Official Samsung UNxxF8000 Owners Thread - Page 112 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3331 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

You should check out Pricegrabber that's where I plan on buying mine from and right now you can pick one up for around $1,605 so not a bad deal for the unit. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgolgiman View Post

How did you get this? Was it used?

Yes. "Used in like new condition" obviously not what all folks would do but with solid amazon return policy, just the ticket for me.

"Fulfillment by amazon" for some used units. Others are shipped by 3rd party but include amazon backed protection. Buyer beware of course.
post #3333 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post

You should check out Pricegrabber that's where I plan on buying mine from and right now you can pick one up for around $1,605 so not a bad deal for the unit. 

Yes. Great price but beware return policy that includes "no return unless you inspect upon delivery" and find a defect at that moment. Many comments on those retailers suggest a lot of hassles and add-on charges. I was going your route till found the amazon option that, to me, was more palatable.
post #3334 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 03:26 PM

Liked: 31
Anyone else shocked by a Samsung-generated message across the top of the screen- curious when did we give them permission to overlay their content on our sources?
post #3335 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 05:27 PM

I've read in various places that there's a problem with the black level on certain apps like Vudu and Plex, but not on others like Netflix. Is this still the case?
post #3336 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbol View Post

Anyone else having a problem with the voice recognition feature spontaneously activating after updating to Firmware 1114? It's happened to me a number of times since the update. I'm waiting for a response from Samsung.

Mine would activate randomly while using Netflix. Well, partially randomly as it would always activate at the same spots, but those spots were random. I had to turn off voice control as it kept muting the content and wouldn't clear away quickly.
post #3337 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansingh7326 View Post

Hey does the motion sensor work for Netflix ? I'm talking about Netflix streaming from the tv. It used to work for me , but not anymore. I'm wondering if I'm the only one.

I didn't see a reply for this so...

No, motion control does not work while you are in the Netflix app. I can't remember if mine did when I first bought it but I can use motion control the select the app and then I have to use the remote.
post #3338 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walking Dude View Post

I purchased a Samsung UN65F8000BFXZA less than a month ago. I love the television! I have DirecTv, and I have been watching it using default settings right out of the box. I've noticed that on certain channels while watching certain shows, there appears to be occasional pauses or hesitations. For example, I seem to notice it more often while watching Sons of Anarchy on FXHD than while watching Homeland on ShowtimeHD. Are there settings I can adjust on the television to reduce or eliminate these pauses or is this a problem related to DirecTv.

I also have Directv and have these same problems. I have auto motion set to off but I get pauses, hesitations or slowdown mostly on sports. It's very frustrating considering I spent over $2700 on this tv. I'm using the Directv HR24 via HDMI into the 60F8000. I also tried my H25 and it exhibits the same issues.
post #3339 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I just purchased a 55F8000 this past weekend and I am deciding whether to keep it or not and getting the Sony W900 instead. For a day and a half I've been trying to adjust the color and started with the posted CNET settings. They use the Color Tone of Warm2. That seems to make the picture too much of a reddish hue. I backed it off to Warm1. For either settings, I seem to never get a decent flesh color. Always too red faced not natural (high blood pressure).

Another issue is that in a dimly let room, when movie credits are showing (or even the status box that pops up in the middle of the screen when the input is not connected such as the DVD), I see clouding in the middle of all 4 quadrants of the screen while either watching DirecTV or DVD and their credits. I see this even watching Netflix during the movie credits as well. Anyone else seen this?

And finally, yes viewing off center is not to good. Does anyone know if the Sony W900 is any better in this regard? Are all LCD/LED screens like this? I would like to see at least 30 degrees off axis if that is not asking too much.

Thanks.
post #3340 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Advanced Member

I am on my 2nd 60f8000 and wondering how these pics look to everyone, there is some light bleed at the corners, most noticeable at lower left corner and sometimes I notice a small area all the way across the bottom that is lighter (maybe a 1/4" high), also not sure about off angle viewing compared to my 1st set but that set had noticeable vertical banding. So here are some pictures to see what you think. I have only a day to return it to the store (and deal with packing it up and the hassle of explaining to them even though it's no questions asked return policy) -

Iphone4 for pics so please excuse the quality.

let me know if these seem normal or would warrant a return. Thanks
post #3341 of 7411 Old 11-04-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by effadj View Post

And finally, yes viewing off center is not to good. Does anyone know if the Sony W900 is any better in this regard? Are all LCD/LED screens like this? I would like to see at least 30 degrees off axis if that is not asking too much.

