Will Universal Remote Fully Control LG TV's Equipped With Magic Remote - Seems Only Volume, Mute ON/OFF etcd Work - AVS Forum
LCD Flat Panel Displays > Will Universal Remote Fully Control LG TV's Equipped With Magic Remote - Seems Only Volume, Mute ON/OFF etcd Work
esoxlee's Avatar esoxlee 01:23 PM 03-08-2013
I just tried using 3 different Universal Remotes to control a LM6200, but seems only the most basic operations will work. Like volume, On/off and mute. Anyone else also have this happen? Really don't like the magic remote and want to replace it with a universal remote.

ethanj's Avatar ethanj 11:52 PM 03-08-2013
Use Harmony. It will give you full functionality.
esoxlee's Avatar esoxlee 03:01 PM 03-09-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanj View Post

Use Harmony. It will give you full functionality.

I have 2 Harmony remotes, and 3 other universal. Each was programmed for an LG television but not one could do everything because each one controlled something different on the TV. Combined, they control everything. I ended up using one to learn from the other 4 to eventually control all the features. I'm really beginning to despise the magic remote.
twindad2k1's Avatar twindad2k1 07:13 PM 05-31-2013
esoxlee - can you successfully use the OK/Enter/Select button on your universal remote with the LG TV? If so, how did you solve the issue with the OK/Enter button function, where the TV tries registering the remote? (have you experienced that?)

I've got my universal remote working with my LG TV (LM6700) to the point I can turn on/off the TV, access the menus, and navigate through the HOME screen...HOWEVER, I cannot press "OK" (or Enter) on the universal remote without the TV thinking I'm trying to pair/register a magic remote (since that is the button that is used to initially pair the magic remote to the TV).
So, in essence, I can navigate all the way to, say, the Netflix or Hulu apps on the Home screen, but I cannot open them! Instead, the TV tries registering the remote...that of course fails, and subsequently, so does the OK/Enter command. Very frustrating! mad.gif

Anyone have a solution to this?

kf
Up
Mobile  Desktop