LG 47LS4600 or Samsung 46EH5000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to upgrade the size of my TV from a samsung 40C530 (with AUO panel) and it has comes to these two choices. The AUO panel has very good black for an LCD but very poor viewing angle. I don't need 3D or smart tv so it has come between LG 47LS4600 or Samsung 46EH5000.

Currently I tend to choose the LG due to cheaper price locally ($800 vs $900) and more HDMI input ( 3 vs 2 ) and under my assumption on the LG I don't need to worry about panel lottery like samsung since all IPS panel on the LG TVs especially 47" and up are produced by LG display. Is my assumption is true? I know the downside of IPS is it tends to have poorer blacks than S-PVA or A-MVA. My 40" A-MVA panel has very good dark when viewing on axis, but if you view the TV slightly off angle the black become gray/purple :S At least with IPS the backlight/contrast will be consistent in wider viewing angle.

Apart from that I'm also worried about backlight uniformity since it's a edge lit led vs direct lid led on the samsung. But due to panel lottery on the samsung I can't make a choice yet frown.gif I don't mind getting samsung or auo panel.. I don't really want to get a CMO panel :S

My main content will be from HD cable box and HTPC and will be put on the living room with good amount on light during the day.

Is 120/240Hz important for an LCD? if important I'll consider to upgrade to EH6000 or eqv. on the LG.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un46eh5000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page