I bow to the ever-knowledgeable braintrust of the AVS gurus and beseech you for your assistance.
So, I have this (now ancient) 42" Philips 42PFL7432D/37. It's still humming along after 7 years, but I need bigger and better quality now.
I've been lightly researching for the past year, and more heavily in the past month and I'm pretty sure I'm worse off than when I started. There's so much conflicting and apocryphal, zealotic information between panel types, brands, etc...
1. Budget: ~$800 - $1200 USD (some flex there, but the more I flex; the less happy the wife will be).
2. Seating distance: ~8'
3. Size/placement limitations: Nothing under 55". 60"+ vastly preferred. No placement restrictions.
4. Uses: 3D gaming, 3D movies and streaming video from HTPC
5. Sources: XBOX 360, PS3, Wii U, OUYA, HTPC w/Blu Ray drive, Laptops, Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II.
6. Room lighting: Low light.
I'm leaning towards the LG 55LM7600, but I'm wondering if there's other options out there.
Full array LED
Any and all suggestions welcomed and appreciated. Looking to purchase around the second week of March.