Forum Jump: 

post #5041 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPQ View Post

For 3d, this is what I do, I have the oppo player and it is on hdmi1 for the tv source.

I switch the input on the TV to hdmi1 and then turn on the oppo and put in the 3d disc. It will then read it and on the TV, it will say it is switching to 3d mode once the menu for the 3d movie shows up.

(for all the previews, it is 2d so nothing special)..

Simple as that.

The sceen will get blurry and once I activate the 3d glasses, everything is in 3d!

smile.gif

Yep, what he, HPQ, said

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post

You don't need to downgrade. The PQ is the same from 1116>1117>1118 and every version prior for that matter. It's probably your source/signal that is crappy and not the firmware. Put in a good quality blu-ray and it should look great.

After every FW update since this TV was released there are always a lot of "PQ is better" and "PQ is worse" comments here on AVS. I've never seen a noticeable difference and neither has my meter that I used to calibrate my F8000 last June. In 8 months and numerous firmware updates, I've not had to change my calibration settings whatsoever (just verified it again with my meter a few weeks ago).

That said, there have been a few forum members who experienced issues after a FW update which were resolved after doing a factory reset (something might have gotten messed up during the FW install). If you still think your picture looks worse, you might try that - just write down all of your settings first!

Thank you regarding the comment about not having to recalibrate with each FW update....that is comforting to know.

Brian
post #5043 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 35
HI ,

3D mode "greyed out" ?

Try turning off the tv and then unplug it , usually that does nothing , but the F8000`s are so buggy it might just work.

I have had all kinds of mis-fires , but all in all , `eh confused.gif

Good luck smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 
post #5044 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29 View Post

HI ,

3D mode "greyed out" ?

Try turning off the tv and then unplug it , usually that does nothing , but the F8000`s are so buggy it might just work.

I have had all kinds of mis-fires , but all in all , `eh confused.gif

Good luck smile.gif

Later ,

Gary 

I don't find my F8000 buggy at all.  Maybe setups may be buggy but not the F8000 itself.

post #5045 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:51 PM

Liked: 24
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the momentary video blackout posts have blurred into poor source pq because of compression. Granted the compression exists, but it has nothing to do with the loss of picture. Believe me, I hate cable; the worst day of the month is the day my cable bill arrives, but this looks like a problem with some F8000s and some questions still need to be answered:
Does everyone experiencing this have a bad source device or HDMI cable?
Is it video dropout or power cycling?
Does it only happen on HDMI1?
Does it happen with other sources - DVD, streaming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout99 View Post

I don't find my F8000 buggy at all.

What do you mean buggy? Buggy how? What's not buggy about it? Oh...wait... that's funny, not buggy. smile.gif
post #5046 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 05:56 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I have antenna and I have no issues. No power issues no picture issues. Nothing. TV is great! smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #5047 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FltTester View Post

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems the momentary video blackout posts have blurred into poor source pq because of compression. Granted the compression exists, but it has nothing to do with the loss of picture. Believe me, I hate cable; the worst day of the month is the day my cable bill arrives, but this looks like a problem with some F8000s and some questions still need to be answered:
What do you mean buggy? Buggy how? What's not buggy about it? Oh...wait... that's funny, not buggy. smile.gif

Quote:

What do you mean buggy? Buggy how? What's not buggy about it? Oh...wait... that's funny, not buggyI did not say it was buggy. smile.gif

You calling me funny ?  "How am I funny ??  What I am here to F'ing amuse you ???   How the F am I funny ????"

I love Pesci, love that movie, love that scene.

post #5048 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:06 PM

Liked: 13
Sweet! Got it all mounted. Haven't quite had time to run calibration disc yet, just did some eyeballing. Picture on this thing is just sick!

3a6ytary.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk for Android.
tubby497 likes this.
post #5049 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:

You calling me funny ?  "How am I funny ??  What I am here to F'ing amuse you ???   How the F am I funny ????"

biggrin.gif Me too.

