Am I looking over a better TV than the Samsung UN55EH6000 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-08-2013, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been scouring the internet and local electronic stores searching for the first TV I will buy on my own and I think Ive finally settled on my choice of the UN55EH6000 or possibly the 60in model. I was also looking at the Vizio E601i-A3 and the Sharp Aquos LC-60LE640U decided on the samsung for the better viewing angle than the other two according to consumer reports.

All I care about in a TV is HD picture quality and having a decent viewing angle. Other factors like remote controls, sound quality, and smarts apps dont matter to me as I will be using other products. 3D has never really interested me and I feel like the extra cost of that is keeping the next level of quality TVs out of my price range. However, if a TV is the best quality in the 1200 and below price range that has it, so be it. I havent used 3D as an excluding factor in my search whatsoever. It just seemed like these 3 TVs were the best bang for my buck.

I have looked at some plasmas that seem to meet these characteristics, but I watch TV in a bright room, during the day most of the time, so I dont think its an option. However, Im not opposed to a plasma at all, if it has good quality and can be used in a bright room.

I was hoping to find 2 things out. First, if people have been happy with the Samsung as a TV. Second, and more importantly, if I have looked over a better option in the 1200 and below price range. Id be willing to go as small as 50ins to get the best picture quality to meet the price range but obviously would like to go as big as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 04:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Liked: 811
Your price range is exactly where I was at. I ended up with the 55LM6700. Costco sells this TV for $1099 and Best Buy will price match it. Otherwise this TV would be out of range anywhere else.

I looked at the Samsung 55" 6500 series which can be found for under $2000 and I did want a 3d TV and was just not impressed with it. If I couldn't get at least the 7100 series I was not interested in the Sammy's. Also looked at a Panasonic 55ET I believe was the model on sale for $999, not even close to the quality of the LG. Also on the LG, the almost non existent bezel just makes the thing look like a piece of art.

I know you will have a lot of people who are all about Samsung here and think they make the greatest TVs ever, but after looking at them, unless you go higher end they just don't have the wow I was expecting from the picture.

I do not know any other models in this range that really hang with these TVs. Sure they make non 3d and non smart TVs but they also usually consist of lower specs as the better TVs do have these options. Hope I some help.

I know the 60" Vizio without 3d runs under $1000 but I was a little skeptical on buying a Vizio. It did look like a nice picture in the store though. I would definitley read through the Vizio thread here first and see what it's users are saying.

Oh, if you can spare $1250 the LG 55LM7600 can be found online. That was just out of my price range though or I would have went with that model.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Here is a pic of the 55lm6700 in action. Pure beauty!

post #4 of 7 Old 03-09-2013, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Abes of Maine is selling the 7600 for 935. Do you know if Best Buy will price match?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauber103 View Post

Abes of Maine is selling the 7600 for 935. Do you know if Best Buy will price match?
That is not on Bestbuy's price match list but you do realize this price is for the 47" right?
post #6 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 09:21 PM - Thread Starter

Good point. I didnt notice that. Another site did the price and shop option wrong. They had the specs up from a 55 model but they price and shop went to the 47.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-10-2013, 10:02 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauber103 View Post

I have been scouring the internet and local electronic stores searching for the first TV I will buy on my own and I think Ive finally settled on my choice of the UN55EH6000 or possibly the 60in model. I was also looking at the Vizio E601i-A3 and the Sharp Aquos LC-60LE640U decided on the samsung for the better viewing angle than the other two according to consumer reports.

All I care about in a TV is HD picture quality and having a decent viewing angle. Other factors like remote controls, sound quality, and smarts apps dont matter to me as I will be using other products. 3D has never really interested me and I feel like the extra cost of that is keeping the next level of quality TVs out of my price range. However, if a TV is the best quality in the 1200 and below price range that has it, so be it. I havent used 3D as an excluding factor in my search whatsoever. It just seemed like these 3 TVs were the best bang for my buck.

I have looked at some plasmas that seem to meet these characteristics, but I watch TV in a bright room, during the day most of the time, so I dont think its an option. However, Im not opposed to a plasma at all, if it has good quality and can be used in a bright room.

I was hoping to find 2 things out. First, if people have been happy with the Samsung as a TV. Second, and more importantly, if I have looked over a better option in the 1200 and below price range. Id be willing to go as small as 50ins to get the best picture quality to meet the price range but obviously would like to go as big as possible.

I tried Samsung ES7100 before. Worst TV I've seen in my lifetime. (1) The menus is very user-unfriendly, for example you have to go through hoops to enable gaming mode, (2) there is a "feature" called CE dimming and you cannot turn it off. When a mostly dark picture (such as dark space in a sci-fi movie) is being displayed, the TV will automatically turn down backlight. It is very, very annoying. The picture quality is not that great, either.

I have a Panasonic 55DT50 which I got from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $700 and I am very happy with it. There are some minor problems with backlighting and screen uniformity (most TVs do these days). I called Panasonic and emailed them a few pics. They said they will review my claim. If they fix or replace my TV, I will keep it. If not....I might still keep it, or I might return it and get a Sharp 60 650u. This deal is no longer available. Currently 55DT50 is selling for 1100+ used.

I agree with one of the posts - LG is pretty good. In particular, the picture on my 55DT50 looks a bit too cold. Warm color temperature makes it a little too warm. I saw a few LG TVs at Best Buy and I think the color temperature is spot on D6500K.

Sharp's 2013 60 inch 650u is available on Amazon for $1199. Toshiba's 58L7300U is also worth consideration if you do not need 3D.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55eh6000 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread - Un55eh6000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page