
CineMotion OFF

or

Motionflow standard
CineMotion AUTO 2

when it's the below, it's the worst and you'll notice all the stuttering
Motionflow HIGH
CineMotion AUTO 1
post #3264 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:

3D is awesome. everyone I know which an 2011/2012 LG / Samsung are amazed by the 3D on my TV.

my buddy just picked up the 65" samsung un65f7100. I'll have to compare my 3d with his some time and see how it stacks up
I currently have the M Series 50 inch Vizio.

But I'm able to get an amazing deal on the 50" through work on the R550A.

Is the backlight bleeding as bad as everyone is saying?

I can also get the W900A or W802...just wondering which one is best from all the reviews!
post #3265 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnle View Post

Hi All,

Thank you all in advance
try turning your picture setting

Motionflow OFF
CineMotion OFF

or

Motionflow standard
CineMotion AUTO 2

when it's the below, it's the worst and you'll notice all the stuttering
Motionflow HIGH
CineMotion AUTO 1

I remember you saying this before.  I get stuttering when MF and CM are turned off.  When MF is raised to anything (including low), it goes away.  I believe that it's engaging not only the interpolation (bringing it to 120), but also the pulse technology (bringing it to 240).

post #3266 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoejohndoes View Post

I currently have the M Series 50 inch Vizio.

But I'm able to get an amazing deal on the 50" through work on the R550A.

Is the backlight bleeding as bad as everyone is saying?

I can also get the W900A or W802...just wondering which one is best from all the reviews!

Mine is pretty much perfect. A few others I'm here have pretty much perfect sets as well. I'm sure a lot of people have perfect sets that aren't on forums and review sites . Probably just as many perfect sets as there are not so perfect sets. Maybe more maybe less.
post #3267 of 4209 Old 12-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Mine is pretty much perfect. A few others I'm here have pretty much perfect sets as well. I'm sure a lot of people have perfect sets that aren't on forums and review sites . Probably just as many perfect sets as there are not so perfect sets. Maybe more maybe less.

Don't say that... makes me want to return my set for an exchange and that sounds like a pain in the ass lol.

1463168_10151819054724142_1527333856_n.jpg

Installed the bias lighting kit since it came in today. 1 was enough it seems like because my tv is 2 feet away from the rear wall. I like it since it seems to mute some of the corner flashlighting
post #3268 of 4209 Old 12-06-2013, 05:06 AM

I'm thinking either 60r550a or 55w804a.in term of pq,which one is better?
post #3269 of 4209 Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 AM

How's the 3D on this TV?
post #3270 of 4209 Old 12-06-2013, 07:14 AM

Liked: 17
The 3D is pretty good. But if you have a bad clouding/backlight/flashlight issue, the 3D looks horrid during dark scenes. So movies like Tron or the Hobbit can be absolutely ruined in 3D. Whereas, animated flicks, which usually have very little true blacks scenes look pretty spectacular. If you get this set with even a minor clouding issue you'll want to send it right back, since this issue ruins the overall PQ and that really is unacceptable to me.

I got the set last night. I saw the issue immediately and started to panic. Tried reconfiguring and calibrating, which did little to nothing to eliminate the problem. I then read about the massage technique and gave it a try. What is odd is it spread out the issue, but did not eliminate it. I will give it a go tonight again and see if it helps.

I did lay the TV flat in my van when transporting. That being said, it was stored that way at Costco, so didn't think it would matter. This got me to thinking that caused the problem. So I might return it and and try transporting it upright. See if that makes any difference.

TIL ALL ARE ONE
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdl 60r550a 60 Inch 120hz 1080p Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl 50r550a 50 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv , Sony Kdl 70r550a 70 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page