Official 2013 Sony R550A series TVs (KDL-xxR550A) --- 50", 60", and 70" - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1171 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp06011999 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooks Carter View Post

I don't get what Panasonic is doing with regards to number of inputs at all!...they made lower end plasmas years ago that have more inputs than their newer models due! Samsclub has the 65" Panasonic S64 plasma for $1300 I would jump on that in a heart beat except for the fact that it only has 2 HDMI's and 1 component, and having a receiver and all that doesn't work for me. I personally refuse to buy anything Samsung if I can help it due to anything of theirs I've owned ends up having issues or breaks, and I like LG however I don't care for their tiny selection this year. Which unfortunately means I have to look at LED/LCD sets.

In my theater room my projector only has one HDMI input and my av receiver has none. I like being able to display a different image from the sound (like NFL is on the screen, but have music playing) so I don't replace my av receiver with a new one with HDMI inputs. So, I use a high quality HDMI switcher from Belkin. I've done three theater set ups like this now with the Belkin switcher and they all work flawlessly.

I know, I know. It still is no excuse for the manufacturers to not give us more HDMI inputs, but I just wanted to give you another option. A guy on the Vizio thread had mentioned that I could just buy a cheap BD player to access my Netflix app instead of paying $600 more for this Sony. He's correct and I would if I had any faith that the Vizio would not break after the warranty.

And while we're at it, why don't ALL the flat panels have down facing connections? Really? They make a display designed to fit on a wall and then they give you connections that face straight back instead of down? Engineers; we love 'em almost as much as we hate 'em.

Also, I absolutely love my Panasonic plasma. But plasmas create too much heat for my particular situation and I need a 70 inch screen without breaking the bank.

Heat is unlikely an issue any longer---seriously, that's not wishful thinking.  They're not 600 watt lightbulbs any longer.  Take a look at the average wattage draw.  That's more or less the bottom line on heat.

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1172 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgm1024 View Post

Thanks for that laugh you gave me with your last line.  HAHA....

You're welcomed. I'll be here all week. Tip your help and try the veal. It's amazing. haha
Quote:

Please relax: and DON'T make that mistake prematurely....Even with a TV made by God: no matter WHAT forum you read about it, it will collect the problems.  You're not getting a non-weighted sample population here!

ABSOLUTELY! People aren't posting on these boards because they are the happy ones too busy watching their awesome sets. Remember that these boards are loaded full of "those people" - those people who are generally hard to please, critical as all get up, looking to see if others have the same negative take on a device that they do. It's really a support group for "Hard To Please" folks. And not that there's anything wrong with that at all - I am one! Just know where you're at. If you visit boards like this and hear good information about devices people own then you should ask, "Why are you here and not watching it then." lol

Honestly, I posted like crazy on here when I first got my Mits HC3800 projector and all it's problems. Then suddenly I stopped. Why? Because I was so busy watching it after the problems were fixed. Just keep that in mind. We a bunch of haters. (again, I'll be here all week, try the veal, tip your help and remember to laugh)
post #1173 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Keep in mind something else too folks.

Unless you can afford it---It's really not a great time to buy an expensive (fluid term) TV.  SOOOOOOO many gaming changing things on the immediate horizon (by immediate I mean 2014-2017).

• IGZO
  • OLED
  • otherLED
  • Rec. 2020
  • Glasses Free 3D (<---seriously...possible)
  • HMD
  • Moth Eye

.....and so on.....

So, think in terms of TVs that you can live comfortably with.  Not the way we used to think in terms of TVs: something that we can enjoy a decade.

Grow milkweed. The Monarch Butterfly requires it, and its numbers are dwindling fast.
post #1174 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:

....So, think in terms of TVs that you can live comfortably with.  Not the way we used to think in terms of TVs: something that we can enjoy a decade.

Bingo! I remember when my first big screen ($1300 Toshiba 50 inch 4:3 rear projection crt) died after just about 6.5 years. I was so mad. Now I think, 6.5 years of the same tv? What am I poor?

Seriously though, I'm moving the perfectly working 5.5 year old 50 inch Panny Plasma to the guest room because it's just too small now and heats up the bedroom way too much.

-Another Wasteful American tongue.gif
post #1175 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy sullivan View Post

I have absolutely no flash lighting with my 70R550A. I sent back two 70" Vizio's for that very reason. As far as the picture getting better after awhile all I can say is after putting 100 hours or so on my second Vizio my wife mentioned to me when I turned it on one morning that she thought the picture looked better than it did the night before. I thought the same thing but didn't say anything about it at first because I knew it was not possible. Study or no study, if you read the posts on the Vizio 70" E series you will see several mentioning this happening. So, does anybody but me see an improvement in their 550? My picture looks sharper and seems to have better over all depth.

