Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 636 Old 08-17-2014, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasFlyby View Post
I would have but I was at work so I wasn't able to answer my phone. They left a voicemail filling me in in the situation. I will call them tomorrow to see what's going on.

That's good to know. I'm only mildly irritated since the tv is still watchable. I would be pretty pissed if I had an unusable set and they were doing this.
By the way, how many and how big in diameter white spots did your respective sets develop? In which area of the screen? How noticeable are they with regular content?
I ask because I am starting to notice tiny, slightly "brighter" spots somewhat central on the screen. Not necessarily easily noticeable, but I did find them... Wonder how noticeable they need to be for the geek squad guys to recognize it as a defect...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 636 Old 08-17-2014, 08:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Z-Mad,

Mine are confined to the bottom third of the screen. I would say I probably have about 15-20 different dots when I examine up close. Some are small, maybe a pixel or two in size, but a few are much larger (clusters of pixels). One even looks like a tear and is about 1/2 inch long.

I first noticed them when I turned on my Xbox 360. I could see them against the light gray background of the Dashboard menu. I was standing maybe 8-10 feet away from the tv when I noticed them. There are currently three areas I can see from where I sit normally when light colored scenes are on the tv. It's not horrible but I have a feeling it will get worse.
post #633 of 636 Old 08-18-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Z-Mad,

Mine are confined to the bottom third of the screen. I would say I probably have about 15-20 different dots when I examine up close. Some are small, maybe a pixel or two in size, but a few are much larger (clusters of pixels). One even looks like a tear and is about 1/2 inch long.

I first noticed them when I turned on my Xbox 360. I could see them against the light gray background of the Dashboard menu. I was standing maybe 8-10 feet away from the tv when I noticed them. There are currently three areas I can see from where I sit normally when light colored scenes are on the tv. It's not horrible but I have a feeling it will get worse.
Thanks for the details. I have a small grouping of 3 bright spots fairly in the center of the screen, indeed noticeable on light colored screen, if one looks closely enough; and another one that's maybe a 1/4" line (or a tear you are describing) in the lower left corner... Hmmm, I have to think about what to do. They are not exactly noticeable during moving scenes or darker scenes, but the fact that they are there and that I can see them under specific conditions even if only so slightly, makes me nervous, also from the perspective that they might get worse. I still have another 2 years of coverage with my extended Best Buy warranty, so I am considering if to call Geek Squad now, or wait just a bit longer and see if they become more noticeable...
post #634 of 636 Old 08-18-2014, 02:16 PM
Advanced Member

If I could some how be guaranteed it wouldn't get worse I'd probably just keep the set. For the hell of it I just threw up a white screen to see if it's gotten any worse and there are indeed more dots and two more of the tear type formations (although smaller). The dots seem to be working their way upward.

Sharp called again this morning and said they still have no stock to send me. They wouldn't even give me an ETA. It could be days, it could be weeks. So I took to social media and posted a message on their Facebook page summarizing my experience so far with their customer service. Within hours I received a phone call that they are sending me a brand new in box LC70LE650U ... mine was the Costco model #.

I called Costco and confirmed that the rest of my 18 months of warranty will remain for the replacement TV. It's too bad I had to post on their Facebook page to get this result but I'm happy I'm getting a new set.
post #635 of 636 Old 08-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
If I could some how be guaranteed it wouldn't get worse I'd probably just keep the set. For the hell of it I just threw up a white screen to see if it's gotten any worse and there are indeed more dots and two more of the tear type formations (although smaller). The dots seem to be working their way upward.

Sharp called again this morning and said they still have no stock to send me. They wouldn't even give me an ETA. It could be days, it could be weeks. So I took to social media and posted a message on their Facebook page summarizing my experience so far with their customer service. Within hours I received a phone call that they are sending me a brand new in box LC70LE650U ... mine was the Costco model #.

I called Costco and confirmed that the rest of my 18 months of warranty will remain for the replacement TV. It's too bad I had to post on their Facebook page to get this result but I'm happy I'm getting a new set.
I am not surprised. That's why I suggested "getting in their face" a bit. They'll try to get away with as much as possible as long as one remains complacent. See, they know what's the right thing to do, and as soon as you posted on their facebook they had to act properly... Anyway, glad to hear you are getting a new set Now I have to figure what to do with geek squad. My manufacturer warranty is already up, so I'd be dealing with geek squad and Best Buy...
post #636 of 636 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

If I were in your shoes I'd start the process with the Geek Squad. Why waste warranty time on a TV you know is faulty? Just my two cents.
post #637 of 636 Old Yesterday, 01:10 PM

Quote:
If I were in your shoes I'd start the process with the Geek Squad. Why waste warranty time on a TV you know is faulty? Just my two cents.
Yeah, you're right. That's what I was thinking in the end too. I'll just call Geek Squad and see what they say... Thanks...
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , New Lc60le847u 60in Led Lcd 1080p 3d Tv 240hz Lc60le847u , Sharp Lc 60le650u 60 Inch Aquos Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 60le650u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page