Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimits76 View Post

Use this link to download the manual:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/lit_files/83899.pdf

Then go to page 40, and you will see a list of codes along with instructions for programming the remote.  

I haven't really spent much time with the TV remote but in today's world, that list is anemic.  It seems logical to me that an expanded list might be available elsewhere.  Don't forget you can also use AQUOS LINK to connect devices (page 41) if you have items that are supported.

Thanks, I have the manual. Those codes are for programing the TV remote. I want to use a different code for "ON" and "OFF" and different codes for "input1" "input 2" , etc. using a universal remote.
My question is, does the TV accept these codes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:04 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by danr1707 View Post

Thanks, I have the manual. Those codes are for programing the TV remote. I want to use a different code for "ON" and "OFF" and different codes for "input1" "input 2" , etc. using a universal remote.
My question is, does the TV accept these codes?

What brand and model of universal remote are you trying to use?  

I believe what you are seeking to do is called "button mapping" which to my knowledge is not supported on most basic universal remotes.  Advanced remotes like the Harmony does do things like this.

Oddly enough, about 10 years ago I bought a $15 universal remote at Walmart.  Thought it was simple.  A few years later I bought an off brand TV and was searching for codes.  I learned this simple, cheap remote was actually a mid-level remote that did some minor button mapping and custom code inputs.  From what I read, this is rare as there isn't usually much middle ground.

Either way, the functionality and codes that work will be limited to the specific brand & model of universal remote you have.

post #183 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:

What brand and model of universal remote are you trying to use?  

I believe what you are seeking to do is called "button mapping" which to my knowledge is not supported on most basic universal remotes.  Advanced remotes like the Harmony does do things like this.

Oddly enough, about 10 years ago I bought a $15 universal remote at Walmart.  Thought it was simple.  A few years later I bought an off brand TV and was searching for codes.  I learned this simple, cheap remote was actually a mid-level remote that did some minor button mapping and custom code inputs.  From what I read, this is rare as there isn't usually much middle ground.

Either way, the functionality and codes that work will be limited to the specific brand & model of universal remote you have.

Thanks for the reply. I have a Universal Remote MX-3000. There are codes in the database for what I want to do, but it will only work if the TV itself accepts them.
post #184 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 AM

As I am spending more time with this set, and doing more and more tinkering I noticed an "oddity" in my screen.  Because of the way our furniture is arranged, I am currently sitting off center from the TV.  I keep seeing this partial ring / arc on the right side of the screen.  After discovering, I noticed it's noticeable on the left side too, but only if I trade sides.  So when I'm on the left, the left side looks clean and right side has this arc.  And just the opposite when I'm on the right.  When in the middle, you can faintly see this on both sides -- you have to know what to look for and have the perfect background during normal viewing to see it.

That being said, I threw up some black, white, blue, green, red and yellow background pictures on the screen and took pictures.  

** Pictures were taken with my iPhone and I will tell you now that color/uniformity seen on these pictures are not very representative of what I see with my real eyes.  For instance, the first picture shown looks like the TV is displaying a cyan color background.  In reality, it's a darker blue (like being reflected on our lab).  Also I do not see the major "washed out" looking area in the middle of the screen.  On the white picture it looks like there is blue light bleed and again, it's not something you see in real life.  Again, on the yellow screen, in real life you don't see the dark areas to the right of the arc like it's showing.  I'm not sure why the pictures showed this weirdness, and I can't see it w/ my eyes in front of the TV.  ***

I took multiple pictures of various colors because the arc is visible (in person) on all colored backgrounds EXCEPT black.

Can someone help me understand what I am seeing and why?  Thanks

post #185 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:24 AM

I noticed some screen irregularities with my TV the other night and was hoping to get some help.  Any thoughts?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1503705/official-sharp-lcxxle650u-lcxxc6500u-owners-thread#post_24179262

By the way -- mods, can we combine this thread and the other one together?? -- lots of info seem to go together.

post #186 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danr1707 View Post

Thanks for the reply. I have a Universal Remote MX-3000. There are codes in the database for what I want to do, but it will only work if the TV itself accepts them.

Nice remote.  Much nicer than any I have used.  :)

How many Sharp codes do you have in the database?  On the cheap stuff I've used there is normally a dozen or less codes and I found the one(s) that work by trial and error.  None the less, when I get home tonight I will try to find the code my DirecTV remote is using.  It powers on/off the TV, controls the inputs and gives me access to the menu screens so it may be a good starting point for you -- assuming the MX-3000 will recognize the code as the same.

post #187 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:

Nice remote.  Much nicer than any I have used.  smile.gif

How many Sharp codes do you have in the database?  On the cheap stuff I've used there is normally a dozen or less codes and I found the one(s) that work by trial and error.  None the less, when I get home tonight I will try to find the code my DirecTV remote is using.  It powers on/off the TV, controls the inputs and gives me access to the menu screens so it may be a good starting point for you -- assuming the MX-3000 will recognize the code as the same.