TV - Panasonic 55GT50 THX, Main Speakers - Klipsch Gallery G28's, Center Channel- Klipsch RC-52, Sub-Klipsch Sub 12, Surround - Klipsch RS-52 II Bluray/Game - HTPC/PS3, Receiver - Onkyo RC-360, HTPC- Intel Core i3, HDMI,Windows 7,XBMC,Bluray,7 TB, Video Processor -Darbee

http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...hp?cat=2236715
post #5050 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldc2335 View Post

Sweet! Got it all mounted. Haven't quite had time to run calibration disc yet, just did some eyeballing. Picture on this thing is just sick!

3a6ytary.jpg

Looks like a nice setup and your panel looks good (sick, won the panel lotto)

post #5051 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 PM

Liked: 13
Thanks. No dead pixels and panel looks great, couldn't be happier. A sigh of relief after such a pricey purchase.

Still need to paint wire concealer to match wall, and not sure if I'll re-add my center speaker into the setup. I kinda like the vocals etc coming out of both sides.

Also go my plex server linked and have been streaming 3d/Blu-ray rips. Loving it!

post #5052 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:

Thanks. No dead pixels and panel looks great, couldn't be happier. A sigh of relief after such a pricey purchase.

Still need to paint wire concealer to match wall, and not sure if I'll re-add my center speaker into the setup. I kinda like the vocals etc coming out of both sides.

Also go my plex server linked and have been streaming 3d/Blu-ray rips. Loving it!

Yeah, first week I was constantly looking for dead pixels.  Finally, relax, fogetaboutit.

I like having center speaker.

I also run Plex as my media server from Synology NAS.

post #5053 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinoheat View Post

biggrin.gif Me too.

Definitely a classic!

Quote:

Sweet! Got it all mounted. Haven't quite had time to run calibration disc yet, just did some eyeballing. Picture on this thing is just sick! .

Glad you like it, Ldc2335. It seems to me some owners are so critical of the set they can't fully enjoy it. I'm mounting and hooking mine up tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna love it too.
post #5054 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by baltik View Post

My 55F8000 should be getting delivered pretty soon and I will have an opportunity to plug it in before signing off, after that I can no longer return the TV, can someone tell me what I need to look for to make sure I have a good set with minimal clouding etc..?

pretty please?
post #5055 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 07:27 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

Great. Congrats! The TV looks great! smile.gif

Samsung UN75F8000 LED TV, NAD T-777 (7.2 Receiver), Oppo 103, Sony PS4, Panamax MR-5100, 7 Paradigm Reference series 8" in ceiling speakers (AMS-150R) - 30 degree tilting speakers, 2 Paradigm SE Sub, universal remote MX-450, universal advanced RF base station MRF-3501. Pics here.
post #5056 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 07:31 PM
HPQ
Advanced Member

Quote:

pretty please?

Not sure how much time you will have after plugging it in.

obviously, the first thing is to look for any cracks. Beyond that, put it on a channel you know has a test pattern to see the color details. As for clouding, for that, you will have to apply picture setting changes which will take some time since the tv will have high backlight, etc. (apply Buzz settings).

If you can adjust the settings to ensure you can minimize the clouding you should be good.

post #5057 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:

pretty please?

I don't think I'm qualified to answer your question, but typically you can only refuse delivery if the box or TV itself are visibly damaged. Beyond that it's considered a warranty issue. A local big box store that delivers "may" take it back for a pq issue.
post #5058 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 08:18 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:

I don't think I'm qualified to answer your question, but typically you can only refuse delivery if the box or TV itself are visibly damaged. Beyond that it's considered a warranty issue. A local big box store that delivers "may" take it back for a pq issue.

The terms of my white glove delivery service stipulate that I can test the unit by plugging it in, afterwards it's between samsung and I...
Quote:

Not sure how much time you will have after plugging it in.

obviously, the first thing is to look for any cracks. Beyond that, put it on a channel you know has a test pattern to see the color details. As for clouding, for that, you will have to apply picture setting changes which will take some time since the tv will have high backlight, etc. (apply Buzz settings).

