Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1267 Old 10-26-2013, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post

I have the 55LA6900 and the browser on it is useless as well. Unless LG rewrites it for the LA6900/7400, which is doubtful, it is a waste. Fortunately I have my PC connected via HDMI and can use it for browsing when it is needed in the family room.
I do the same, connect via HDMI. I'm moving in a couple of weeks and hope to setup dual monitors, as it's a bit of a pain switching back and forth - and sometimes I'd like to see both at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginormous View Post

I wonder what would happen if I changed the country code to Australia. Anyone know?
I haven't tried changing country code but would guess that you'd no longer get any USA channels as the tuners would be set to Australia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1267 Old 10-27-2013, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post

What calibration?

Under Sound settings, there is a setting called AV Sync. Adjust. I have it turned on, and once I click it, I have the option to change the delay. I have my Xbox 360 connected to one of the TV HDMI inputs, and sound is routed via optical cable from the TV to my AV receiver to play through my surround speakers.

post #633 of 1267 Old 10-28-2013, 09:36 AM

Liked: 10
I just bought this TV on Fri through the Microcenter $900 deal (Denver Microcenter, Best Buy would not price match)

Question about the remote and/or TV remote sensor. I have a Logitech Harmony 900 and it's setup to really only control the power toggle of the TV since everything else is controlled through the DirecTV box and my Onkyo TX-SR608 receiver. The problem is that the TV will not consistently power on and off with the 900 remote. I have to power it on/off with the magic remote, but also noticed that it's rather inconsistent too. I discovered that if I hold the 900 and magic remotes upright and at around head level (from sitting on my couch, around 10 ft away from the TV) that the power command functions a lot better.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? I'm thinking this could be an issue with the remote sensor on the TV??? I dont think it's the remotes since I've never had IR problems with the 900 and the magic remote is also set it up to control the DirecTV box and it's very responsive to the remote commands even though the receiver is on the other side of the room, not in direct site, and somewhat hidden.

Thanks for your help.
post #634 of 1267 Old 10-29-2013, 04:08 AM

I could be way off track here, but my Logitech Harmony One is collecting dust because I thought it uses IR and the LG Magic Remote uses Bluetooth. If that's true, they are different technologies and it's a wonder that your remote works at all.

My Magic Remote power buttons work perfectly without pointing at it. My eye level is just above the bottom of the set and 8' away.
post #635 of 1267 Old 10-29-2013, 09:02 AM

I believe the magic remote is a combo of bluetooth, RF, and IR. Bluetooth for at least the motion functions and IR, RF for all the other commands (IR at least power and wheel scroll???) The TV definitely works with the IR of the Harmony One, but in my case not that well especially with the power toggle. Logitech has the LA7400 in it's DB since all the relevant commands sync to the remote.

I like the magic remote, but it cannot be my everyday remote since it's not very conducive to DirecTV channel changing, navigation, etc. I found the following threads which suggests unpairing the magic remote will enable more IR commands. I'll try this out tonight.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony-Remotes/LG-55LM7600-Issues/td-p/809783
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1473205/controlling-lg-tv-with-magic-remote-using-the-dish-network-remote
post #636 of 1267 Old 10-29-2013, 11:18 AM

I have a question that I really wonder why it hasn't been talked about in greater detail. I have looked through all 22 pages and have seen the question come up a few times but not get much attention. Amazon lists the 60LA7400' as "Direct LED w/ Dimming". Isn't that a really big deal, like the Holy Grail of LED TV technology? Does the 60 have a much better picture than the 55? Are edge-lit deficiencies non-existent on the 60 as well? Or is the amazon listing incorrect?

Thanks for your help!
post #637 of 1267 Old 10-29-2013, 04:13 PM

Actually, most people (users and reviewers alike) seem to agree that the picture is better with the local dimming feature turned off. I'm quite happy with my picture, but I have the 55" so I can't comment on the quality of the direct + dimming.

post #638 of 1267 Old 10-29-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:

Actually, most people (users and reviewers alike) seem to agree that the picture is better with the local dimming feature turned off. I'm quite happy with my picture, but I have the 55" so I can't comment on the quality of the direct + dimming.
Thanks for the info! I was not aware most people like the picture with local dimming off. I just chatted with LG live help to ask them about the 60 back-light tech and here is what they said.

