Forum Jump: 

post #3421 of 7583 Old 11-19-2013, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

Suddenly the volume goes louder on it's own and now sounds normal.  So the only thing left, I think, is for the remote to control the STB.  Guess I will delete and re-set it up.

I think the volume just changed back again  Grrrrrrrrrrrr  Maybe it is too early and I have not had enough coffee yet.

Thought to check the sound from my WDTV.  Nice, when I turn on the WDTV it switches the correct HDMI on the receiver.  Also to my surprise the Sammy remote controls the WDTV.  BUT, the sound is not right and have to turn it WAY up.  I did not change anything in regards to the receiver setup, it has always been connect to HDMI-3 (ARC).  There it goes again, all on it own, louder, lower in volume.  I have read many here complaining about ARC and Anynet.  But it was working fine for me until now, switching the STB to HDMI-1 on the TV.  Very strange.

SOII - Started messing around with my soundbar/receiver.  Went through the settings, nothing.  Pressed the stereo button and see stereo or extended stereo.  Sound is perfect on either of those, louder more immersive in extended.  But if I then again hit the surround mode button to chose movie, sports, music it goes back to low, fluctuating sound levels.  So I have the soundbar on extended stereo and all is well...  for now...  Why it would have changed though is beyond me.  Worked fine on movie, sports surround modes before.  I'll have to read the soundbar manual some...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3422 of 7583 Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:

Why it would have changed though is beyond me.  Worked fine on movie, sports surround modes before.  I'll have to read the soundbar manual some...

I can in part answer my own question.  Before the soundbar the STB was on HDMI-1.  Once I put the STB on HDMI-1 on the TV, the soundbar automatically goes to TV/STB channel.  I guess the surrond sound modes don't play well with the audio coming from the TV ARC.  But happy for now, sounds good on Extended Stereo on the soundbar.

I may try optical from the TV to the soundbar, see if it works out any better  *sigh*

post #3423 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 12:06 AM

Liked: 10

Hi

I have recently bought UN60F8000 and this would be my first LED 3D TV. I currently only use Roku XS and Netflix and plan to use them with new TV. I am excited about the 3D and would like to buy some good titles and player.

Can anyone recommend a Blu-ray player which works well with this TV also are there any streaming 3D providers  I can subscribe to.

Thanks.

post #3424 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel25 View Post

Hi

I have recently bought UN60F8000 and this would be my first LED 3D TV. I currently only use Roku XS and Netflix and plan to use them with new TV. I am excited about the 3D and would like to buy some good titles and player.
Can anyone recommend a Blu-ray player which works well with this TV also are there any streaming 3D providers  I can subscribe to.

Thanks.

Welcome !!

I to am looking for a BluRay player. I have looked to Oppo , but unsure if I need to spend 500 for the standard 103. I have a Pioneer "Elite" DV79AVi and can`t get audio via HDMI to my F8000 , for reasons I have posted and don`t really feel like stating again. ( if you want to know more do a search for my postings !! ).

I currently have my `79 for sale , however I really don`t think it will sell for what I need to get ( 450.00 ). So , I don`t know if to get a 103 , or a Samsung BD-F6700.

If I sold my `79 , I would not think twice about buying an Oppo , might even go for the 1200 - 105 !

But if I end up keeping the `79 till end of life ( that will be a long time as it is in super mint condition ) , then getting a "high -end" player seems like over kill , and the F6700 will allow me to watch my older SD-DVD`s using the F8000`s speakers.

So right now I am in a holding pattern wink.gif

I can tell you that streaming HD movies is getting a whole lot better and cheeper ! , in some cases , you can have VUDU or Amazon and both are very good.

The other night I watched "Breaking Dawn Pt 2" off VUDU in SD ( from an Ultra Violet code from dvd purchase ) and it looked way better than the SD dvd I bought !!!

I had to check to make sure it was SD !

Getting back to you , if you have nothing or needing a good player for an existing library , then I would check out the Oppo - 103.

Later ! & Happy Holidays biggrin.gif

Gary 
archangel25 likes this.
post #3425 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 07:19 AM

Liked: 11
Hi All,
I bought the 75" the day it was available; yup, paid too much! Anyway, initially spent hours reading over all the tips and tricks you kind folks have posted, made my picture adjustments, and have enjoyed the set. As of late, I have noticed what I would consider an excess amount of "clouding", or "flash-lighting" on dark scenes (light clouds occupying the four corners). It may have been present all along, but just seems more noticeable now. I don't recall it being this bad initially, but I do recall it being a subject of concern from others in this forum. To avoid re-reading the hundreds of pages, is there some consensus as to the solution (if there is one) for this problem? I have the most current firmware. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
post #3426 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy View Post