If you can adjust the settings to ensure you can minimize the clouding you should be good.

Thanks for the help, sadly I will only have a few minutes with them present so can't go into too much testing detail...
post #5059 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 22
just outta curiousity, cause i noticed at best buy and pauls tv that the F8000 appeared to have a much better and more "dialed" in picture than the F7100, but what does teh sharpness setting come at outta the factory? do they have the sharpness cranked up on the 8000 to purposely make it look more dialed in?

TV; SONY XBR65X850B 4k, previous was SAMSUNG 65 7100
AVR: Sony 7.2 1040
Blu Ray: Oppo 103D
post #5060 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post

just outta curiousity, cause i noticed at best buy and pauls tv that the F8000 appeared to have a much better and more "dialed" in picture than the F7100, but what does teh sharpness setting come at outta the factory? do they have the sharpness cranked up on the 8000 to purposely make it look more dialed in?

Both TV's have sharpness cranked to 50 out of the box if memory serves me well. However, the F8000 is remarkably sharp, even with the sharpness setting at 0. I got a chance to see the Sony W900A and Samsung F8000 side by side and with both sharpnesses at 0, the F8000 was quite obviously sharper and had noticeably more detail on skin and faces. There may have been some picture processing option on the Sony that was muddling the picture detail down, but the F8000 had unadulterated clarity.

The processor and picture processing is superior on the F8000 as well, so it's edge sharpening algorithms are much more precise and preserves detail better than step down models. So even with sharpness at 50 on both, the F8000 will still look better. Turn the sharpness down to 0 and they may look similar but the faster pixel response and higher contrast on the F8000 will keep details much sharper than the step down models.
post #5061 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post

OK, as of a few days ago (the 7th it seems), I started getting an annoying notification pop up randomly on my screen about my "Sugarsync account" expiring. I'm given the option to view details or hit "OK". Viewing details shows me that some policy change happened that resulted in whatever this free account was being turned into a pay account, or something like that.

1) I do not have a "SugarSync" account... don't even know what it is, nor do I care.
2) Clicking "OK" or reading the details doesn't matter... the notification KEEPS POPPING UP! Super annoying.
3) Samsung's useless web chat had me reset my TV and now I have other problems! But this one didn't go away

since doing the reset, now I have these issues:

1) Sometimes I can't shut off my TV with the remote! The weird thing is that if I'm using the smart touch remote, and if it won't shut off the TV, the standard one will. But if I switch to using that one, then it won't turn off the TV but the smart touch one will. Sometimes neither will. I've also had a couple times where I couldn't turn anything back on without unplugging the TV!

2) I used to hit the Smart Hub button and it would go to my apps page. Now it goes to the "What's on" page. I don't have regular TV (everything is on Plex server) so I really don't want this and I don't know how to get it to go back to how it was before.

With all these problems, Samsung's (still useless) support chat suggested I update the firmware but when I told them I have 1117 they told me the latest is 1116 and that "unsupported firmware is surely causing your problems". Huh? I got this firmware the normal way.. through the update firmware menu. Which, by the way, now shows 1118 being available but it refuses to D/L it (after > 2 hours it still shows 0%)

AARRGGGH.

Everything was working beautifully up until that stupid SugarSync notification.

I got that sugarsync pop-up too and I had no idea what it was about. It went away before I had time to do anything about it so I'm still not clear what it even is. Hilarious about Samsung's comment about unsupported firmware - wow they're ignorant at Samsung. Shockingly ignorant and useless.
post #5062 of 7879 Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol24 View Post

Hi thanks for the reply.
I'm watching movies from my ext. hdd directly to f8000, that's why I was concerned about future fw updates,
and my home cinema with cinavia is connected to tv and I'm getting sound on all speakers so I think
cinavia will be triggered only when you are watching movies on cinavia media players like bluray player
that already have cinavia builted in or downloaded in future updates.
Thx for recommendation. smile.gif

