Forum Jump: 

post #511 of 644 Old 04-19-2014, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigrigatoni View Post

I totall agree brother...i gave up on Dyamic and its was buring my cornea smile.gif I will tweak the backlight and contrast more, even so with the tweak CNET settings are smooth indeed. Maybe Dynamic for football season during the daytime NFL tix

LOL, I'm glad you gave up on dynamic before suffering cornea damage biggrin.gif Don't get me wrong, in the end I support everyone finding the settings that work for them and their tastes in picture, but since I picked up the hobby of properly calibrating TV's, the dynamic mode just gives me the shivers, lol ...

Check out these links for example with some great info on how to adjust your brightness and contrast for instance. You can find additional helpful links from there...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_OW28YR50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi8Bj6upHSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3CUm8j4DE

Basically finding the optimal brightness and contrast setting is not really a matter of preference, but simply a question of how dark your TV can go with blacks without losing/crushing dark detail (brightness setting), and on the opposite end how bright it can go with whites without losing/crushing light details (contrast setting).

Anyway, hope that's helpful and have fun with your TV wink.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #512 of 644 Old 04-19-2014, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have a standard preference on av mode when it's comes to Netflix or Blu Ray movies ? Or do you just keep at Movie mode with cnet settings? How about sports? Either way I'm happy with it as I was it against the wall no worries about side view look and I paid 800 that included a 100.00 gift card
post #513 of 644 Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 81
I use GAME mode for everything because I hate the artificial motion interpolation that takes place on every other picture mode.
post #514 of 644 Old 04-19-2014, 11:32 AM

I don't have a sport mode
post #515 of 644 Old 04-19-2014, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry meant GAME mode. Brain fart.
post #516 of 644 Old 04-20-2014, 10:41 AM

Thanks ZMad..these settings on My LC60LE650U look good. However there is a strong Magenta Hue around skin tones. Something to do with -20 Tint may be. Any suggestions 

post #517 of 644 Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankyg View Post

Thanks ZMad..these settings on My LC60LE650U look good. However there is a strong Magenta Hue around skin tones. Something to do with -20 Tint may be. Any suggestions 

Hey pankyg, indeed the TV I calibrated needed the extra hue shift to get the red colors right. Once again, goes to show that each TV is still unique so that settings don't always translate perfectly between sets. On the calibrated set these settings look fantastic, including the skin tones, and as the report shows the colors are tuned in just about perfectly. But red color (which affects skin tones greatly) is a really tricky one on these sets...
I'd suggest pausing an image with a lot of skin/face shots, then go to the Red hue setting (in advanced settings) and move that to the right until you feel the skin tones look correct again. See how that works, and hope that helps smile.gif
post #518 of 644 Old 04-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just an FYI, I didn't see this posted yet (may have missed it), but make sure you change the 'View Mode' (button on the remote) and select 'Dot by Dot' to get 1:1 pixel mapping. I was doing some calibration and noticed overscan.
post #519 of 644 Old 04-21-2014, 10:04 AM

Thanks a ton ZMad..Will try this out..

post #520 of 644 Old 04-21-2014, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post

For those interested, here are the fully calibrated settings for 650U (GAME mode of course). joe221 provided the TV (70" LE650U), and I finally managed to stop by and calibrate it using i1Pro meter and Calman 5. joe had dialed in my 640U settings, and they looked quite good actually. However, we could tell that they can be improved. As the settings reveal (being considerably different from 640U), one has to get each set properly calibrated for the optimal results. One interesting thing was that I had to take the tint in the opposite direction on joe's 650U compared to my 640U in order to get the red color accurate (which remains the trickiest color on the Sharps). In the end, the calibrated picture looked great with accurate colors, natural skin tones, and great detail. So here are the settings, again noting that there is no guarantee they will translate perfectly on each set:

AV MODE: GAME
OPC: Off
Backlight: +4 (can be increased in bright rooms during daytime if needed)
Contrast: +30
Brightness: 0
Color: +6
Tint: -20
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: -3
Y: +28
G: +4
C: +14
B: -6
M: +17

