Samsung LCDs and "Flashlighting"? Why? I figured Samsung being the best LCD's wouldn't do this - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-07-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Now basically I heard that is what the term is called when you have slight light leaking into the screen in the corners. It mostly only shows in nice dark inky black movies or when the screen is black. IT is very annoying that my $950 dollar TV I bought in 2010 is doing this now. It was rated the 4th best TV on CNET by that TV guru who seems to know everything about TVs for an LCD in the 40" catagory. The TV has been great other than that. Very clean, Nice colors, nice inky blacks, prob the best I seen for an LCD. This was my purchase because I couldn't find anymore Panasonic G10 plasmas anymore so I opt'd for this one. This is also when LCD LEDs started to get big and come out...

okay. So I understand how an LCD is put together and maybe through time the screens can separate or the adhesive could cause separation from heat or however your TV is on its stand but this started to develop around last year. I also take care of my TV, other than cleaning it of course, I make sure I don't have it on too long, Or have it on the same images to long because well I know burn in can't happen to an LCD, backlights can still fade over time. IT is sad that not only samsung has a lousy 1 year warranty on their product but this happened exactly 6months after my warranty. (shows how much they trust their own products I guess) I don't think it can be repaired by anyone, but oddly when I clean the screen, sometimes it will go away but come back once the TV is nice and hot like a few hours later.

All I gotta say. is I know it isn't the worst thing in the world and a normal person won't be able to see it, but an audiovisualphile like me will be able too. As well as everyone here could. I will put up pictures at request, but I was wondering if mounting it on the wall will maybe make it slightly darker? I am not sure. It just gets annoying when you buy and invest so much into a nice picture as well as getting a nice TV, get bluray and watch anything that resembles a great picture and in a dark room on dark scenes see a little bit of a spotlight come out of the corner on a TV that is NOT EVEN 2 years old.... ugh. Sorry I had to rant but if I got a Tube TV to last 8 years with no issues and a little after 2, and I see this issue. How the hell do people think these LCDs are gonna last 20 years? lol

With that said. I am a gamer and a big movie guy, but I believe Plasma will be next on the radar for me. I just wish I got that beautiful Pioneer kuro Elite open box I saw only a month after I bought this tv.... A MONTH after. haha. I should of waited and it was only $300 more bucks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-08-2013, 12:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1031
I didn't know they might get worse in time. Fortunately my UN60C6300 in 2011 drove me nuts in the first few weeks and got a PN59D8000 instead which has been a great set so far especially for those dark scenes in a darkened room. Do I expect it to last as long as my old MGA or Trinitron tvs did? No, don't really expect that from the more complex and relatively more cheaply made electronics now, but the picture on this thing is waaay better than those older sets, too.

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 3 Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
oh, I wonder if that has anything to do with the 630 series, specifically the LN40C630K1FXZA. Cause that is the model I have.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page