Refurb TVs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-28-2013, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is buying one a bad idea. After guidance for the community I bought my parents a refurbed reciever and save a lot. What about for TVs. If its ok what sites have them. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 12:42 AM

Liked: 14
Depends on price, vendor and warranty. I buy most of my Apple electronics refurbished but Apple has great CS. Of course a TV is more fragile and packing is problematic unless done professionally.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 05:00 AM

Liked: 11
I was looking for a tv early 2009, so 4 years ago. A new LED tv was expensive at the time regardless what model as that was the first year they came out with the edge lit designs. I couldnt find anything within my price range that was the type of quality I wanted. I found a Samsung 4681f, probably a little over a year old model. Still one of the best tvs you could buy at the time and way better than what I could get new with the money I wanted to spend. Im still using the tv today and it is great. Getting a refurb imo could be the safer choice. When you get a new one it may have a problem or develop a problem. The refurb probably already went through w.e problem or problems it was going to have and now is fixed and probably less likely to have a problem compared to a new one. There is also no discernable difference from a new tv.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 272
I think it depends on a large part who the mfr is. Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung etc. would probably be ok if bought from a reputable dealer and you carefully read the warranty. Vizio, never.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-01-2013, 10:07 AM

Liked: 11
I always buy from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Sometimes the price of a "Like New" or "Very Good" TV is 30-50% off a new one. If there is a problem it is very easy to return.

Occasionally you can even find products that are never opened but the package is damaged. Last week I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab. The box was damaged but the tablet was 100% new. Sadly it is going back because the resolution rate is too low.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page