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: -19
Y: +4
G: -24
C: -6
B: +18
M: 0

C.M.S. -Value
R: +1
Y: +10
G: +29
C: 0
B: +16
M: -14

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +3
G Gain (LO): +1
B Gain (LO): -9
R Gain (HI): +2
G Gain (HI): -2
B Gain (HI): -8

Motion Enhancement: [grayed out]
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -2
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: [grayed out]
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Tried these settings on my LC60LE650U and they didn't work at all. Faces look like they have way too much magenta in them. (the picture isn't even close to being color accurate).  I tried adjusting the red hue settings and increasing it to 30 (from -3) gets the image closer to accurate but I think the 640U settings still are a little closer.  

The latest 640U settings appear to create an image that is much closer to being accurate (i think it's more accurate than this new 650U calibration, even with redhue increased but I don't think either is exactly right). I wonder why there's such a large discrepancy between my set and joe221's. It appears that other people noticed the same discrepancy? 

post #521 of 644 Old 04-23-2014, 07:16 PM

I'm having issues with the Pandora app on a LC-60C6500U that I purchased a few weeks ago. After a few songs on any station, the music will stutter or stop completely. I'm usually able to change stations at this point, but the new station will eventually stutter/skip/stop after several songs as well. I did verify that I have the latest firmware on the TV. I called Sharp's customer service and they told me to contact Pandora to resolve the issue. However, I haven't had any issues with Pandora on my other devices (Panasonic TC-L58E60, ROKU, Android Tablet, etc). Has anyone else had this issue with the Pandora app in Smart Central?
post #522 of 644 Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I admit I use it far less than once a week, but it has worked flawlessly. (Not sure if it matters but this is with a premium account.)

I do wish they had the higher bitrate option on devices like TVs.
post #523 of 644 Old 04-23-2014, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Alex,

I haven't moved any setting save the backlight down one notch. The picture is still as amazing as when Z-Mad left. As I was discussing with Z I like to check skin tones on a news channel with an in studio shot. They tend to flood the studio with lights, know their subjects and broadcast near perfect skin tones. Other sources tend to be artistic and may introduce colored lighting and distort the image.
Good luck!

Joe in West Los Angeles, CA
post #524 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 10:38 AM

Liked: 14
I'm looking into picking up this TV. Can you push Youtube videos from the app on your phone to play on the TV like you can on Samsung Smart TVs for example?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

I use GAME mode for everything because I hate the artificial motion interpolation that takes place on every other picture mode.

Can the screen smoothing not be turned off in the other modes?
post #525 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM

Liked: 11
Yes and it works great, YouTube looks really well on this set
jdip likes this.
post #526 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post

I'm looking into picking up this TV. Can you push Youtube videos from the app on your phone to play on the TV like you can on Samsung Smart TVs for example?

Yes.
Quote:
Can the screen smoothing not be turned off in the other modes?

That is correct. Which is very unfortunate, since every other design choice, including accessibility and accuracy of calibration controls, is VERY good.
jdip likes this.
post #527 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 01:24 PM

Liked: 14
Thanks ATIGuy and nathan_h.

Do you guys have clouding/flashlighting issues with your sets?
post #528 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 02:46 PM

This may be a newb question, but how do you get sound to go to my soundbar and not the TV speakers? I've ordered an optical cable, but I'm currently using a miniplug cable and the audio is still coming from the TV speakers.
post #529 of 644 Old 04-24-2014, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdip View Post

Thanks ATIGuy and nathan_h.

Do you guys have clouding/flashlighting issues with your sets?

I see a little lightening on occasion notably in a corner on dark scenes. At this price point you won't get a perfect tv for critical viewing in a dark room at this size. Last year there wasn't anything better at this price point.

If I were in the market today I might wait for the reviews of 2014 models to see if I should save money on last years model or pay for a current year model.
post #530 of 644 Old 04-27-2014, 12:30 AM

I'm hoping someone here can save me from going insane trying to fix my display. Had it for just under a year (thankfully) and today while watching TV, the screen just started glitching. At first it had multiple black bars scrolling vertically through the screen and causing a lot of color distortion.

http://youtu.be/37aq2RqeuJA

This was a more mild version of the problem after a few minutes of trying to wait it out. After recording this though I tried turning off the unit for a few minutes but now it won't even turn on correctly. When I attempt to turn it on, it does this extremely weird fade in where the screen gradually fades to all white and stays unresponsive to any remote commands other than power.