Hi effadj, what is the distance from Center Axis before picture suffers? I asked someone before and they responded that no more than 3 people on a couch or about 2 - 3 feet from center. I find that hard to believe. Also, is it much worse looking at the far side of the screen vs near side when viewing off center?
post #3342 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 04:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:

I just purchased a 55F8000 this past weekend and I am deciding whether to keep it or not and getting the Sony W900 instead. For a day and a half I've been trying to adjust the color and started with the posted CNET settings. They use the Color Tone of Warm2. That seems to make the picture too much of a reddish hue. I backed it off to Warm1. For either settings, I seem to never get a decent flesh color. Always too red faced not natural (high blood pressure).

That's basically the problem with using someone else's settings. These consumer displays are not built to the tolerances where settings are necessarily transferable.

With that said, be sure that your display has been warmed up for an hour or two before making a final decision. In plasma tech, there's a color shift as the display warms. I don't know if the same applies to this display but at least you're aware of it and can look for it.

Best of luck.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #3343 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsowens View Post

Hi effadj, what is the distance from Center Axis before picture suffers? I asked someone before and they responded that no more than 3 people on a couch or about 2 - 3 feet from center. I find that hard to believe. Also, is it much worse looking at the far side of the screen vs near side when viewing off center?

Believe it.

I don't understand why you don't just go to a store and look at the TV if you don't believe it? Reading forums and reviews can only do so much.

Once you get about 3 feet off center from about 10-11 feet away from the 65" model, the picture starts to wash out a bit. It's not that it can't be watched, but the picture starts to look different than it does if you're within about 3 feet of the center line (as I stated before, 3 people on a couch is fine - more would be pushing it for perfect PQ). Walk back and forth in front of the screen at your normal viewing distance paying close attention to the picture. Contrast gets worse as you move off the center axis and things start to wash out. Again, this is from 10-11 feet away. Different viewing distances will exhibit different behavior since the viewing angle changes based on distance.
post #3344 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjvnyc View Post

Anyone else shocked by a Samsung-generated message across the top of the screen- curious when did we give them permission to overlay their content on our sources?

Every so often I get a message in the lower left corner saying something about an NFL Mobile app and to push a certain button on my Samsung remote. I'm honestly not sure if this message is part of the commercial or is somehow being sent through by Samsung.

Either way, when I push the button it tells me to, nothing happens.
post #3345 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

Believe it.

I don't understand why you don't just go to a store and look at the TV if you don't believe it? Reading forums and reviews can only do so much.

Once you get about 3 feet off center from about 10-11 feet away from the 65" model, the picture starts to wash out a bit. It's not that it can't be watched, but the picture starts to look different than it does if you're within about 3 feet of the center line (as I stated before, 3 people on a couch is fine - more would be pushing it for perfect PQ). Walk back and forth in front of the screen at your normal viewing distance paying close attention to the picture. Contrast gets worse as you move off the center axis and things start to wash out. Again, this is from 10-11 feet away. Different viewing distances will exhibit different behavior since the viewing angle changes based on distance.
Oh I believe it. I just did not remember to look at the Sony while at the store. Just wondering if anyone did that and it too is about the same. Or is the F8000 just bad compared to all other higher end LCD/LED models.
post #3346 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsowens View Post

I say at about 4 feet off center the loss of contrast starts to happen and grows the more off center you go. If you stand to the side of the display, it's pretty much a milky white picture.
post #3347 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

A full calibration of the F8000 results in excellent skin tones.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #3348 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

A full calibration of the F8000 results in excellent skin tones.
How do I find someone that is good in my area?
post #3349 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:

How do I find someone that is good in my area?

We're here to help. Where do you live?

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #3350 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM

Liked: 27
Quote:

I say at about 4 feet off center the loss of contrast starts to happen and grows the more off center you go. If you stand to the side of the display, it's pretty much a milky white picture.

