Samsung LED tv UE46C6530 issue - Turns on by itself - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-06-2013, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I am having the weirdest issue with my LED tv and was wondering if I could get some help before asking support through Samsung (in case it's something obvious that I am missing)...

Basically the TV turns itself on some time after being turned off. It doesn't happen after a certain period of time, and I have only seen it happen once (the other times happened overnight).

I have a ps3, appletv 2 and a Samsung HT-C5500 bluray player connected to the TV and I have tried disabling each one to see if it was triggered by any, but it keeps turning on.

The TV is also connected to the internet using a wired connection.

THis really sucks - sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night because I forgot to pull the plug, or go out for the weekend to come back and find it one.

Do you have any idea on why this happens?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
If the TV uses an IR remote you could have a stray IR signal from a failing fluorescent bulb or other IR source. Try covering the IR signal receiver in the bezel of the TV with a piece of card stock or opaque tape to verify that it is a problem within the TV and not from another souce in the room the TV is in.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by walford View Post

If the TV uses an IR remote you could have a stray IR signal from a failing fluorescent bulb or other IR source. Try covering the IR signal receiver in the bezel of the TV with a piece of card stock or opaque tape to verify that it is a problem within the TV and not from another souce in the room the TV is in.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I took a long time to reply because it's not very easy to verify what's wrong. I took your recommendation and the most likely culprit I found is the tv remote. If I leave it pointing at the TV overnight there's a good probability the TV will turn on.

Is this reasonable? If so, I guess I should RMA the remote right? Also, is there a way to prove that the IR remote is failing (for RMA proof)?

thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 46 Led Smart Tv , Blu Ray Players , Samsung Refurbished Blu Ray Disc Player Bd C5500 B
Gear in this thread - C5500 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page