Ultra-thin bezel on 55" to 60" up to $1000 - which models should I consider? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-11-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just bought a new house and In the future I will be setting up a project-based home theater in my basement. Right now though I am looking for a 55" to 60" HDTV to mount on the wall above the fireplace. The room is decorated in very light colors; yellow, white and cream, so a thick black bezel around the TV will detract from the rest of the room. Which is why my main focus is on minimizing the bezel and/or blending the TV into the rest of the room.

Because this won't be our main movie & TV watching display I'm less concerned about picture quality and features and more about the physical look. High quality built-in speakers would also be a benefit as there will not be a full surround sound set-up in this room.

I've looked at the Toshiba 55L6200U and it looks great. I'm just wondering what other TV's I should consider. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM

Liked: 14
The bezel on the Vizio E60i1-a3 is about as thin as I've seen.

Very happy with mine!

edit. Not as thin as that Toshiba I notice!
post #3 of 5 Old 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM

Liked: 11
Sharp 60 650U. It is available on Amazon for $1199.

The Vizio is $1000, only 200 cheaper than the Sharp. Since the price difference is so small I would get the Sharp.

If you wait few weeks there might even be a price cut.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygy View Post

We just bought a new house and In the future I will be setting up a project-based home theater in my basement. Right now though I am looking for a 55" to 60" HDTV to mount on the wall above the fireplace. The room is decorated in very light colors; yellow, white and cream, so a thick black bezel around the TV will detract from the rest of the room. Which is why my main focus is on minimizing the bezel and/or blending the TV into the rest of the room.

Because this won't be our main movie & TV watching display I'm less concerned about picture quality and features and more about the physical look. High quality built-in speakers would also be a benefit as there will not be a full surround sound set-up in this room.

I've looked at the Toshiba 55L6200U and it looks great. I'm just wondering what other TV's I should consider. If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygy View Post

Thanks

The L6200 is a great option given what you're looking for. Solid performance, nice aesthics, backed by a top-tier brand.

I personally think you can find more viable options than the Vizio model in question here.

I'd also give a strong look at the EH6000 series from Samsung, solid performance for the price, and has a very low-profile bezel.

60F8000; RX-V367; TSi300 x2; YST-SW102; Harmony 650; Apple TV; Microsoft Xbox One Console; RF-HTS120;

xRite i1 Display Pro (OEM); CalMAN 5 Basic; ColorHCFR
post #5 of 5 Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I ended up getting the Toshiba 55L6200U and love it. The thin bezel really makes a difference aesthetics-wise. I've got it mounted with a super low-profile mount, it nearly looks like a window.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Toshiba 55l6200u 55 Inches 1080p 120hz 3dp Smart Tv , Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv , Toshiba 47 Inch 47l6200u
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page