Official 2013 Sony R550A series TVs (KDL-xxR550A) --- 50", 60", and 70" - Page 148 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #4411 of 4418 Old 01-18-2016, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2255 Post(s)
Liked: 2095
Ok, guys, I started this thread years ago, and I did a ton of research and even I can't find out or remember:

Are the R550A's able to do 1080p60 at 4:4:4?

If not, is there a refresh or resolution where it can do 4:4:4?

Thanks!

---------Thought #AUY----------
Data is not Information
Information is not Knowledge
Knowledge is not Wisdom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 4418 Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My KDL-70R550A developed a nice blob. I have extended warranty through Sony and they are sending me a replacement. At first it was a KDL-70W830B but they called me back and when I got with them they said that they didn't have any more so instead they are sending me a KDL-75W850C. I have no idea if it is going to be refurbished or what but most reviews online are good so I'm not complaining about getting bigger screen size. Also, they say my extended warranty will continue through its end date even with this replacement (another 2 years or so).

So now I will need to move to a different thread on here - again. I came to this thread after buying the 550A to replace a 60" Sony that had died. Hopefully screen/color settings and other info will be as good in other thread as it has been in this thread.
post #4413 of 4418 Old 03-10-2016, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveendicott View Post
So now I will need to move to a different thread on here - again. I came to this thread after buying the 550A to replace a 60" Sony that had died. Hopefully screen/color settings and other info will be as good in other thread as it has been in this thread.
Well, I wish you well with the new model! And if you're referring to the centralized settings I had set up, then thanks for the mention and I'm glad it helped!

Data is not Information
Knowledge is not Wisdom
post #4414 of 4418 Old 04-21-2016, 05:31 PM

Liked: 0
Hello, I have this TV and was very happy with it, however I recently got a problem with it. Yesterday I turned on my TV and noticed the screen was divided by an horizontal line, the bottom half of the screen is shifting up and down by about 4 pixels constantly. Upon closer inspection I have noticed there are 2 rows of pixels "misplaced", I can clearly notice they belong to rows further down.

Anyone here have any experience with this kind of issue ? I'm looking for some solid info before going with the technician so he doesn't try to rip me off.

If the Panel is at fault I will pretty much have to suck it up and live with it, but it happens to be something cheaper I will definitely have it fixed.

I took a quick video where you can see the issue:
youtube.com /watch?v=4rD7dW0G1Tg

Things I did already:
-Power Cycle.
-Factory Reset.
-Set various resolutions via VGA+PC, the issue remains in the very same places and rows of pixels.
-Plugged in the TV to several different power outlets.
-Gently tapped the bezel.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
post #4415 of 4418 Old 04-21-2016, 05:32 PM

Here is the link, since I wasn't able to post it in the previous post because of forum restrictions
post #4416 of 4418 Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidanS View Post
Hi everyone,

I have a KDL -50R550A which is around 14 months old. Yesterday just 2 months after the manufacturer's warranty has expired, horizontal lines appeared between the middle and the lower third of the screen. The lower third of the screen (area under these lines) is constantly shifting up and down and this occurs every few seconds.
The area below the line is 2 seconds normal and then the next 2 seconds I have interlaced image. This process repeats every 2 seconds and affects everything in that area of the screen (capitations, on screen menu etc.).
Did anyone experience similar issue? I want to figure out if this is fixable or it’s a panel issue. I’ve attached some pictures.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thanks!
This looks almost like what is happening with my KDL50R550A, except I only get the shifting. did you ever get it fixed?
post #4417 of 4418 Old 05-30-2016, 05:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Within the past several weeks, I've noticed in increase in the occurrence of temporary stuck pixels on my 70R550A. What I mean by this is, I will be watching a program on cable TV, and quite randomly, a pixel will turn all white. If I change the channel, the stuck pixel goes away. This is now happening a couple of times a day, whereas it used to happen very infrequently, if ever. This does not happen with blu-ray content, console gaming, or streaming videos from my PC.

I'm wondering if this is indicative of some type of issue with the panel itself, or if it's an issue with some other component in my display chain - FYI my cable box is connected to my Oppo (which I use as a scaler/de-interlacer), which in turn is connected to my AVR (which performs no video processing) and finally connected to my TV.
post #4418 of 4418 Old 06-03-2016, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure if someone duplicated this previously, but the Sony [60]R550A is showing 4:4:4 compatibility (at least from a USB file).

I haven't yet done the 4:4:4 test through the HDMI pipeline, which is free to be intercepted by a 4:2:0 algorithm within the TV, though unlikely.

If someone else has tested the latter, please let me know.

Data is not Information
Knowledge is not Wisdom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdl 60r550a 60 Inch 120hz 1080p Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl 50r550a 50 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv , Sony Kdl 70r550a 70 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page