I don't think it's odd at all that you find your tv becoming better... I would think that until you're regularly turning the set on/off and the various boards inside get use to receiving power and the crystals in the LCD panel are use to receiving power and moving around it's not functioning at its optimal state. Then again maybe your eyes are just getting use to seeing that display...who knows, but as long as your happy with it then that's all that really counts.
post #1176 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:

Heat is unlikely an issue any longer---seriously, that's not wishful thinking.  They're not 600 watt lightbulbs any longer.  Take a look at the average wattage draw.  That's more or less the bottom line on heat.

For most folks heat's probably a non-issue. But our bedroom is on the south side of the house and is the hottest room in the house. It's grosly undercooled compared to the rest of the house. I even block out the windows in the summer and added a patio cover over one of the outside walls. But it's Vegas. Such is life in the desert where it's 95 at 7AM.

Anyhow, I've been running this 70 inch Vizio for a couple of weeks and this is the most amount of heat I want out of a tv. Even my DLP projector in the theater room heats up that room and that's a big open room with tons of cooling.

Point being, we keep the temp right on the fence of comfort / not comfort - yep, I'm cheap. The LED LCD has allowed us to keep the entire house the same temp instead of overcooling 90% of the house just to make the bedroom livable. And I am impressed with the pq of the el cheapo Vizio so can only imagine the Sony being that much nicer. Afterall, this is a bedroom tv and not the theater room. I don't need the best pq in the br.
post #1177 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Quote:

In my theater room my projector only has one HDMI input and my av receiver has none. I like being able to display a different image from the sound (like NFL is on the screen, but have music playing) so I don't replace my av receiver with a new one with HDMI inputs. So, I use a high quality HDMI switcher from Belkin. I've done three theater set ups like this now with the Belkin switcher and they all work flawlessly.

I know, I know. It still is no excuse for the manufacturers to not give us more HDMI inputs, but I just wanted to give you another option. A guy on the Vizio thread had mentioned that I could just buy a cheap BD player to access my Netflix app instead of paying $600 more for this Sony. He's correct and I would if I had any faith that the Vizio would not break after the warranty.

And while we're at it, why don't ALL the flat panels have down facing connections? Really? They make a display designed to fit on a wall and then they give you connections that face straight back instead of down? Engineers; we love 'em almost as much as we hate 'em.

Also, I absolutely love my Panasonic plasma. But plasmas create too much heat for my particular situation and I need a 70 inch screen without breaking the bank.

Thanks for the idea, I have thought of using a switch but I seems like somewhat of a hassle compared to connecting directly to the TV. Depending on the Vizio product I wouldn't worry about it braking Vizio's 60"/70" E-series TV's for example use Sharp panels and components and are assembled in Sharp's plant in Mexico, also according to Consumer Reports Vizio only has a fail rate of 5% which is inline with other more well know brands. Very few brands completely make their electronics products in their entirety anymore, it's parts from here and there with a name brand slapped on. I still have a 42" Panasonic plasma that works just fine but boy does it create heat which isn't bad during the winter but not so much in the summer lol....I bought a 50" Sanyo plasma that had a beautiful picture(due to its Panasonic insides) that unfortunately had HDMI's that kept dying on me but it didn't create much in the way of heat compared to my Panasonic. Most people don't wall mount their sets, me included but I can definitely see how input placement can be an issue.
post #1178 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Liked: 11
Does the Sony Media Remote app from Android work on this TV? I do not see it on the support list in Play Store.
veneetle likes this.
post #1179 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the idea, I have thought of using a switch but I seems like somewhat of a hassle compared to connecting directly to the TV. Depending on the Vizio product I wouldn't worry about it braking Vizio's 60"/70" E-series TV's for example use Sharp panels and components and are assembled in Sharp's plant in Mexico, also according to Consumer Reports Vizio only has a fail rate of 5% which is inline with other more well know brands. Very few brands completely make their electronics products in their entirety anymore, it's parts from here and there with a name brand slapped on. I still have a 42" Panasonic plasma that works just fine but boy does it create heat which isn't bad during the winter but not so much in the summer lol....I bought a 50" Sanyo plasma that had a beautiful picture(due to its Panasonic insides) that unfortunately had HDMI's that kept dying on me but it didn't create much in the way of heat compared to my Panasonic. Most people don't wall mount their sets, me included but I can definitely see how input placement can be an issue.