The sad part is that because Samsung is so poor at giving us proper release notes for their firmware, they could add Cinavia and we would never even know it was added, until it becomes a problem that somebody notices.
post #5063 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 AM

hi guys....what would happen if I would flash a firmware not meant for the tele? let me clarify my tele is ua55f8000ARXZN and its current firmware is 1113.1 from samsung.com/ae but have noted that the african site has 1114.1 but for ua55f8000AT***...and I would like to flash the African one:D
post #5064 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 07:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

I have antenna and I have no issues. No power issues no picture issues. Nothing. TV is great! smile.gif

Same here ...had my TV for almost 4 weeks and so far (knock on wood), no hiccups. Also using an antenna.
Maybe do some sort of poll to try and narrow down where the momentary blackout problem lies ?
post #5065 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 AM

Liked: 10
Thanks you all for such a quick responses. I was watching Hulu "Almost Human" from my PC, using HDMI1 port. Didn't realized the system will automatically detect if input signal is 3D.
I haven't started using the 3D glasses yet (no battery... Argh!)

While watching Almost Human, the mode was switched from 2D to 3D mode, with a message instructing that to switch back to 2D, press a 3D button. Couldn't find such button in either of the two remotes. Did I miss something?
Pax
post #5066 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpeters5 View Post

Thanks you all for such a quick responses. I was watching Hulu "Almost Human" from my PC, using HDMI1 port. Didn't realized the system will automatically detect if input signal is 3D.
I haven't started using the 3D glasses yet (no battery... Argh!)

While watching Almost Human, the mode was switched from 2D to 3D mode, with a message instructing that to switch back to 2D, press a 3D button. Couldn't find such button in either of the two remotes. Did I miss something?
Pax

The batteries for the glasses should be in a small pouch inside the white "bags" the glasses are in.

There should be a 3D button on the touch pad remote, not on the other though.

post #5067 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:15 AM

Liked: 14
A quick note on getting the color you want from the UNXXF8000. Much earlier in this thread there's some mention of a pink highlights issue using Standard mode. I noticed the same thing on mine, and it showed up both in the grayscale expert pattern and in regular viewing in brighter highlight areas that should have been neutral white. I tried tweaking White Balance settings to eliminate the issue but this didn't work.
I found I had to switch from Warm2 to Cool (neither Warm1 nor Standard was sufficient) to eliminate the issue. With some tweaking of the White Balance settings to de-emphasize blue the Cool setting works OK, although it's obviously somewhat "cooler" than Warm2, which I'm keeping in Movie mode, and I'm getting good skin tones, so think this may be a long-term solution. Here are shots showing the expert pattern using Cool and Warm2 (note that the slightly purplish look to the Cool sample is probably more from the camera's white balance setting being off than the actual TV image, which looks pretty neutral gray to the eye, and the crushed blacks in the pattern are due to the camera's auto-exposure settings, not the TV image):

post #5068 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_2 View Post

I got that sugarsync pop-up too and I had no idea what it was about. It went away before I had time to do anything about it so I'm still not clear what it even is. Hilarious about Samsung's comment about unsupported firmware - wow they're ignorant at Samsung. Shockingly ignorant and useless.

I forgot to update this thread... but the next day, the firmware did update with version 18 and since then I haven't had the problems I was describing. The SugarSync notice came up ONCE and once only and the power issues are gone.
post #5069 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:32 AM

Is that test pattern something internal to the TV or is that a disc you're using?
post #5070 of 7879 Old 02-14-2014, 09:37 AM

Liked: 22
Well replacement TV will be here tonight. Sure hope my luck changes. Will update when it gets here.

Thanks to everyone here who has been so helpful with everything.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung , Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55c8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv , Samsung Un55es8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Slim Led Hdtv , Westinghouse Ld 3235 32 Inch Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46f8000 46 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Samsung 55 Inch 3d Ultra Slim Smart Led Hdtv Un55f8000
Gear in this thread