I'd agree with this. I sit about 13 feet away from my TV and 4-5 feet to my left or right the TV begins to start loosing contrast. Honestly it doesn't bug me because I am the pickiest person that looks at my TV. I don't care what others think as long as I'm happy biggrin.gif as I paid for it.
post #3351 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briant73 View Post

I am on my 2nd 60f8000 and wondering how these pics look to everyone, there is some light bleed at the corners, most noticeable at lower left corner and sometimes I notice a small area all the way across the bottom that is lighter (maybe a 1/4" high), also not sure about off angle viewing compared to my 1st set but that set had noticeable vertical banding. So here are some pictures to see what you think. I have only a day to return it to the store (and deal with packing it up and the hassle of explaining to them even though it's no questions asked return policy) -

Iphone4 for pics so please excuse the quality.

pics in previous post
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/3330#post_23912226

let me know if these seem normal or would warrant a return. Thanks

Bump - anyone?

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1463286/official-samsung-unxxf8000-owners-thread/3330#post_23912226
post #3352 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Possible stupid question: Do the 3D glasses that come with the f8000 have a 1000:1 contrast ratio?
If not what is it?

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
post #3353 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Liked: 17

Looking at those pictures I say it's a keeper !
post #3354 of 7411 Old 11-05-2013, 07:50 PM

Liked: 27

This is such a highly opinionated question you are asking, so take any response with a grain of salt biggrin.gif can you take a shot of a dark scene in a movie(preferably 1080p quality). Taking pictures with iphone(mine does same thing) really over exagerates the light in the tv with the "auto focus" you need to lock it in to a set apeture(its possible...but hard to get the right setting). What settings are you using? Do you have either cinemablack enabled or Smart LED(which low, med, high)? Have you inputted buzz's settings or had it professionaly calibrated? These TV's are still flawed and as time goes on new tech comes out with better TV tech. If you are uhappy with this TV, your best bet is to get a 4K tv and see if you like it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

Every so often I get a message in the lower left corner saying something about an NFL Mobile app and to push a certain button on my Samsung remote. I'm honestly not sure if this message is part of the commercial or is somehow being sent through by Samsung.

Either way, when I push the button it tells me to, nothing happens.
I never get this message...are you guys using the s-reccomend feature? Mine isn't available for my provider.
post #3355 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 03:21 AM

Liked: 15
Does anyone else notice the play button on their non touchpad remote doesn't work anymore since the new update. I have to hit pause and then pause again after ff to get it to play while watching in dvr playback.
post #3356 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti-F1 View Post

Buyer Beware!!! If you're planning on buying the one from Buy Squad you'd better think hard about it. There's a reason that the price is $1,605... NO Samsung warranty for starters. And you might wanna check out their BBB rating. D+ 

I've bought 3 Samsung 8000 TV's over the last 15 month's and each one of them has had some sort of issue, mostly minor, but one of them I went through 3 panels before I was mostly satisfied and it was far from perfect. If you don't mind gambling with your $1600 go ahead, but if you want to protect your investment, buy from an authorized dealer. 

post #3357 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 AM

I received my UN65F8000 on Saturday from amazon and so far I love it, I own a 65ES8000 too that I bought last year and I can tell you that their is a huge improvement on picture quality. I have no flashlight, cloudiness or uniformity to talk about and the cinema black work as advertise but I hate that it don't work yet on videos played using either Plex, Amazon, Vudu or movies play from a nas, basically the option is disable.

post #3358 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGman75 View Post

Buyer Beware!!! If you're planning on buying the one from Buy Squad you'd better think hard about it. There's a reason that the price is $1,605... NO Samsung warranty for starters. And you might wanna check out their BBB rating. D+ 

I've bought 3 Samsung 8000 TV's over the last 15 month's and each one of them has had some sort of issue, mostly minor, but one of them I went through 3 panels before I was mostly satisfied and it was far from perfect. If you don't mind gambling with your $1600 go ahead, but if you want to protect your investment, buy from an authorized dealer. 

Thanks for the info. I will make sure that whoever I buy from is on Samsung Authorized Resellers list.. 

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/authorized_resellers.html#brick

post #3359 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 AM

Liked: 11
Samsung actually will warranty from any seller as long as the product is new when registered.
post #3360 of 7411 Old 11-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulgolgiman View Post

Samsung actually will warranty from any seller as long as the product is new when registered.

Warranty is not valid unless product is purchased from an authorized Samsung dealer.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page