There's an inherit flaw in Consumer Reports Brand Reliability ratings that I discovered back in the early 90s when they were reporting that Mitsubishi and JVC VCRs were "less reliable" than Toshiba VCRs because more JVC and Mitsubishis sold were repaired than were Toshibas sold. Think about that and see if you can see the flaw.

They use surveys where folks report how often they have a device repaired and then CR uses that data to say, "Brand "A" has more recorded repairs than brand "B" and so on. What they don't take into account is what the person paid for the device that broke. Case in point with the VCRs; one would pay to repair a $350 VCR after the warranty expires, but one will simply replace a broken $100 VCR after the warranty expired. Hence, Toshiba brand better than Mitsubishi and JVC.

Just something to keep in mind.

Btw, I wrote them back then and told them about that flaw as a subscriber to CR since the 80s. Their reply was that there was no way to take that info (repair vs. replace) into consideration and that they simply are offering data for people to use however they see fit.
post #1180 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Consumer reports has 2 other inherent flaws:

1. By the time they are able to fully review a particular model of anything, especially for longevity, that model no longer exists.

and

2. They just don't know what they're talking about.

post #1181 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:05 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Please relax: and DON'T make that mistake prematurely.  Use Amazon if you're concerned.  I see nothing in this thread showing that the Sony is an overwhelming dud, like I so often see in the Vizio forums.  Even with a TV made by God: no matter WHAT forum you read about it, it will collect the problems.  You're not getting a non-weighted sample population here!

I love mine.  The issues I have currently will be beaten back over time...and if not, for $13mumbleHundred for a 60", it's awesome.  It's not a nutsy price, and it's still a sony, and FWIW: I *love* how smoothly it interoperates with my sony BPD.

How much money do you want to spend anyway? <----this dramatically changes everything.

Im looking to spend 1000$ .

Any videos of the interface ?
post #1182 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:

There's an inherit flaw in Consumer Reports Brand Reliability ratings that I discovered back in the early 90s when they were reporting that Mitsubishi and JVC VCRs were "less reliable" than Toshiba VCRs because more JVC and Mitsubishis sold were repaired than were Toshibas sold. Think about that and see if you can see the flaw.

They use surveys where folks report how often they have a device repaired and then CR uses that data to say, "Brand "A" has more recorded repairs than brand "B" and so on. What they don't take into account is what the person paid for the device that broke. Case in point with the VCRs; one would pay to repair a $350 VCR after the warranty expires, but one will simply replace a broken $100 VCR after the warranty expired. Hence, Toshiba brand better than Mitsubishi and JVC.

Just something to keep in mind.

Btw, I wrote them back then and told them about that flaw as a subscriber to CR since the 80s. Their reply was that there was no way to take that info (repair vs. replace) into consideration and that they simply are offering data for people to use however they see fit.

I'm sure their reliability scoring system has flaws , but it probably there to give people a general idea of reliability give or take. I wouldn't personally buy or not buy a TV or whatever based on their findings, but use their info as a piece in the larger puzzle of shopping.
post #1183 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm sure their reliability scoring system has flaws , but it probably there to give people a general idea of reliability give or take. I wouldn't personally buy or not buy a TV or whatever based on their findings, but use their info as a piece in the larger puzzle of shopping.

Yeah, I'm rethinking my prior reply.  I forgot to take into account how nearly impossible it is to trust "user reviews" of any kind.

post #1184 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I'm rethinking my prior reply.  I forgot to take into account how nearly impossible it is to trust "user reviews" of any kind.

Especially with TV's....who knows what their settings are, what they're watching, what's hooked up to their TV and how, or what their viewing environment is like. It's always great to know people like something, but when you don't how or where their using it who knows whether you'll feel the same.
post #1185 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:

1. By the time they are able to fully review a particular model of anything, especially for longevity, that model no longer exists.

and

OOPs. I see a big old can of worms being opened.
post #1186 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

and

OOPs. I see a big old can of worms being opened.

Not the first time I've fought a religious war....

post #1187 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM

I agree with all the above posts for the most part. I don't wanna start a war here either so let me try not to when I say...

I have noticed several posters reaching conclusions based upon things I would not even consider like:

* How it looks in the store
* How it looks different when changing sources since in the world of HD, every source looks different
* How it looks in the first couple of hours
* How it looks compared to items that cost twice as much
* How it looks BEFORE any qualified adjustments
* How it looks in a setting much different than my own
* How it looks with settings much different than my own
* The most popular song of all time is "Candle In the Wind" - tells what popular opinion means

Again, not trying to start a war....

