Official Sharp 60LE650U/70LE650U/80 Owner's Thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #601 of 609 Old 07-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well, I have the white dots forming all over the bottom of the tv. Time to call customer service to see what they are going to do. Those that have got replacements, have you been satisfied with what they replaced with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 609 Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Hair View Post
that will work, I use the HDMI on port one. It has ARC (Audio Return Channel) if your receiver supports it. I believe my Yamaha receiver had it disabled by default.
Sweet, totally forgot about that feature. I ordered a TOSLink cable anyway (before I read this post). Oh well.

It is working properly now.
post #603 of 609 Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all,

I just purchased the 80LE650U after a great sale on Frys that Amazon PM'd. I received my TV over the weekend. I noticed that there is a lot of clouding or DSE as I have seen it referred in this thread. Its more pronounced during the start up screen saying "Sharp" or totally dark scenes. I know this is normal with edge lit LED screens.

What I want to know is what is acceptable clouding?
I see people refer to white spots? is that the same as clouding?

Attached are links to picture of the clouding issue that I am referring to which I felt was excessive but would like others to give their feedback.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...p80/photo3.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...p80/photo2.jpg
post #604 of 609 Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 78
No, if you can see something clearly enough that should not be there but that you are able to photograph, I cannot imagine that would be acceptable.

White dots are literally pinhole size bright white dots. Clouding is large, several inch blobs and paler lightening. Very different.

post #605 of 609 Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Update on my Replacement LCD

Today I received my LC-70EQ10U, about 5hrs ago and I'm very happy with the set so far. It was new in the box, and not a refurbished set like I was told, so that's a big plus to me. The Picture out of box was washed out. The only things I've done so far was set the temp to Mid-low, and moved the color to +15 out of 30 on the user setting. On the old set LE650 I had the color set to -5 or the colors would get over driven, mainly the reds. The off set angle seems better than the old set, still gets washed out just not near as bad, maybe that's because it has double the contrast ratio. When it gets darker out I'll be able to see how bad the clouding is, if any. I'll update on this later. Well it has some clouding on the right side, a bit more than the old set. I don't watch tv in the dark, so I can live with it. All and all, I'm happy with Sharp and there Customer Service. I did end up going to the sharp web site and reg my old set and bought a 3yr. warranty after I noticed the white spot issue.

Last edited by Long Hair; Yesterday at 07:18 PM. Reason: to add more info.
post #606 of 609 Old Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Hair View Post
Today I received my LC-70EQ10U, about 5hrs ago and I'm very happy with the set so far. It was new in the box, and not a refurbished set like I was told, so that's a big plus to me. The Picture out of box was washed out. The only things I've done so far was set the temp to Mid-low, and moved the color to +15 out of 30 on the user setting. On the old set LE650 I had the color set to -5 or the colors would get over driven, mainly the reds. The off set angle seems better than the old set, still gets washed out just not near as bad, maybe that's because it has double the contrast ratio. When it gets darker out I'll be able to see how bad the clouding is, if any. I'll update on this later.

I wonder if I'll have the same experience as you. I noticed the dots yesterday and called the Costco Concierge and opened a ticket but Sharp customer service was closed. Never had time to call back today, will get to it tomorrow. It's a real shame because except for the dots I've been very happy with this tv - it has a pretty clean even screen. Hope your new set works out!
post #607 of 609 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasFlyby View Post
I wonder if I'll have the same experience as you. I noticed the dots yesterday and called the Costco Concierge and opened a ticket but Sharp customer service was closed. Never had time to call back today, will get to it tomorrow. It's a real shame because except for the dots I've been very happy with this tv - it has a pretty clean even screen. Hope your new set works out!
Like you, I was happy with my old set. For the price, I thought this tv had a very good pic. Good luck
post #608 of 609 Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
No, if you can see something clearly enough that should not be there but that you are able to photograph, I cannot imagine that would be acceptable.

White dots are literally pinhole size bright white dots. Clouding is large, several inch blobs and paler lightening. Very different.
So I guess I have to Ask Amazon for a replacement. Is there any way to guarantee a better panel? Like from serial # or manufacture date? mine is May 2014.

Also any test I can run as soon as TV is delivered to know if its good or return it right away?

Appreciate help input.
post #609 of 609 Old Yesterday, 08:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by dealaddict View Post
So I guess I have to Ask Amazon for a replacement. Is there any way to guarantee a better panel? Like from serial # or manufacture date? mine is May 2014.

Also any test I can run as soon as TV is delivered to know if its good or return it right away?

Appreciate help input.
Sorry I really don't know of there being any bad batch.

For test patterns, that's tough. What did you watch to see it appear this time?

There is a DVD of test patterns some people use to age the phosphors in a new plasma, made by some avs folks I think, that might be useful I guess.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , New Lc60le847u 60in Led Lcd 1080p 3d Tv 240hz Lc60le847u , Sharp Lc 60le650u 60 Inch Aquos Led Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page