Official 2013 LG xxLA7400 Owner's Thread. - Page 44 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #1291 of 1292 Old Today, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by E55 KEV View Post
I have a 55LA7400 also but none of the problems you have. I just want to note that I also have a same year 55GA7900 and the Wi-Fi always seem to need to be reconnected quite frequently. I had an Ethernet cable plugged in back and after I removed the cable from back of TV the performance was better. TV was prolly defaulting to the Ethernet cable.

Additionally, one night my 7900 was completely unresponsive to remote and the buttons on the side. I could not access Smart features, menu, inputs or settings. I was ready to call for service until I unplugged it from the wall for a few minutes it started performing normally. Perhaps the set had a power surge. I recently moved TV to another room and now realize I did not have TV on a surge protector.

Hope your issues can be fixed.

Consider yourself lucky. It happened sometime last year and I guess I just figured that a future update would of fixed it. I would always update normally whenever the tv detected an update via wifi. One day after I took one of the updates, the tv was just never the same. Wifi is totally broken for me right now. I have to plug in ethernet to get it to 'somewhat' connect. Even then with ethernet, the apps are mostly broken. It's to the point that I just kinda want to get rid of it or sell it but I don't want to sell it as a 'broken' smart TV.

The TV itself does function however perfectly, just all the smart features are essentially useless and navigating menus can be painfully slow at times. I can't use the features I used to like best about the TV like the LG smart remote app that allowed to take screenshots, etc. Luckily I have other sources for netflix, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 1292 Unread Today, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I don't have anything new to offer. If the suggestions on the last page don't work, I'd try contacting LG support. Hope you get it sorted.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg 55la7400 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Smarttv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm8600 55 Inch Cinema 3d Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page