58" Class (57.5" Diagonal) 1080p LED-LCD 120Hz HDTV (FVD5833) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
58" Class (57.5" Diagonal) 1080p LED-LCD 120Hz HDTV (FVD5833)
havent been able to find the LED specs on this TV.
Is the LED edgelit or full grid array ?
Does anybody know ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 300
Don't know for sure but Sanyo web site lists the dimension (depth) at 3.5 inches if that is the thickest point looking at the side view it could be edge lit .They have to put the boards some where . they do not mention which type of LED back light it has Edge or Full at the website. I would assume if it were a full panel backlight they would advertise that as a selling point .There are some specs there maybe you have seen , no panel specs other than 1080p . I read somewhere on a forum maybe here ( not sure) that Sanyo is owned by Panasonic and has a good reliability reputation .
IMO the CCFL or LED thing is not that important to me at least. I've seen good and not so good examples of both .A good set with a good panel will make a good picture with either one .
Wiki lists Sanyo as a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation so that can't be bad . I saw a Sanyo 40" I think when I was shopping for a TV last month I thought it had a very good picture .I ended up with a Toshiba but did not see anything wrong with the Sanyo. It looked better than some of the other sets on display at that time.

best regards

"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -
post #3 of 3 Old 10-06-2013, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I GOT A display model of one of these about a month & a half ago at Wal-Mart for $650. I took it home used it for a 4 days then it failed, the screen went blank. I took it back and was given a new in box replacement for the same price. I have been using the replacement a lot for the 5+ weeks I've had it.
Quote:
Positives,

This TV weighs half what my Toshiba did, ~52 lbs compared to ~100+ lbs........

The picture is good, analog converted signals really do look very good on it. But not as good as they did on my 7 year old dead 50 " 720p Toshiba Plasma.

Quote:
Negatives,

My broken Plasma Toshiba had 3 s-video/ 3 composite/ 2 component (RGB)/ 2 HDMI. This thing only has 3 HDMI / 1 shared composite-component / and 1 USB audio-video inputs. No S-video inputs!

The first one of these I bought broke 4 days after I got it home......

It seems few of the current offerings of HDTVs today have more than one composite or component??? None have S-video! I do not understand why none of the current offerings have any s-video inputs???

I have used the S-video connection for years to get the best analog picture. Analog users like me really are not considered when building new TVs.

I guess I am not figured into design any longer.......

Because I still use a lot of analog equipment I have to use my HDD/DVD recorders to get my analog signals into it. My DMR-69 is used to convert s-video to HDMI upconverting 480i to 1080p.

And I am also using my DMR-E80H is used to convert 480i to 480p through the composite(RGB) output. Even though I am sure this thing uses less electricity compared to the Toshiba it replaced the limited inputs force me to use more electricity. So any power savings this thing might give are lost because I am forced to run external input devices to translate analog to digital..........

VW,Audi, Porsch guy
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sanyo 58 Inch Led Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page