There are hundreds of codes. I can load them into the MX-3000, and go to a store and try them. But, I live in a rural area. There are no stores within 3 hours of me that would carry this TV. Any help would be appreciated.
post #188 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

I noticed some screen irregularities with my TV the other night and was hoping to get some help.  Any thoughts?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1503705/official-sharp-lcxxle650u-lcxxc6500u-owners-thread#post_24179262

By the way -- mods, can we combine this thread and the other one together?? -- lots of info seem to go together.

+1

These threads should be merged to bring all things Sharp LE650U together.
csjdmc720 likes this.
post #189 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:

As I am spending more time with this set, and doing more and more tinkering I noticed an "oddity" in my screen.  Because of the way our furniture is arranged, I am currently sitting off center from the TV.  I keep seeing this partial ring / arc on the right side of the screen.  After discovering, I noticed it's noticeable on the left side too, but only if I trade sides.  So when I'm on the left, the left side looks clean and right side has this arc.  And just the opposite when I'm on the right.  When in the middle, you can faintly see this on both sides -- you have to know what to look for and have the perfect background during normal viewing to see it.

That being said, I threw up some black, white, blue, green, red and yellow background pictures on the screen and took pictures.  

** Pictures were taken with my iPhone and I will tell you now that color/uniformity seen on these pictures are not very representative of what I see with my real eyes.  For instance, the first picture shown looks like the TV is displaying a cyan color background.  In reality, it's a darker blue (like being reflected on our lab).  Also I do not see the major "washed out" looking area in the middle of the screen.  On the white picture it looks like there is blue light bleed and again, it's not something you see in real life.  Again, on the yellow screen, in real life you don't see the dark areas to the right of the arc like it's showing.  I'm not sure why the pictures showed this weirdness, and I can't see it w/ my eyes in front of the TV.  ***

I took multiple pictures of various colors because the arc is visible (in person) on all colored backgrounds EXCEPT black.

Well I cannot solve all your questions, for sure, but two things to note:

1. Sitting off axis will introduce more banding etc in the image. Do a search about "LCD off axis" viewing to learn more.
2. Three of those dots you are seeing appear to be related to the lights in the room (reflection artifacts).

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #190 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

btw, is that a 60 or 70?

that thing is huge. eek.gif
post #191 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post

Well I cannot solve all your questions, for sure, but two things to note:

1. Sitting off axis will introduce more banding etc in the image. Do a search about "LCD off axis" viewing to learn more.
2. Three of those dots you are seeing appear to be related to the lights in the room (reflection artifacts).

I will start the research.  In general, I knew sitting off-axis would not yield the best picture (color wash, etc) but never experienced the arc thing before.  Granted, it's not horrible when dead center, but it's still there.  Due to the size of the TV and fact I am nearing the end of my return policy, I didn't know if there was something wrong with my panel or not.  I don't want to switch necessarily, but if it's a must I want to do so before my options run out.

And yes, the 3 dots are from can lights behind me.  In the one picture I drew on, I noted that but you have to maximize it to see my text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

btw, is that a 60 or 70?

that thing is huge. eek.gif

LOL, that is what she said.  :D

Actually, it's an 80" -- and yes, it takes up some space.

post #192 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

It's hard to tell whether this is unusual. Can you visit a store and look at theirs?

Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #193 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I find Gamma -2 too dark for regular tv watching. I have my LC60LE650's Gamma at -1, backlight at 0, and brightness at 4 on standard mode. You might consider a dimmer for those rear lights. They are cheap and fairly easy to install.
post #194 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

I haven't gotten my TV yet so I can' play around with the modes.

But do you notice any motion improvement with it ON vs OFF?

Also, do you notice any artifacts with motion enhacement modes in fast action scenes or sports?

I didn't see any difference to speak of with the settings but there was no ghosting looked great
post #195 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Quote:

Smokarz -- Sorry I forgot to look at and post my exact settings last night as previously noted.  I had too much football watching (and cursing) to do.  smile.gif

Anyhow, here are the baselines I used.  I prefer Game mode because it eliminates all undesired effects.  These are settings done on the 640 set and you may need to tweak to your own preference.  I take no credit here -- if you read the entire thread, Z-Mad did a massive amount of work to get to this point.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1399227/official-2012-sharp-lc-xxle640u-xxc6400u/1260

Those settings are the best I've found so far. The only problem I've found is that in dark scenes there is a grainy look I don't know the right name for it but is there a way to fix it?
post #196 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:

I have the 60 inch and I tried to look for those things you described on my TV and did not notice anything like that.
post #197 of 691 Old 01-08-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:

It's hard to tell whether this is unusual. Can you visit a store and look at theirs?