Hi All,
I bought the 75" the day it was available; yup, paid too much! Anyway, initially spent hours reading over all the tips and tricks you kind folks have posted, made my picture adjustments, and have enjoyed the set. As of late, I have noticed what I would consider an excess amount of "clouding", or "flash-lighting" on dark scenes (light clouds occupying the four corners). It may have been present all along, but just seems more noticeable now. I don't recall it being this bad initially, but I do recall it being a subject of concern from others in this forum. To avoid re-reading the hundreds of pages, is there some consensus as to the solution (if there is one) for this problem? I have the most current firmware. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have some flashlighting in dark scenes, not much or not bad, not so noticeable, doesn't bother me much.  I have only had my 65" a week so not too familiar with what can be done settings wise. I believe I have read led technology issues are more prevalent in larger screens.  One suggestion I read was to loosen the screws in the corners of the back panel.  As if it were too tight pressing on the screen.  Not so sure I would want to do that.

post #3427 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 AM

Thanks Sideout,
I recall mention of the "screw loosening" deal; not real sure I want to go that route either. I'm just not sure if it is an inherent screen issue, or something that can be controlled using one of the many picture adjustments.
post #3428 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 09:36 AM

Hi. Question about Amazon Instant Video App. For some reason is not showing up on my smart apps section. Even doing a search comes empty. I have a UN60F8000 TV.

Any idea? I haven't reset the smart app yet. Just wondering why is not even showing up. Everything else is there.

-Jose
post #3429 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

Welcome !!

I to am looking for a BluRay player. I have looked to Oppo , but unsure if I need to spend 500 for the standard 103. I have a Pioneer "Elite" DV79AVi and can`t get audio via HDMI to my F8000 , for reasons I have posted and don`t really feel like stating again. ( if you want to know more do a search for my postings !! ).

I currently have my `79 for sale , however I really don`t think it will sell for what I need to get ( 450.00 ). So , I don`t know if to get a 103 , or a Samsung BD-F6700.

If I sold my `79 , I would not think twice about buying an Oppo , might even go for the 1200 - 105 !

But if I end up keeping the `79 till end of life ( that will be a long time as it is in super mint condition ) , then getting a "high -end" player seems like over kill , and the F6700 will allow me to watch my older SD-DVD`s using the F8000`s speakers.

So right now I am in a holding pattern wink.gif

I can tell you that streaming HD movies is getting a whole lot better and cheeper ! , in some cases , you can have VUDU or Amazon and both are very good.

The other night I watched "Breaking Dawn Pt 2" off VUDU in SD ( from an Ultra Violet code from dvd purchase ) and it looked way better than the SD dvd I bought !!!

I had to check to make sure it was SD !

Getting back to you , if you have nothing or needing a good player for an existing library , then I would check out the Oppo - 103.

Later ! & Happy Holidays biggrin.gif

Gary 

Thanks Gary.

This info should get me going and finalize the BD Player for my new TV. 

Happy Holidays !!!

post #3430 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Quote:

I have some flashlighting in dark scenes, not much or not bad, not so noticeable, doesn't bother me much.  I have only had my 65" a week so not too familiar with what can be done settings wise. I believe I have read led technology issues are more prevalent in larger screens.  One suggestion I read was to loosen the screws in the corners of the back panel.  As if it were too tight pressing on the screen.  Not so sure I would want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyboy View Post

Thanks Sideout,
I recall mention of the "screw loosening" deal; not real sure I want to go that route either. I'm just not sure if it is an inherent screen issue, or something that can be controlled using one of the many picture adjustments.

Hey guys. Related to the f8000 and maybe helpful, I have last years model, the un60es8000. Flashlight was most prevalent in Move mode and 3D due to the backlight setting needed for good 3D.

To remedy the flashlighting, I have been on Standard mode for 10 months now and dialed in a sweet picture quality there. In Standard, microdimming does its work, modulating the backlight as intended, and reduces it to almost non-existent flashlight or in those transitional shots as movies go from menu to logo to startup.

I do love Movie mode as well however microdimming cannot be activated in that mode. I have my Standard and Movie mode almost identical in pic quality.

I see very faint flashlight when looking at a 4:3 ratio pic like Casablanca. It is very very rare that I'll see flash of light in a corner while watching a 2:35:1 movie. Also, using a 16x9 frame as opposed to "screen fit" can reduce the thickness of letter box bars further reducing light.

Am I to assume the "cinema black" feature doesn't prevent flashlights?

I hope this helps in some way.

Love for all things Hi-def...Losing count; 200 plus bluray, 500 plus dvd, 30 plus HDdvd and a rapidly growing 50 plus in the cloud.

post #3431 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuy01 View Post

Are there any better 3D glasses than the ones that came with the set, especially in regards to fitting over prescription glasses?