Louis: is a LED plus: LG LED Plus backlighting delivers superior brightness, clarity and color detail from the edges of the screen, resulting in an amazingly thin, energy efficient LED TV. As an added benefit, it also features local dimming, which provides a higher contrast ratio and deeper blacks.
Louis: 60LA7400 is a LED plus is not a edge lit.

whatever that means...
post #639 of 1267 Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsfunaz View Post

whatever that means...

I find it pretty confusing as well.

For USA models, both state that they are LED Plus technology with local dimming.

For Australia models, only the 55" states that it has local dimming (and the model number is 7410 for 60"):

http://www.lg.com/au/tvs/lg-55LA7400

http://www.lg.com/au/tvs/lg-60LA7410

I'm pretty happy with the 55". smile.gif
post #640 of 1267 Old 10-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsfunaz View Post

Thanks for the info! I was not aware most people like the picture with local dimming off. I just chatted with LG live help to ask them about the 60 back-light tech and here is what they said.

Louis: is a LED plus: LG LED Plus backlighting delivers superior brightness, clarity and color detail from the edges of the screen, resulting in an amazingly thin, energy efficient LED TV. As an added benefit, it also features local dimming, which provides a higher contrast ratio and deeper blacks.
Louis: 60LA7400 is a LED plus is not a edge lit.

whatever that means...

I remember some people talking about the LED Plus lighting on the 60" somewhere on this forum, but I don't remember their conclusion. This thread is pretty long. Maybe you can do a search and find it.

post #641 of 1267 Old 11-03-2013, 06:25 AM

Dear friends,

I wonder if anyone face this problem with the Magic remote of 7400. Whenever I press the 123/Q.menu button on the remote, THIS FUNCTION IS NOT AVAILABLE NOW message appears on the TV.

My TV is only one week old and working fine except this problem.

Experts, please help.

Regards,

George

post #642 of 1267 Old 11-03-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reji Mannil View Post

Dear friends,
I wonder if anyone face this problem with the Magic remote of 7400. Whenever I press the 123/Q.menu button on the remote, THIS FUNCTION IS NOT AVAILABLE NOW message appears on the TV.

Experts, please help.

Regards,
George

It works on mine. Maybe a software update is needed? I'm currently using the newest, version 5.
post #643 of 1267 Old 11-03-2013, 07:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark41 View Post

It works on mine. Maybe a software update is needed? I'm currently using the newest, version 5.
There's new software for the tv?
post #644 of 1267 Old 11-03-2013, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog510 View Post

There's new software for the tv?

Go to "Settings", "Support" and check the software version. I got my TV about 2 months ago and it came with version 3.3.
Since then there's been 2 updates. I believe they were 4.? and now 4.01.09.

Edit: Thought I was on version 5, guess not.

Good luck! smile.gif
post #645 of 1267 Old 11-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Go to "Settings", "Support" and check the software version. I got my TV about 2 months ago and it came with version 3.3.
Since then there's been 2 updates. I believe they were 4.? and now 4.01.09.

Edit: Thought I was on version 5, guess not.

Good luck! smile.gif
My tv is on 4.00.34
post #646 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Dear Dark,
Mine is 03.20.34. When I check for update it says its the latest version. Where did u get this update version 5. My TV is wifi connected and I tried through the TV itself.
post #647 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM

Dear Friends,

Mine is still version 3.20.34. When I check for update it says you have the current version. How do you all update ?My TV is WIFI connected.

Regards

post #648 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 PM

Liked: 11
Click on check for updates
post #649 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan5 View Post

Click on check for updates

Yes..I did and it says you are using lastest software version.

post #650 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:

I tried to update and it says "you are using the lastest software version. And my version is 3.20.34. Any thoughts anyone.

post #651 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Quote:

I tried to update and it says "you are using the lastest software version. And my version is 3.20.34. Any thoughts anyone.
What country are you in? The current version may vary by country.
post #652 of 1267 Old 11-04-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:

What country are you in? The current version may vary by country.

Hi Ginormous,

I am in KUWAIT. Seems you are right. I downloaded the 4.019 version from USA site and it dors nnt work on my TV. The 123/Q.menu function on your magic remote is working ??Thats my issue. It does not work. Any advice please ??

post #653 of 1267 Old 11-05-2013, 06:26 AM

Just bought this TV yesterday, picture seems so washed out compared to my last plasma, WOW. I feel like i got ripped off with this one... will be returning this today and getting another plasma...
post #654 of 1267 Old 11-05-2013, 12:23 PM

haha, because this tv is not a plasma tv. Really Hope Panasonic can continue their plasma tv line... you better get a good one ? no more plasma soon....
post #655 of 1267 Old 11-05-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Hi Ginormous,

I am in KUWAIT. Seems you are right. I downloaded the 4.019 version from USA site and it dors nnt work on my TV. The 123/Q.menu function on your magic remote is working ??Thats my issue. It does not work. Any advice please ??