*According to the general consensus on the Vizio thread and Amazon, the Vizio is far superior to this Sony. I highly doubt that

It's hard enough to get an unbiased opinion from ANYONE, let alone an educated one. Now add to that crazy internet trolls, 13 year olds looking to pick a fight, 43 year olds living in mom's basement looking to pick a fight, people who just have no experience or understanding of the subject, people who accidentally got to this page when they were really looking for porn, people who write and write and write never seeming to come to any conclusi......

lol We're all just throwing darts at the wheel of destiny and hopefully we land on something we can live with.

Disclaimer: Never say anything I take too seriously.
post #1188 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:

and

I had actually purchased that Toshiba VCR for $100 when my buddy purchased his Mitsubishi for $350. Mine broke once under warranty - had it repaired and once after - tossed it. His may have had repairs. Wouldn't know because I'm sure he wouldn't have admitted it after paying that much.

CR is often too late to press, even with their on-line reports. And today tech is released well before the kinks have been worked out because the public demands the latest. NOT having issues is the exception.

While that Vizio that I am returning may just be fine, in my mind I know that if I kept it and had issues post-warranty I would be kicking myself. If I have issues with the Sony, I can say that at least I tried what I considered to be a better brand. Either way, it's all just a shot in the dark.
post #1189 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah, but no.  That business of "break in" for LCD's (and actually, the "adjust for the environment" is a new one to me) is completely without scientific merit.  If you look, you'll find people are saying things like this without a study to back it up.  They'll quote some other source, and THEY'LL not site a study backing it up.  Frankly it's not an argument I'm up for again....people hold onto their mantras in this world.

If you want to think in terms of the nitty gritty of light, you have to remember that your eye/brain combination is ironically the very worst device for determining the visual quality of something.  As you stare at something, the image changes.  If your eye moves, the edges enhance.  As a color strikes a cone in the retina, it saturates, completely altering what it reports.  And the image is not received "all at once" by the brain from the eye.  Your eye is not a ccd array.

Further, keep in mind the psychological too.  When you first got the TV you were no doubt paying attention to the picture in detail.  As time went on, you were paying attention to the TV content more?

The bottom line in all this is that even if there were a settling in of the TV, the settling in of your eye/brain combination along will all the things that are fluidly changing with it will far exceed it.

I have to say (other than crappy NBA Finals content from ABC) my 70r550a is looking better and better. I have fiddled around with settings a little from posts on here (still notice some light bleeding in on dark images but not noting it as much) but I think the thrust here is probably right - my eye/brain is likely settling a little on things (if the TV is settling in some way - which I agree is unlikely). I watched the finale of Game of Thrones the other night and it looked great. Also, there really is a difference between various stations and content so it is hard to go by that sort of thing (I have DirecTV). I watched Hunger Games streamed in HD from Netflix over my Roku and it looked great too. I think tonight I need to finally get around to watching a blu ray movie (hadn't gotten a chance yet).
post #1190 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 187
You will love blu-ray on the 70R550A. If you have the choice I recommend "Oz The Great and Powerful".
post #1191 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So after having the 50 for a few days I am blown away at the quality. The 3D is amazing as well. My GF also couldn't believe how good it was and she was very impressed.

Also for those who do not know this tv also supports SimulView for PS3 the splitscreen into one screen. So I have a question as I tested this on GT5 XL and it does work with one eye closed.

So does anyone know which glasses are needed? Left eye shows one player, right eye shows the other player. So I would like to figure out which glasses are needed as it seems you need glasses that have two left eye and two right eye lenses.

One other complaint is it seems my custom settings are not sticking, every time I switch inputs and back, cinemotion or what ever it is is always back on. Sometimes when I turn the tv on it will say it is now in Store Demo mode or what ever it is. Anyone know what the deal is with that. I do not like the soe and this always seems to come back on.
post #1192 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac View Post

So after having the 50 for a few days I am blown away at the quality. The 3D is amazing as well. My GF also couldn't believe how good it was and she was very impressed.

Also for those who do not know this tv also supports SimulView for PS3 the splitscreen into one screen. So I have a question as I tested this on GT5 XL and it does work with one eye closed.

So does anyone know which glasses are needed? Left eye shows one player, right eye shows the other player. So I would like to figure out which glasses are needed as it seems you need glasses that have two left eye and two right eye lenses.

One other complaint is it seems my custom settings are not sticking, every time I switch inputs and back, cinemotion or what ever it is is always back on. Sometimes when I turn the tv on it will say it is now in Store Demo mode or what ever it is. Anyone know what the deal is with that. I do not like the soe and this always seems to come back on.

Manufacturers have a "store mode" to keep customers from @#$%ing up the TV with settings and walking out.  Basically it's designed to supply you with a limited set of options.  And I wouldn't be surprised if one of the things it does is reset certain things like the motion settings when you change inputs.