Sam's is where I purchased my TV.  During initial inspection I didn't notice the arc on the store display.  Of course, I didn't know what to look for either and I was pretty much dead on center axis while viewing.  I will try to get by this weekend and take another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onpoint View Post

I find Gamma -2 too dark for regular tv watching. I have my LC60LE650's Gamma at -1, backlight at 0, and brightness at 4 on standard mode. You might consider a dimmer for those rear lights. They are cheap and fairly easy to install.

I find myself constantly adjusting those settings depending on the time of day/night I am watching TV.  You can't see in the pictures, but to the left of the TV is a wall of 3 decent sized windows.  Behind where I sit is our dining room, which has 2 walls of windows.  So lighting varies quite a bit depending on the time when viewing.  Of course, right now we just have blinds (moved in a few months ago and wife hasn't decided on curtains, etc).  Once those go in, I hope to lessen my trips to adjust the menu settings.

In regards to the can lights...not sure a dimmer would help much.  They are actually from our dining room, and rarely on during normal TV viewing (unless we are hosting a party, etc).  And when that happens, they typically need to be full tits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjdmc720 View Post

Those settings are the best I've found so far. The only problem I've found is that in dark scenes there is a grainy look I don't know the right name for it but is there a way to fix it?

Here are some older settings that Z-Man provided.  After tinkering for awhile, I think I prefer these for movie mode, and the others for GAME & STANDARD modes.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Mad View Post

cp22 (and anyone interested), I couldn't help it and finally got myself my own equipment (C3 meter with Calman 5). Last time I had only borrowed equipment to work with and had to rush the calibration somewhat. So now I'm able to take my sweet time and must say was able to get awesome results that even surpass any previous settings. I started with movie mode and here are the optimal settings. Practically "perfect" white balance/gamma and CMS is more accurate than I thought was doable on this TV (report images below). I highly recommend these settings to anyone (provided they translate correctly on your set). With these settings there is no green tint any more either that I observed with other movie mode settings. I'll be following up with updated game mode soon too.

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: +8 (This can be lowered or increased for amount of light output that suits individual room brightness)
Contrast: +28
Brightness: +2
Color: +4
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: +3
G: +4
C: +1
B: 0
M: 0

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: -9
Y: -11
G: -9
C: -25
B: 0
M: -17

C.M.S. -Value
R: +8
Y: -2
G: -1
C: +8
B: +7
M: +11

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): +28
G Gain (LO): +2
B Gain (LO): -15
R Gain (HI): +7
G Gain (HI): -15
B Gain (HI): -19

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: -2
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Quote:

I have the 60 inch and I tried to look for those things you described on my TV and did not notice anything like that.

Thanks for the confirmation.  As noted above, I think I will run by Sam's this weekend and look at their store display.  If I don't see it there, I will explain the problem I am having and setup an exchange.  My biggest fear is swapping out and getting one that is worse.  But it's probably a necessary risk.

post #198 of 691 Old 01-09-2014, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My biggest fear is swapping out and getting one that is worse.  

That's unlikely. If that is the biggest concern, I'd say definitely go for it. (My biggest issue would be finding time, borrowing a large enough vehicle, and a second pair of hands for the heaving lifting!)

Build Thread:
post #199 of 691 Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:

That's unlikely. If that is the biggest concern, I'd say definitely go for it. (My biggest issue would be finding time, borrowing a large enough vehicle, and a second pair of hands for the heaving lifting!)

Thanks for the encouragement!

Time is always an issue.  But luckily one of my best friend's has a truck and isn't a wimp, lol.  Him and his family come over pretty frequently for gatherings, etc and he is actually the one that helped me get it out of the box and setup in-place.  The TV isn't crazy heavy -- about 125# but the size is awkward so definitely a 2-person job.  And if lifting up to wall mount, it's nice to have a 3rd pair of hands for extra balance.  

post #200 of 691 Old 01-09-2014, 06:44 PM

Does anyone notice a lot of noise in the picture of this TV? I can't figure out how to get rid of it and the noise reduction option isn't really working.
post #201 of 691 Old 01-09-2014, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeffreyxnothing View Post

Does anyone notice a lot of noise in the picture of this TV? I can't figure out how to get rid of it and the noise reduction option isn't really working.

No but with poor sources (ie tv channels on satellite) it is painful to get up close! I can see all the noise from the low bit rates they use.

