55 vs 60 inch TV deals - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-04-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've been actively researching TVs over the past few weeks, and had even purchased and paid for a 55 inch Samsung 7500 through Best Buy until the particular store I was picking the TV up at declined a price match that was approved over the phone the night before, so I cancelled the order and walked out. I'm currently stuck between a few models which are all priced fairly similarly. The 60 inch LG 7200 seems to have relatively good reviews, and ideally i'd like a 60 inch model as it would be pretty immersive in my current set up, but I noticed that for roughly $100 more I can pick up a 55 inch Samsung es8000, which is certainly much more TV with it's added features/gimmicks, and is a Samsung, which I am biased towards. The 55 inch 7500 is slightly less than the 8000, and slightly more than the LG 60 inch, so it's also in contention. Now my biggest concern is whether or not 60 inches is really that much more of a difference over 55. The 60 inch Samsung 7100 is still a couple hundred more than what i'd want to pay for it, but with TVs being cleared out I can add it to the list if the price drops enough. I sit about 7 feet from my current 42 inch Plasma, and while it is nothing to complain about, I definitely want something bigger and am drawn to LEDs. Anyone have any insight/suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've narrowed it down. Would the 55 inch es8000 for $1750 be a better deal than the 60 inch es7100 for $1899?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page