I bought these from Monoprice.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10909&cs_id=1090902&p_id=9460&seq=1&format=2

Just got them today.Just tried them real fast.  They might make for a brighter 3D image. Definitely no worse than the Sammy glasses. I like how they wear and they have "sides", blocking out light coming in the sides of the glasses.  I use reading glasses, I tried, just for you, putting them both on.  They are OK, I think.  But the power button is on the inside and a reviewer at Monoprice said about with glasses on it hitting the power button.

I only bought one pair to try them out.  But I think I like and will buy another pair.

post #3432 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard767 View Post

This thread, post #1

Amazing...  People would come here and not read the first post, at least  LOL

post #3433 of 7583 Old 11-20-2013, 04:28 PM

Just purchased my Square Trade warranty through Costco.

$99 for 3 years, and starts after the Sammy warranty ends.

Ahhhhhhhhh...  the peace of mind for 4 years and 3 mos.    :D 

post #3434 of 7583 Old 11-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Not hijacking, just saying...

SO happy to be able to block users.

the air is so much more breathable now that I blocked the Lucas-name wannabe.

:-)
post #3435 of 7583 Old 11-21-2013, 05:04 PM

I've tried several modes and calibration tweaking to see if the "flashlighting" can be tempered...of course, it was less present, but still there! For a high-end TV, it's unacceptable! Samsung told me that was normal from a DEL panel...!!! I called back my dealer, and they accepted to change it for the plasma model PN64F8500...can't wait!!!
post #3436 of 7583 Old 11-21-2013, 11:24 PM

Liked: 19
I just ordered a 65" 8000 today and it'll be here Monday. I was looking at the Samsung site and one of the manuals states that in the box there is both a smart remote, with the touchpad, and a regular many-buttoned remote. Is this accurate? I only saw the first one in the store. If that is all that is included I guess I'll have to use my Logitech Harmony to achieve single remote control over several devices.

Also, does this output Bluetooth sound to my headset like the ZT-60 does? (Had to return it since the wife was disturbed by the general darkness of the plasma.)

Bob Sackett
post #3437 of 7583 Old 11-22-2013, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnilam1 View Post

I just ordered a 65" 8000 today and it'll be here Monday. I was looking at the Samsung site and one of the manuals states that in the box there is both a smart remote, with the touchpad, and a regular many-buttoned remote. Is this accurate? I only saw the first one in the store. If that is all that is included I guess I'll have to use my Logitech Harmony to achieve single remote control over several devices.

Also, does this output Bluetooth sound to my headset like the ZT-60 does? (Had to return it since the wife was disturbed by the general darkness of the plasma.)

I bought mine Nov. 12th, it came with the smart remote and the regular.  Don't like the regular remote they give you.  No 3D button and when you hit the light button, barely noticeable lighting of the buttons.  I purchased this one;

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0099CHEAY/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't really know the answer to the second question, my guess is no.

post #3438 of 7583 Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 PM

Liked: 19
Does the 8000 include an Amazon (Prime) app?

Bob Sackett
post #3439 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 12:11 AM

Liked: 27
Quote:

my iPhone doesn't even have an amazon prime app...what are you specifically trying to do with amazon? (yes I am a prime member)
post #3440 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 05:55 AM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Hi guys,

I have been researching for a while and finally I put money down (50%) for ordering the F8000 from my dealer as well as a new AVR, Speakers, 2 Subs, Blu Ray Player, etc.

I am doing a whole home theater upgrade.

The TV and everything else will be delivered/installed on Dec 13th.

I will have the unit wall mounted.

Everything is professionally installed.

The unit comes with 4 SSG-5100GB 3D Active Glasses, right? If I wanted to order more, I can get the Samsung SSG-5100GB 3D Active Glasses from Amazon, right? The glasses are $17.98 each..

I will have to calibration later but saw the below settings in the earlier posts here..

If there are better than the below please let me know.

Movie Mode
BL 10
Cont 94
Brite 45
Sharp 0
Color 50
G/R 50/50
Pic Size - screen fit
Pic Options
Color temp - Warm 2
Film Mode Auto 2 - haven't checked it yet
Auto Motion Plus > Custon > Blur = 10, Judder = 0, Clear = off

Adv
Color Space - Auto
10 point WB - Off
White Balance:
ro 26
go 26
bo 26
rg 16
gg 25
bg 31

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #3441 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

YES !! biggrin.gif

It does have the Amazon Prime app and a dedicated button on the remote , you can also download Amazon Music Cloud.

I have both and they are great wink.gif .

If you are a "Prime" member then you know all the perks , if not , it`s 80 bucks a year and watch all you want PLUS you get 2 day shipping.

If you buy a lot from Amazon ( like me !! ) it will pay for itself in a couple of months.