It asked me during the initial setup whether I was a store or at-home.  I forget how to switch between the two after that.

post #1193 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:

Manufacturers have a "store mode" to keep customers from @#$%ing up the TV with settings and walking out.  Basically it's designed to supply you with a limited set of options.  And I wouldn't be surprised if one of the things it does is reset certain things like the motion settings when you change inputs.

It asked me during the initial setup whether I was a store or at-home.  I forget how to switch between the two after that.

It asked me as well and I said home, so not sure why it keeps setting itself to store.
post #1194 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Most sets that are in store or demo mode occasionally automatically reset to clear changes that customers have put into the TV when testing it.

From the help section of the manual:

"Press RETURN on the remote control to suspend Demo Mode.
Then, press HOME, select Settings and proceed with Initial
Setup in the Setup settings. Be sure to select Home on the
viewing environment (Location) step."
post #1195 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:

You will love blu-ray on the 70R550A. If you have the choice I recommend "Oz The Great and Powerful".

An excellent reference BD is Toy Story (any of the 3) and best BD PQ I have seen yet is Avatar'd. Yes, I typo'd on purpose. It may be reference material for PQ, but PU. lol
post #1196 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac View Post

The Sony brand glasses needed for Simulview are not out yet, however I see no reason why LG's Dual Play glasses would not work as it's the same tech just different name they are available on Amazon and Ebay for like $15-$20!
post #1197 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

• IGZO
  • OLED
  • otherLED
  • Rec. 2020
  • Glasses Free 3D (<---seriously...possible)
  • HMD
  • Moth Eye
And....
  • Industry standardized native 120 Hz
  • Industry standardized native 240 Hz

Obviously, there are points of diminishing returns as you go above 60Hz, but to put this in perspective:
Sample-and-hold 120Hz has 50% less motion blur than 60Hz
Sample-and-hold 240Hz has 75% less motion blur than 60Hz
Sample-and-hold 480Hz has 87.5% less motion blur than 60Hz
Sample-and-hold 960Hz has 93.75% less motion blur than 60Hz
(CRT style flicker can do the same role -- e.g. 1/960sec flickers at 60Hz can have 93.75% less motion blur than flickerfree 60Hz)

Not everyone can tell the difference, but I certainly can! For ultrafast videogame motion -- I can tell the difference in motion blur between displays using a 1.4ms strobe length (700Hz blur equivalence), and a 2.4ms strobe length (400Hz blur equivalence) -- there's a 2-pixel difference in motion blur for 1920pixels/second ultrafast horizontal panning motion (e.g. fast left/right flick turns in first-person shooter video games). We won't hit ultimate, until we've got 1000fps cameras displaying to 1000Hz TV's, so we don't need interpolation voodoo, and don't need CRT/plasma/scanning backlight flicker to have CRT motion clarity.

(You know, the conundrum: Some hate interpolation, some hate flicker, so the only way to eliminate both interpolation/flicker while ALSO solving motion blur, is real-time ultrahigh native framerates, ~1000fps displaying in real time to ~1000Hz)

That may not happen this century, but the Hz races continue...

Thanks,
Mark Rejhon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BlurBusters Blog -- Eliminating Motion Blur by 90%+ on LCD for games and computers

Rooting for upcoming low-persistence rolling-scan OLEDs too!

post #1198 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Liked: 11
anybody have DSE or banding issues with any of their sets?? i have a 50" and i swear i have banding and or DSE.. this is my 3rd one not sure if i really want to exchange it for another one..maybe ill exhcnage it one last time and thats about it...
post #1199 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisko4one5 View Post

anybody have DSE or banding issues with any of their sets?? i have a 50" and i swear i have banding and or DSE.. this is my 3rd one not sure if i really want to exchange it for another one..maybe ill exhcnage it one last time and thats about it...

I have slight light bleed bottom right corner on a black background on my 70 inch 550a

ffe57b7b_image.jpeg

8f6d2d14_image.jpeg
post #1200 of 4276 Old 06-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Quote:

The Sony brand glasses needed for Simulview are not out yet, however I see no reason why LG's Dual Play glasses would not work as it's the same tech just different name they are available on Amazon and Ebay for like $15-$20!

I ended up finding them they are out. Here they are on Amazon model number is TDG-SV5P $18 from Amazon. Comes with two pairs obviously.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C50NV2C/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdl 60r550a 60 Inch 120hz 1080p Led Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Kdl 50r550a 50 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv , Sony Kdl 70r550a 70 Inch Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 50r550a by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page