Help me choose a new TV please >.< - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-28-2013, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys, hope someone around here can help.

Heres the deal. I bought a Samsung 27" LCD HD TV when HD TVs started coming out or whatever. Main reason to get it was for gaming on my Xbox. The model of my TV is "LN-S2738D" I paid $970 ish for it BACK IN THE DAYS. ._.

I love it, you can see properly even if your not right in front of the TV, the screen is not glossy so light don't reflect or the screen is not shinny. My Xbox / Wii-U looks great on it. But... 27" just don't cut it for me

I love the picture quality on my games so... I want to get a new TV that's around 40-45" ish, that has 3 HDMI connection, Audio etc etc, USB port for movie viewing.

In other words, I want a TV with the same amazing picture quality as my TV or BETTER with those ports and stuff.

Now, there is something I been seeing lately on stores display TVs. In Wal-Mart they have these TVs playing Blu-Ray movies and the movies look crisp... BUT... the moving objects/persons look... like... its goin to pop out? like.. it has this weird motion that doesnt look natural. Is this what they call "soap opera effect"? And no.. its not the 3d. Well I don't like that effect ..what ever is called. I wanna know exactly what they call it, all i know is.. that it looks like its gonna pop-out/ has a weird motion to it and looks un-natural. lol

Also.. for that size... would a LCD or LED be better? Keep in mind I want it for gaming. And occasional Anime/movie watching. from Blu-Ray/USB/Streaming.

So..

40-45"
Anti Glare Screen
Viewable from any angle
USB ports
3 HDMI
1080p
60HZ

If you wanna know the specs of my TV you can go here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-ln-s2738d/4507-6482_7-32062500.html
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page