Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 100 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2971 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have no clue what the 60" was since I didn't think it would be an issue.

im not sure which panel the 55" is either though; how do you tell?

as for the april date, I got it from amazon just a couple days ago; what month should I have received? im ready to send it back anyway....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR1MM View Post

Another day, another update. Any idea what this update did?

I'm curious as well. No info. about 1112 on the Samsung site, at least not yet.
post #2973 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by markgca View Post

I have no clue what the 60" was since I didn't think it would be an issue.

im not sure which panel the 55" is either though; how do you tell?

as for the april date, I got it from amazon just a couple days ago; what month should I have received? im ready to send it back anyway....

You said the 55" is TS01, that's what I meant by panel type. I would think you should have gotten an August or September build, latest July.
post #2974 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreb View Post

You said the 55" is TS01, that's what I meant by panel type. I would think you should have gotten an August or September build, latest July.

I think the 60" said the same thing, TS01

if that a good panel or a bad panel?
post #2975 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMonger1 View Post

Standard should work well for this. You could also punch it up a bit for hockey with dynamic contrast to medium. Unless you are worried about losing shadow detail on the puck smile.gif

Hahaha smile.gif

Thank you for the advice ! I put the standard mode with dynamic contrast but i don't know if i have a vision problem , but i'm pretty sure 1 hour after the start of the hockey game, the backligth have decrease a lot !

Everybody here are very helpful, thanks a lot so i have an other question for you ! I use Buzzard767 setting ;;

Movie Mode
BL 10
Cont 94
Brite 45
Sharp 0
Color 48
G/R 50/50 G49 R51
Pic Size - screen fit
Pic Options
Color temp - Warm 2
Film Mode Auto 2
Auto Motion Plus > Custon > Blur = 10, Judder = 0, Clear = off
Adv
Color Space - Auto
10 point WB - Off
White Balance:
ro 25
go 26
bo 26
rg 16
gg 25
bg 23

For tv and bluray. The big problem i have rigth now, it's the HDMI Black Level. Buzzard don't say if i have to use Low or Normal.

If if use normal, the black look more grey than black. And if use Low mode, the dark are very too dark, i loose a lot of detail and shadows. Did you know if its better to use low mode and adjust something ? Or continu to use normal mode with the grey black ??
post #2976 of 7756 Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlalani View Post

I'm an owner of predecessor model (D8000) coming here to ask a question in more active thread.

In this model, when using CEC on a PS3, does AnyNet switch to the RF tuner when the PS3 is powered off?

Any way around this?

Yes it still goes to the tuner, I really don't see the benefit of using any net with the ps3 ...I mean it turns on or off together but you can't control any features other than that and since the PS3 pretty much requires a controller to use what's the point? I'd leave it off

NEW UPDATE 1112 is out FYI, no word on what it has ...I updated and still looks as good as before, I currently run AMP on all the time regardless of issues, so if I don't notice any issues I'll report, give it a few days to see.
post #2977 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 01:38 PM

I don't have the tv yet. So what is AMP?
post #2978 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 01:39 PM

Liked: 12
One thing the new update fixed for me was the YouTube app. It opens automatically when I send a video from my tablet to the TV again.
post #2979 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post

I don't have the tv yet. So what is AMP?

Auto Motion Plus....I prefer it off but some on here like it set different ways. It is supposed to help the judder and movement of fast scenes but I feel like it adds a soap opera effect and causes more judder on movement.

We all see differently so I suggest you try it on all settings and custom ones that people here use and decide for your self if it helps or not.

You will love the TV when you get it!
post #2980 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 03:20 PM

AMP (auto motion plus) does not create the soap opera effect directly ...the de-judder inside the setting is what creates the soap opera effect, the higher the setting the more effect is noticeable, clear motion and de-blur do not create the soap opera effect these settings are available in custom ...four settings, clear, standard, smooth, and custom, in clear there is no soap opera effect and in standard there is a minute amount and smooth has a significant effect, I like custom but I like to have a little bit of de-judder set at 3-4 personally and de-blur set at 10 with LED clear motion on ...I feel with these settings it gets rid of the issues of the LCD and make it more theater screen like.
post #2981 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeazeTM View Post

AMP (auto motion plus) does not create the soap opera effect directly ...the de-judder inside the setting is what creates the soap opera effect, the higher the setting the more effect is noticeable, clear motion and de-blur do not create the soap opera effect these settings are available in custom ...four settings, clear, standard, smooth, and custom, in clear there is no soap opera effect and in standard there is a minute amount and smooth has a significant effect, I like custom but I like to have a little bit of de-judder set at 3-4 personally and de-blur set at 10 with LED clear motion on ...I feel with these settings it gets rid of the issues of the LCD and make it more theater screen like.

Like I said we all see things differently. I see the soap opera effect on every AMP setting no matter what. But that's just my eyes. To each their own and that's why there are so many settings.
post #2982 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode11 View Post

One thing the new update fixed for me was the YouTube app. It opens automatically when I send a video from my tablet to the TV again.

Lucky.... The update didn't fix that for me at all.
post #2983 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 05:40 PM

The
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

Like I said we all see things differently. I see the soap opera effect on every AMP setting no matter what. But that's just my eyes. To each their own and that's why there are so many settings.

