Official 2013 Sony R550A series TVs (KDL-xxR550A) --- 50", 60", and 70" - Page 143 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4261 of 4262 Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I may have misrepresented what I received from Sony. Upon receipt of the recertified TV, the warranty would be extended to two years from the date I purchased the original TV. I purchased my original back in August 2013. My first replacement was received in February 2014 with the warranty good until July/August 2015.

You may not necessarily find a written statement stating two year warranties for recerts. However, this is apparently a policy they have in place for replacement TVs.

Yes, perhaps I should have pushed for the 850B but I wasn't sure whether I'd get a recert or brand new. I reckon the 850B would have been a recert. At this point, I'd rather have a brand new than a recert.

We'll see how it goes once I receive the 630.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4262 Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
here in mexico not only did they want to change out the panel on my bad 550 that i only had for seven months with a refurnished screen they would not offer me the opportunity to buy the extended warranty nor were they giving me an extension on my warranty

i agree that you should not take the recertification tv unless they give you some five years warranty or something.

that recert couldve been someones bad set that was facing the ocean salt air everyday or a store demo running 12 hours a day everyday for the last nine months
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdl 60r550a 60 Inch 120hz 1080p Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl 50r550a 50 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv , Sony Kdl 70r550a 70 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 50r550a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page