Also the quality is just so much better than Comcast and FASTER than Comcast - OnDemand , try it you`ll like it biggrin.gif

Later ,

Me 

PS:

HD + 5.1 ( 5.1 via optical out of tv to your amp )
post #3442 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharper64U View Post

I've tried several modes and calibration tweaking to see if the "flashlighting" can be tempered...of course, it was less present, but still there! For a high-end TV, it's unacceptable! Samsung told me that was normal from a DEL panel...!!! I called back my dealer, and they accepted to change it for the plasma model PN64F8500...can't wait!!!

All LED edge lit LCD panels have flash lighting and clouding to one degree or another depending on your luck. It's an undesirable byproduct of the design.

Enjoy your PDP. It's an excellent display. smile.gif

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #3443 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 10:38 AM

Liked: 14
Hey guys, I'm considering buying this tv as a replacement for my unrepairable sony 60nx720. I'm still using the cabinet designed for my old sxrd and it looks like the strange stand for this tv won't work with it. Anyone know of any stands you could use with this tv similar to wall mounting, but without having to wall mount? I guess I could buy I whole new cabinet, I just don't want to rewire everything.
post #3444 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 AM

Liked: 27
I played both the xbox one and ps4 yesterday on the F8000 yesterday. I was happy with how they both looked as there was a noticeable difference from the last the last gen consoles. Unfortunetly I do not believe I will be able to run the xbox directly to TV anymore with TOSLINK back to receiver. I was unable to get xbone to broadcast in surround sound to TV as it recognized it was not compatible with surround sound. Guess I'll just have to turn game mode on and off every time...bummer. Same problem with the PS4.
post #3445 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
^^Why do you think it won't work?
post #3446 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 07:21 PM

Liked: 15
Hey everyone,

I just recently decided to return my F7100, for clouding and flash lighting issues for the F8000. My question to anyone who can help would be does the microdimming work on movie mode, or standard as in the F7100, and most importantly does this series have a lot of clouding and flash lighting problems. Thanks again to anyone who can help.
post #3447 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelp1977 View Post

Hey everyone,

I just recently decided to return my F7100, for clouding and flash lighting issues for the F8000. My question to anyone who can help would be does the microdimming work on movie mode, or standard as in the F7100, and most importantly does this series have a lot of clouding and flash lighting problems. Thanks again to anyone who can help.

I have not seen any clouding or flash-lighting. That may be the fact that I don`t like the screen bright.

Here is what works for me:

Backlight = 10 { Eco Sensor / ON , value = 5 / Energy Saver = OFF }

Contrast = 95

Brightness = 40

Dynamic Contrast = Low

Black Tone = Dark

AMP = Clear

Smart LED = Standard

Cinema Black = On

With these settings all is nominal , not great , but no light bleed. The settings are in the Standard picture mode.

Not ALL F8000`s will respond correctly to these settings , but check them out , it can`t hurt !!

Later biggrin.gif

G. 
post #3448 of 7583 Old 11-23-2013, 09:42 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

I have not seen any clouding or flash-lighting. That may be the fact that I don`t like the screen bright.

Here is what works for me:

Backlight = 10 { Eco Sensor / ON , value = 5 / Energy Saver = OFF }

Contrast = 95

Brightness = 40

Dynamic Contrast = Low

Black Tone = Dark

AMP = Clear

Smart LED = Standard

Cinema Black = On

With these settings all is nominal , not great , but no light bleed. The settings are in the Standard picture mode.

Not ALL F8000`s will respond correctly to these settings , but check them out , it can`t hurt !!

Later biggrin.gif

G. 

Thanks for your response, as I know these questions have probably been asked many times! I will not receive the TV until Monday...through Best Buys 5 day expedited shipping...terrible, are the settings you gave on movie or standard?
post #3449 of 7583 Old 11-24-2013, 04:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Hi Angelp1977 ,

Yes , those setting that I listed are being used in the Standard Mode.

I have tried the same settings in the Movie mode and it just does not work for me.

Out of curiosity have the exact same settings in all 4 modes , and still Standard looks best.

Good luck with your new Samsung , I should tell you in advance that there support is garbage ( even worst than that , but public forum and all ) , when you call the help number they know nothing about the Samsung products.

If you run into a pinch , post on this thread for help or just PM in emergency wink.gif

Later smile.gif

Gary 
post #3450 of 7583 Old 11-24-2013, 04:48 AM

Folks -

I have a question on Glare. I'm giving my sony KDS-60A3000 (RPTV sxrd) to my inlaws, and getting either the Samsung 65UN8000 or the sony KDL65W850.
I haven't seen either in a home environment yet but have in my setup, the TV will be appx 14-15FT from 12FT wide x 8FT tall sliding doors.

How bad is the glare for those of you who have it facing windows/sunlight?

thx in advance

Aceman
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page