The guy said he doesn't have the TV yet so he can't try out different settings, I explained the difference in settings rather than just saying what I felt so he can get an idea.
post #2984 of 7756 Old 09-17-2013, 06:52 PM

biggrin.gif
post #2985 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERKEY99 View Post

I don't really notice any SOE using AMP set to "Clear" (at least nothing objectionable) and I believe I'm pretty sensitive to SOE. To me, "Clear" definitely looks better than "Off" on a lot of content, as LCDs seem to require at least a little motion interpolation to overcome their inherent weaknesses. With AMP set to "Standard" or higher however, SOE is way too pronounced for me!
post #2986 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 06:39 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

I don't really notice any SOE using AMP set to "Clear" and I believe I'm pretty sensitive to SOE. To me, "Clear" definitely looks better than "Off" on a lot of content, as LCDs seem to require at least a little motion interpolation to overcome their inherent weaknesses. With AMP set to "Standard" or higher however, SOE is way too pronounced for me!

Like it has been said before everyone's eyes are different. But in the years I spent selling tvs I've have plenty of time to tweak plasma and LCD and turn on and off every setting imaginable and compare technologies side by side with the same panel sizes on the same or similar settings. Judder in my opinion is identical on plasma and LCD. It has to do with frame rate of content, not the panel technology. Motion blur is an inherent problem of LCD. I would say motion blur 10 and clear motion on do minimize motion blur to the best extent I've seen any LCD, but of course it's still there. I personally don't even like dejudder at 1, I can see the frame interpolation, and I definitely see it on clear. But another person may not. I do like how samsung is the only one that allows you to operate de blur and de judder independently. When I was selling tvs Sony had the features tied together so if you wanted one you had to have the other. Judder gets more pronounced the bigger the set gets as well as the more the signal gets processed . For example: with AMP off there is more judder in dynamic than in movie mode (assuming you turn off dynamic contrast and other processing in movie mode). Looking at Sony tvs next to samsung, both with AMP and motion flow off with the same size panels the Sonys typically had less judder. Game mode on both tvs minimized judder as well. This is why I chose sony for my last tv. Sony typically charges more than samsung for two reasons. 1. They charge for their name brand (even though samsungs name carries just as much weight these days). 2. They typically put a slightly higher caliber of chipsets and panels in their tvs. Samsung puts very good quality components in their tvs, but slightly less than Sony and then makes up the difference in very good software processing. This is why samsung can always afford to be a little cheaper than sony, and why sony goes broke trying to match samsungs prices smile.gif It's the basic difference between hardware accelerated and software accelerated. That being said I decided to try samsung this time around for a couple of reasons. I was tired of the flat muted colors and design of my Sony. It looked good, but it didn't look like I just spent $3000 dollars on it. I tried the samsung because of its amazing design and color pop. The color pop is good while still being very accurate with the F8000. It is kind of a mix of my old Sony and the ES8000 that had more of a color pop because the colors were less accurate and able to be way over saturated if you wanted it to be. I am pretty picky and I actually like the F8000 better than my Sony LCD. I had the Z4100 which is quite old now, and the matte screen was great for reflections, but couldn't match the deep blacks if this set. And now the game mode on each tv is matched. When buying this new tv it was again between the sonys and samsungs. I was looking at the old Sony hx929, hx950, or the new w900a vs this tv in 60 inches. Part of me wanted one of the last local dimmers made because of the deep blacks. I would want my picture to be perfect for that price though. The haloing and 5 inch loss with a higher price tag killed the local dimmers for me. The w900a 55 inch was then the forerunner for the same price as the 55F8000. I think that the input lag, color, and blacks are ever so slightly better on the w900a than the f8000, but the extra 5 inches was the most important factor for me. It is amazing what those 5 inches can do. If Sony made a 60 inch version of the w900a I might have been tempted, but a bigger screen brings me deeper into the movie experience than black levels and color reproduction can. The blacks and colors on this set are amazing, the difference is ever so slight with the Sony. If there was a larger gap it may have swayed me. But for the amazing picture on this set combined with an amazing design that just looks like a $3000 set over the stupid sony ring stand, this tv won. The extra five inches is so worth it, 60 even seems small after a couple months lol. Finally I never thought I would use the smart features of this tv, but watching netflix without firing up my ps3 is very nice, and the web browser with a "mouse like" remote is way better than the ps3 with a controller. Over all I am very pleased with this set and have no regrets after not getting a Sony. For anyone thinking of getting this set, do it. This is the best edge lit LCD that samsung has ever made picture wise and feature wise. Oh and the 3d is way better than the sonys if you like that sort of thing smile.gif
post #2987 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 55
As more time goes by, the more I'm leaning towards this set. Before I go ahead and pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions.

Is there a specific lot # or serial # or manufactured date I should be looking for? I know when I got my old set, I was told to look for a certain manu. date as they had less problems than the older ones. I'm just curious if the same applies to this set.
Also, if there is something specific I'm looking for, how do I go about making sure I get that without having a sales associate look through every box to find it? I'm sure they really wouldn't appreciate such a request.
post #2988 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

As more time goes by, the more I'm leaning towards this set. Before I go ahead and pull the trigger, I have a couple of questions.