Reji,

Yes, I just checked and it works on my TV. Pushing that button pops up a window on the side of the screen showing a number pad plus a few other buttons. I haven't used that at all, so you're probably not really missing much.

Ginormous

post #656 of 1267 Old 11-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown024 View Post

Just bought this TV yesterday, picture seems so washed out compared to my last plasma, WOW. I feel like i got ripped off with this one... will be returning this today and getting another plasma...

Maybe you got a dud. It happens.

post #657 of 1267 Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown024 View Post

Quote:

Maybe you got a dud. It happens.
`

Mine came with what I'd consider a "flat" picture too. Matching up settings with recommended by experts didn't improve it much, if any. Setting each control manually, I was able to get a very nice picture.

If you can't get a nice picture with manual adjustments, I'd sure consider taking it back.

I also purchased a Disney WOW Blu-ray disc for calibration, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Plasma was never an option for me because of the heat they produce and power consumption. Electricity bills in Australia are out of control and getting worse.
To each their own.
post #658 of 1267 Old 11-06-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:

`

Mine came with what I'd consider a "flat" picture too. Matching up settings with recommended by experts didn't improve it much, if any. Setting each control manually, I was able to get a very nice picture.

If you can't get a nice picture with manual adjustments, I'd sure consider taking it back.

I also purchased a Disney WOW Blu-ray disc for calibration, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Plasma was never an option for me because of the heat they produce and power consumption. Electricity bills in Australia are out of control and getting worse.
To each their own.

The built in "Picture Wizard" app got my picture to where it was quite good, then I tweaked it with a calibration Blu-ray. Cheers!

G

post #659 of 1267 Old 11-07-2013, 12:10 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:

Dear friends,

Experts, please help.

Regards,
George

Quote:

Reji,
Yes, I just checked and it works on my TV. Pushing that button pops up a window on the side of the screen showing a number pad plus a few other buttons. I haven't used that at all, so you're probably not really missing much.

Ginormous

Have you programmed/configured any HDMI connected devices. The 123/Q button will pull up a virtual remote to control an HDMI connected device if one is configured. (Does so for me anyway - in USA).
post #660 of 1267 Old 11-07-2013, 03:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad Dib View Post

a) Just select ISF Expert 1 and make all changes to with that as your custom setup. Then you can switch back and forth between the ISF settings and the factory setting for comparison until you get what you like.

b) Do not "apply to all inputs" until you are sure you like the settings and you have not made any mistakes.. You can always come back later and "apply to all inputs" once you are satisfied. Just remember that each input has its own input specific settings. So until you do "apply to all inputs" you are running the other inputs with its own "factory" settings. For instance if you switch from the STB on HDMI1 to the DVD on HDMI2. Personally I did "apply to all inputs" once I had all the 20pt white balance setting correct. Note that only "applied" the White Point settings to the ISF1 calibration setup option of the other inputs so you can still switch back to factory default "Cinema", "Standard" etc.

3) Select the 20pt White Balance option (with Luminescence at 130) and enter each setting for each IRE point. Enter one IRE point (starts at 100) - change the settings then repeat. Takes a few minutes.

Note that "Reset" does not reset the 20pt White Balance settings. You can switch between 20pt and 2pt at any time.

Did you mean you have to enter all 20 sets of IRE points (IRE @100: -32, 0, 2) starting from 100, 95, ...to 5? or you could just pick a set of IRE point between 100 & 5 only because the la7400 only accepts one set of number only.

IRE Red Green Blue
100 (130 Luminance) -32 0 2
95 -28 -13 -7
90 -16 0 8
85 -9 -6 -9
80 0 -8 -7
75 -1 -16 -17
70 -1 -14 -12
65 -6 -24 -20
60 -10 -21 -13
55 -16 -24 -18
50 -16 -21 -15
45 -18 -21 -18
40 -15 -20 -14
35 -17 -18 -17
30 -15 -17 -17
25 -16 -17 -19
20 -18 -19 -24
15 -20 -18 -26
10 -18 -18 -50
5 10 8 50
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55la7400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Smarttv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page