Build Thread:
post #202 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 06:12 AM

Hi. LC60LE650U here. Does anyone know if the audio sync/distortion issue is inherent in this model or did I just get a lemon?
Was thinking of returning this one to try another.
Thanks!
post #203 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw191 View Post

Hi. LC60LE650U here. Does anyone know if the audio sync/distortion issue is inherent in this model or did I just get a lemon?
Was thinking of returning this one to try another.
Thanks!

I've heard others mention this before, but I have the LC806500U model and haven't experienced it on a "normal" feed.  

I say "normal" because in my configuration I have an Xbox One (XB1) hooked up, and occasionally use the XB1 built-in YouTube app.  This is probably more info than you want, but the thing I like about it is I can sync my YouTube account with a device (currently my Macbook and iPhone) and then use said devices to find and play videos.  Much easier than using the TV remote to find and select videos.  On the device (Macbook/iPhone) side, I have an option to either play as normal on the device screen OR stream the video to my XB1 (which is hooked to the Sharp via HDMI).  When I stream the video from my device to the XB1, there is a noticeable sync issue.  

The only time I get the sync issue is when I introduce the YouTube stream option as detailed above.  If I play a game or bluray "directly/normally" on the XB1 I don't have the sync issues.  No issues with sync on my DirecTV feed or Xbox 360 feeds either (when I don't feed through the XB1 -- read more below).

For those with XB1, you probably know there is a "daisy chain" feature so you can hook up a cable/satellite box (or anything that is HDMI) and run through the XB1 and then output.  When I use the daisy chain feature I noticed PQ degradation and also very minor sync issues.  You had to be pay close attention to notice them.  Eliminating the daisy chain resolved both issues for me -- although it sucks I lost some advertised functionality of the XB1.  To be clear, the PQ and sync issues was limited to the device (in my case, satellite receiver) that hooked to the XB1 and was being daisy chained.  Kind of makes sense as doing it this way makes 1 more stop/time delay.

Here are some possible solutions:

1.  If you running an XB1, eliminate the daisy chain.

2.  Read your receiver manual.  Many can use time delays to correct sync issues.

3.  Use game mode -- it's supposed to be faster.

4.  From what I've read -- the built in TV apps and ARC, in general, can be finicky.  People have reported running an audio optical cable from the TV back to the receiver helps.

post #204 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Not sure what you are hearing but in general the speakers are poor in flat panel tvs.

Build Thread:
post #205 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjeffreyxnothing View Post

I see it on my tv. I am using the directv genie And that's about all I watch. It's so bad I'm seriously considering returning it. It looks ok with 1080i but 720 comes on and I just about can't watch it
post #206 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:

I see it on my tv. I am using the directv genie And that's about all I watch. It's so bad I'm seriously considering returning it. It looks ok with 1080i but 720 comes on and I just about can't watch it

I think I may have figured it out. It's the contrast. If you're using Z-mad's or Cnet's settings and your contrast is at 28, try to lower it gradually until the noise disappears. I settled on my contrast being at 12 and the noise/grains is almost completely gone.
post #207 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 11:32 AM

ote name="xjeffreyxnothing" url="/t/1462376/sharp-60le650u-70le650u-now-available-one-of-the-first-available-2013-tvs/150#post_24190589"]
I think I may have figured it out. It's the contrast. If you're using Z-mad's or Cnet's settings and your contrast is at 28, try to lower it gradually until the noise disappears. I settled on my contrast being at 12 and the noise/grains is almost completely gone.[/quote]

thanks I will try that when I get home I am using Z-MADS settings and C-nets settings
post #208 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 AM

how about active contrast do you have it on or off?
post #209 of 691 Old 01-10-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:

how about active contrast do you have it on or off?

Off
post #210 of 691 Old 01-11-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Just brought the TV home. Some quick impressions.

I immediately dialed in Z-Mad's settings for the GAME mode.

Picture is bright and sharp. Very nice. After watching OTA 1080i channels for about 30 minutes, I have not notice much if any motion blur which is a HUGE difference the last time I've owned an LCD projector and an LCD rear projection TV.

Z-Mad's GAME mode make the picture a little washed out, per my eyes. This is not a discredit to Z-MAD's settings, it might just be my eyes and perhaps a slightly different panel compare to the 640U from last year.

I will try to put a meter to it sometimes later today, or tonight and will provide updates.

Oh, and my wife says the 60" is still too small. Time for another upgrade to a 70"? eek.gif
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sharp , Panasonic Viera Tc L55dt50 , New Lc60le847u 60in Led Lcd 1080p 3d Tv 240hz Lc60le847u , Sharp Lc 60le650u 60 Inch Aquos Led Tv
Gear in this thread - 60le650u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page