I have the worst luck with TV's. mad.gif I'm hoping that someone here has seen or heard of the issue and there might be some resolution other than having to go through Sharp for a replacement.
post #531 of 644 Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 AM

Hi Z-Mad.  I used your setting and for the most part I am happy.  I still would like a little more deepness with the colors.  I feel they are still a little washed out.  Are there any adjustments I can make to make the colors a little bolder, such as tweaking Hue, Saturation, etc?

Thanks!

post #532 of 644 Old 04-29-2014, 06:31 PM

So I'm noticing the dirty screen effect now during hockey games. It's not severe and is located on the bottom of the panel but is noticeable. So if I call Sharp what can I reasonably expect from Sharp? Will they replace my set?
post #533 of 644 Old 04-29-2014, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have had my eye on the 60LE650U for awhile now.How are you guys enjoying it?And why is this thread so dead?Is it because there isn't much to complain about or this set just isn't very popular.

post #534 of 644 Old 04-29-2014, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GADawg22 View Post

Hi Z-Mad.  I used your setting and for the most part I am happy.  I still would like a little more deepness with the colors.  I feel they are still a little washed out.  Are there any adjustments I can make to make the colors a little bolder, such as tweaking Hue, Saturation, etc?

Thanks!

Increase the color, but know that without measuring devices you're just guessing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theride66 View Post

So I'm noticing the dirty screen effect now during hockey games. It's not severe and is located on the bottom of the panel but is noticeable. So if I call Sharp what can I reasonably expect from Sharp? Will they replace my set?

If it's still under warranty, yes, they will evaluate it with that idea in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vid33nyc1 View Post

I have had my eye on the 60LE650U for awhile now.How are you guys enjoying it?And why is this thread so dead?Is it because there isn't much to complain about or this set just isn't very popular.

It's being phased out for 2014 models, so you'll see less and less about it.
post #535 of 644 Old 05-04-2014, 07:55 AM

I searched up and down. There isn't much info on the LE550U model. I figure the LE650U is similar enough so I'll ask here and hope some of you have a fix for this.

I just bought a 70" LE550U. When I enabled dot-by-dot for 1:1 mapping, the screen is shifted to the right by 4 pixels. This happens on every HDMI input. The fine "fine sync" option which allows V- and H- position adjustment is grayed out, presumably it's only available on analog inputs. Is there a hidden service menu that will allow me to shift the screen back to the left?
post #536 of 644 Old 05-04-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

On the 6 series, I don't think there is.

It sounds like your source may be sending the signal to the TV that way.
post #537 of 644 Old 05-04-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

On the 6 series, I don't think there is.

It sounds like your source may be sending the signal to the TV that way.

Thanks for the reply. I tried 3 difference sources (computer, Bluray player, and a game console), on every HDMI input, going straight to the TV or through the receiver, all are shifted right by 4 pixels on dot-by-dot. If I select any display modes other than dot-by-dot, then it fills those 4 pixels on the left edge.
post #538 of 644 Old 05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

That is a mystery! I cannot explain it.
post #539 of 644 Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by wowubbzy View Post

Thanks for the reply. I tried 3 difference sources (computer, Bluray player, and a game console), on every HDMI input, going straight to the TV or through the receiver, all are shifted right by 4 pixels on dot-by-dot. If I select any display modes other than dot-by-dot, then it fills those 4 pixels on the left edge.

I would return it

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #540 of 644 Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

I would return it

It doesn't bother me, but I was hoping there'd be a service menu where I can make this seemingly simple adjustment. I don't even notice it unless I put my face nearly right on the TV lol.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , New Lc60le847u 60in Led Lcd 1080p 3d Tv 240hz Lc60le847u , Sharp Lc 60le650u 60 Inch Aquos Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 60le650u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page