Samsung Horizontal and Ghosting Lines - Not a tab problem, and new T-Con installed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 03-06-2013, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello!
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what my problem could be. I have a UN55B6000VFXZA that have horizontal black lines along the top of the picture, ghosting along the top 3/4 of the picture, and a completely normal bottom 1/4. So far I've:
-Performed a factory reset from the service menu
-Installed a replacement t-con board
-Opened the panel up to press on the tabs to make sure they're not loose and everything is pristine and no matter how hard I press I get no results.

The ONLY thing I don't know is what type/model my tv should be listed in under those headings in the service mode. I'm guessing that an incorrect setting MIGHT be causing this problem. Anyone have any suggestions, I'd love to hear it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

Since I'm new to posting (but I've read countless posts) here's my attempt at an image of the problem. Note that the boxes SHOULD be pure black/white.
kcnl2p.jpg
post #3 of 11 Old 03-06-2013, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by James P View Post

Hello!
I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what my problem could be. I have a UN55B6000VFXZA that have horizontal black lines along the top of the picture, ghosting along the top 3/4 of the picture, and a completely normal bottom 1/4. So far I've:
-Performed a factory reset from the service menu
-Installed a replacement t-con board
-Opened the panel up to press on the tabs to make sure they're not loose and everything is pristine and no matter how hard I press I get no results.

The ONLY thing I don't know is what type/model my tv should be listed in under those headings in the service mode. I'm guessing that an incorrect setting MIGHT be causing this problem. Anyone have any suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

By any chance did these issues arise after you accessed the service menu at any time? You may have FUBARed your own tv.... Which is why you should only access it if you know EXACTLY what you are doing and what everything does in case you accidentally change something.
post #4 of 11 Old 03-06-2013, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

By any chance did these issues arise after you accessed the service menu at any time? You may have FUBARed your own tv.... Which is why you should only access it if you know EXACTLY what you are doing and what everything does in case you accidentally change something.

Oh no, of course not. The only reason I'm in there is because I'm trying to fix the problem.
post #5 of 11 Old 03-17-2013, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Anoyone?????I've also replaced the power board... no change frown.gif
post #6 of 11 Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 AM

I am in the same boat...UN55B7100 got 4 horizontal lines and ghosting horizontally - after 3 years, six months.. Anybody throwing ideas around on what might be done - am all ears. Might as well try a few things before throwing this one out the door.
post #7 of 11 Old 03-22-2013, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

Well since nobody is helping us, LOL, I'm going to whip out the multimeter and test the PCB at the bottom of the screen. I'll let you know if I find anything wrong this weekend.
post #8 of 11 Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM

My UN55B7100WF just got the black lines at the top, and the ghost image 3/4 of the top portion of the screen.

My TV is 4 years and 1 month old. It starting showing a Horizontal Line Problem and ghost image/double image problems last week.

I call Samsung and all that they could do was provide me with a number of a local Samsung TV repair service.

Then called the repair shop. I described to them the problem that I stated above.

I was asked if it was just the image or was it also the on screen menu.

For me it was both (Menu and TV image).

When he heard that the onscreen menu was also a double ghost image he said that it was the LCD panel. The 55 inch panel.

The cost would be $1400.00 (about $250 was labor) to have a new Samsung 55" panel installed.

This should have lasted more than 4 years.

Please post if you have a different fix for this problem.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by James P View Post

Anoyone?????I've also replaced the power board... no change frown.gif

It seems as though you have replaced the likely candidates.. What I would suggest next, is that you slightly wiggle all of the ribbon connectors going to all the boards while the TV is running. If the picture clears up or gets worse you have located your problem. Power Off the TV at this point, unclip the ribbon connector, clean the ribbon connector, reattatch it and then see if the problem is fixed.

http://youtu.be/zE0eqB4Ppjw
post #10 of 11 Old 08-18-2014, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hope this helps

I had a double image problem with my Samsung and was able to fix it for $0.00 all by myself. Check out this video on YouTube.

by David Koenig
post #11 of 11 Old 09-09-2014, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedavid85 View Post
I had a double image problem with my Samsung and was able to fix it for $0.00 all by myself. Check out this video on YouTube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vl7-vZEL8

by David Koenig
I have the un55b6000 and also had the double image horizontal lines much like the pictures above. My TV is about 5 years old. I had the Samsung tech out today. He tried to replace the T-Con board but that did not work. He then decided it was the main LCD board which is around $1k to replace. Obviously that isn't worth it so I punted. Time for a new TV.

With that done, I figured I had nothing to lose so I tried the You Tube "tape" fix as described above by davedavid85. I'm not really all that handy but I found the YouTube video really descriptive, informative, and easy to follow so I gave it a try. Anyway, I tried and tried and tried again with various variations of tape sizes and positions but could not get it to work. Good luck to anyone who has the same problem - it's definitely worth a try. It only took about 10-15 minutes to get to actually playing around with the ribbon connector and tape.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55b6000 55 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page