Is there a specific lot # or serial # or manufactured date I should be looking for? I know when I got my old set, I was told to look for a certain manu. date as they had less problems than the older ones. I'm just curious if the same applies to this set.
Also, if there is something specific I'm looking for, how do I go about making sure I get that without having a sales associate look through every box to find it? I'm sure they really wouldn't appreciate such a request.

My tv was manufactured in June with a ts01 panel and I've had no problems. One user said that that actually requested a us01 panel from best buy for delivery and they obliged smile.gif
post #2989 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 55
ts01 or us01? You mentioned both.
post #2990 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

ts01 or us01? You mentioned both.

Appeartly both are good I've only had experience with the ts01. Without knowing for sure I would guess that ts01, us01, th01, and td01 are good samsung panels and hs01 or ms01 are inferior sharp panels.
post #2991 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Off-topic, anyone following the Macbook Pro retina display controversy? It seems Apple let both LG and Samsung make retina displays, and the LG ones have Image Retention. However, the LG ones are apparently deemed superior by many for color qualities. Anyway, it is interesting to see computer monitors get the same going over TVs get in here.
post #2992 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 01:09 PM

Just had a 65F8000 delivered and I am trying to Mirror the screen to my Galaxy Tab 3 ( GT-P5210). Skimmed all 100 pages of this forum and all other referances were made to the Tab 2... if anyone has been able to make this work I could use some help.
post #2993 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 03:08 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by elJefe2427 View Post

Just had a 65F8000 delivered and I am trying to Mirror the screen to my Galaxy Tab 3 ( GT-P5210). Skimmed all 100 pages of this forum and all other referances were made to the Tab 2... if anyone has been able to make this work I could use some help.

This function worked very easy for me. Are both TV and Tablet connected to same network(and if so, both via wifi?)? Did you install the correct samsung android app? Did you click "allow control/access" on the tv?

I no longer have the TAB 2 as when I exchanged from a 55 to a 60" they took it back from me frown.gif

Although the iOS app was updated last week and I want to tinker with it more to see if I can get the mirror function to work. I believe I posted a picure of my Tab 2 mirroring the screen.
post #2994 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 04:11 PM

I did see your earlier post, and it seams that the issues I'm having are exclusive to the tab 3... The app you used only works with the tab 2
post #2995 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 04:17 PM

Liked: 27
Which OS version are you on? What about the other questions I asked? Have there been other tab 3 posts up here that have non-functionality?

....currently mirroring hasn't worked for me on my Iphone.
post #2996 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgrimes View Post

Which OS version are you on? What about the other questions I asked? Have there been other tab 3 posts up here that have non-functionality?

....currently mirroring hasn't worked for me on my Iphone.

I believe it only works with a Samsung tablet or phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
post #2997 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynblaze View Post

[quote name="adgrimes" url="/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/2970#post_23749472"]Which OS version are you on? What about the other questions I asked? Have there been other tab 3 posts up here that have non-functionality?....currently mirroring hasn't worked for me on my Iphone.[/quote]I believe it only works with a Samsung tablet or phone. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Correcting..
Works on any device that supports it. My galaxy s4 , nexus 7 and lg g2 can use screen mirror/miracast and output to the TV.
Bklynblaze likes this.
post #2998 of 7756 Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Anyone with DTV & unf8000bf with "smart led
on" notice the Dtv banner at top of screen dims every time when changing channels.. If i turn smart led off.. It does not dim at all.. Is this normal ?? Thanks..
post #2999 of 7756 Old 09-19-2013, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Greetings, all:

I took delivery of my 75" F8000 yesterday after much waiting for the right time and price. I think I hit the sweet spot pricewise as it has gone up a thousand dollars since I purchased.. biggrin.gif

I have help coming today to get it all set up. I had to build a new shelf and wasn't sure of the final dimensions needed to accommodate the base. There were two different front-to-back dimensions listed online.

I'm glad I waited, because the base on my set is not rounded like the pictures I've seen on most sets, but is straight across the back. This means a smaller shelf for me and my set sits closer to the wall, which is a good thing in my case. It also explains why there are two different dimensions listed. Mine is 13.5 inches, the other listed size is 16.5, I assume that would be the rounded back version.

I will report back once I'm hooked up and running. I bought this set from Value electronics, and paid the extra 500 for quality check and professional calibration. It will be the first time I've had a set calibrated, so I'm curious to see how that works out.

I also figure the $500 is about what I'd have spent on taxes and/or shipping if I'd bought it elsewhere, except Amazon, but then I'd be taking the chances of having to deal with returns or exchanges. Not a pretty prospect to my mind.

One little glitch so far--the cover is missing from over the connections area/evolution kit. I am in the process of contacting VE. I assume the calibrater forgot to reattach it, and that Robert will make it good.

Will report back later with more...

Dave

post #3000 of 7756 Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Can anyone tell me what the latest firmware update does/addresses? I'm hesitant to upgrade since I love my picture right now.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page